Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 21, 2014, 01:26:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ready for wierd tales?  (Read 812 times)
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« on: March 15, 2011, 08:19:33 PM »

Back in November or early December (2010) I bought a puzzle of the Brooklyn Bridge. It is a black and white puzzle with 500 pieces. You can see it here.

http://www.nicepublishing.com/store.asp?prod=PUZZ&cat=&SubCat=&SubSub=&page=5&item=PZ353&Type=

My Daughter and I like to put puzzles together... um... Together  Undecided

So we got this one all put together and there was one piece missing. We looked all over the place for it but it was gone. And she wanted to glue it together and hang it on the wall. I sent off an email to "The Nice Card Company" and told them about my problem. I thought they could see a picture of the puzzle and where the piece was missing and send that one piece. But no, they had to send a whole puzzle. And I found out why. They are cut different. I thought all of the same puzzles were cut on the same cutter  I dunno What do I know. But it was free  grin

This one was harder to put together than the first one. But we finally got it done and all glued together and it looks great.

Wait for it.....

About the middle of February, I went and got my trailer from my friend. (He and I built the trailer together so we both own it) Then went and got my mothers car from Childress, loaded it on the trailer and brought it home to fix it.

THEN....

A few days ago there was an ad on craigslist. FREE BRICKS. So I contacted the guy and he had half the bricks on his trailer and the other half was still at the location. I told him I could go get them. He told me where. So I went.

Seems these bricks on the outside wall of some two story apartments were pulled off by the wind we had. A girl living inside the wall where it happened said it was really loud. We (my wife, son, and I) gathered up the bricks from the south side of the entrance way. This was about an eight foot wide and twenty feet high area that they came loose from. Just sort of "leaning towered" over and managed to scratch a few cars in the parking area. The other guys had already gotten the ones from the other side of the entrance way. The same amount of area fell down there.

I don't think they had enough ties holding the brick facing to the wall behind it and the wind pulled it off of it.

So we parked the trailer of bricks to the side and the next day the other guy delivered the trailer load he had. Then yesterday we unloaded our trailer and we were sweeping off the mortar and broken pieces of brick into a hole in the driveway when my wife said, "Hey there is a puzzle piece on the trailer." She picked it up and announced, "It looks like it goes to the bridge puzzle."

I looked at it and said, "it is part of the bridge puzzle. And it looks like the area where that one piece is missing."

So this morning I pulled out the puzzle with the missing piece and as it was mostly still together I re assembled it. My daughter came over just in time to help finish it. And she said, "There is still a piece missing."

I said, "No the one your mom found is over there."

Guess what.......

It was the missing piece.    

My wife believes by some weird coincidence we picked that piece up with the bricks. How weird would that be
jaw drop

I think that some how the puzzle piece was thrown into the grandkids' toy box and got stuck in this plastic cap gun they have. They were playing with that gun on the trailer load of bricks before we unloaded it.

But still. Finding it on the trailer covered in mortar dust we were sweeping off three months after it went missing  flying pig.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 09:09:50 PM »

What a story.   Good one.
Burl
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 09:40:55 PM »

Maybe it fell to the floor and got stuck to a shoe somehow , then to the trailer ?      Detective skills may be required to solve this puzzle .
                                                                                 Burl

Of all the things I've ever been called ;
I do like "Dad" the most .   ---Burl---
hardwood
Galactic Bee

Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 10:24:08 PM »

Oh boy...those aliens can sure be some sneaky little tricksters huh?

Scott

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
fish_stix
House Bee

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 10:26:46 PM »

Aliens baiting you! Better keep a good eye on your beehives! They'll suck the bees right out and spit out empty exoskeletons.  shocked
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 10:56:22 PM »

How old was the puzzle?  Maybe the missing piece had fallen out of a brick when it broke.   shocked

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next