Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 25, 2014, 03:53:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: sad story, but....(adult content?)  (Read 6595 times)
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2011, 08:54:43 AM »

TEST: Correct answer gets you a 100% score. Wrong answer a flat ZERO.

What is the strongest driving force in men ages 14 to 80+?

If you answer "sex" give yourself a 100.

There is this commercial where Dad wipes his dirty hands on his daughters short skirt that was hanging on the cloths line and threw it in the trash. The daughter finds it and takes it to Mom and she manages to get it clean using the amazing power of the laundry detergent advertised. And we see the girl strutting out the door with more hanging out the bottom of the skirt than most Dads care to see.

Daddy knows how boys think and is trying to protect the daughter. I just have to wonder why Mom doesn't get it?

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2011, 09:13:23 AM »

If mom "got it", there might be fewer daughters older then the marriage certificate.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2011, 09:26:57 AM »

The question was about women. I fear woman in many authorative positions, military, police, fire department - I'm sorry, it's gonna have to take TWO of these woman I see on these "Police Women of Houston" and others, two of them (or like-sized firewomen) to drag my fat rear out of a burning building. They'd block the doorway and we, all three would turn to dust.

I'll take ONE REALLY BEEFY FIREMAN who works out 6 times a day, he can rescue me!

Everyone: see BURIED with Ryan Reynolds about a contractor driving kitchen supplies in Iraq and the convoy protecting the contractors is hit with IEDs and gun fire.

I would not want to see a woman left in the hands of any MOB - no matter where. I understand, there are likely hundreds of thousands, if not millions of women who can kick my A$$ out there, there aren't enough of them around to "chance being one on one" alone in this scary world.

So, no I don't like women (and neither does Tracey) in combat situations.

About the subs, I've been in three subs, one very modern and average to petite women are ideal height wise for sub layout. An all female crew would work for me there. But I have some logistic issues having two sexes on board a sub. Shift work means SHIFT SLEEP - I'm toilet areas are in need of revamp too. But co-ed subs, I could live with, but I just feel that no American Woman should be put into a position on the front line, it not only jeopardizes the woman but the troop with her.

I
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 10:58:01 AM by beemaster » Logged

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2011, 10:22:14 AM »

I think the core issue is more a strict enforcement and punishment.

nope.  that's not it.  certainly does not address my point about war-revolution-disaster-rape, etc.  

Iddee please don't referring to inner city blacks as Monkeys

he didn't.  it was a reference to an above post and not out of line if in context of original post (IMHO)

What is the strongest driving force in men ages 14 to 80+?

the problem ages seem to be (in the military) 17 to about 24.  high hormones and underdeveloped control.  

not to take this off in another direction, but this is also going to be a problem with ending DADT.  you are just adding more to the mix.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 11:25:09 AM by kathyp » Logged

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2011, 10:24:33 AM »

Beemaster, once again, you have mixed me up with someone else.
Thank you, Kathy

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2011, 10:35:15 AM »

Beemaster, once again, you have mixed me up with someone else.
Thank you, Kathy

You all look alike  grin

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2011, 11:07:53 AM »

I love how I am always misquoting your words in your post  huh Forgive me again I guess Smiley

My answer is still no, no women on the front line. Soldiers today have live video they can send back to DC or anywhere in nearly all campaigns. The video the government must have recovered over the years must be staggering.

In the world we now fight in, women are treated like trash, belongings that are far below a camel on a top ten list. To capture an American girl, especially if it is thugs, and everywhere has thugs - she has a horrid future ahead, she would likely plead for a swift death.

There are no winners in being captured, or having less that required in a battle situation. Sometimes 20 pounds in weight makes the difference if someone can handle a large gun or not. That could be the difference between life and death.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2011, 12:30:49 PM »

No problem, John. I walk the edge so closely, I'm sure I keep the mod's finger on the delete button at all times. I do try to not cross the line, but it is likely to happen at times. Do what you need to do. No hard feelings on this end.

*Shel Silverstein*
Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2011, 12:35:58 PM »

I think the core issue is more a strict enforcement and punishment.

nope.  that's not it.  certainly does not address my point about war-revolution-disaster-rape, etc.  

I was meaning strictly among 'civilised' Americans. Strong societies and especially militarys were seldom slow with the lash to keep discipline.  And no, I didn't address war/disaster  - right or wrong an undisciplined rabble will act like one.
I didn't talk about women on the front lines because an ugly reality is that if they're captured all bets are pretty much off and they'd better know it going in. The other ugly reality is that they already are on the front lines. I don't personally think women should be sent but that has no effect on reality.
 A woman in the armed services should be able to reasonably expect at any time that she has nothing to fear from her own.

be happy and make others happy.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2011, 01:43:12 PM »

A woman in the armed services should be able to reasonably expect at any time that she has nothing to fear from her own.

this is the theory we have worked under.  for the most part, it's not been a problem..in spite of the cases that make headlines.  however, i think we are missing a basic dynamic that you can't "discipline" out.  something happens to otherwise normal and nice people under these extreme circumstances.  until we understand this better, we should use some caution when we put women out there. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Bee Happy
Super Bee

« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2011, 02:03:28 PM »

I couldn't say - I remember reading an article by a judge where he asked people to tell him in writing why they committed various crimes. the crimes varied widely by one same answer kept coming back "I didn't think I would get caught."
I guess given how infrequently stuff like this gets into the public I couldn't honestly guess whether crime within the military is higher or lower. (without hard evidence - I'm thinking generally it's probably at least slightly lower).
I agree there probably is some factor that can't be disciplined out, but I'm not against keeping discipline up either.
I offered a solution in a different forum in the form of asking "what kind of society does not teach women that it's ok to defend yourself and teach them how." I guess a truly free society with real equality is when someone can go where they please without fear because they can protect themselves.
(I used to read a lot of gun mags about the psychology of women being hesitant to defend themselves - I also assisted at women's self-defense seminars - which are useless if the person defending herself reaches a point at which she is unwilling to continue defending herself. - different issue really though. And I've had the joy of training with some little 120lb 5'3" women who can throw all 6'4" 230lbs of me clean across a room -those girls aren't rape candidates.)

Geoff
Field Bee

« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2011, 03:01:17 PM »

Hey Kathy, what is the name of this dance that you have got these blokes on. Is it the Tightrope Waltz or the Tightrope Jitterbug ?
Sorry fellas but I'm just sitting back smiling as the jousting goes on.

Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2011, 03:06:59 PM »

do you remember how the dance of the 7 veils ended?  evil

it was a serious quesiton, but the answers might make some twitchy......

Alexis de Tocqueville
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2011, 08:41:43 PM »

perhaps women should be required to roam in packs for protection.

They are..... you should see the flyers we are handed as soon as we get of the plane in country

Keith
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2011, 08:56:10 PM »

Kathy you made a post I was going to quote but now I lost it. You asked something to do with the rush of adreneline and the urge to well you know. I hate to quote a movie but read or watch "generation kill figure out what combat jacks are. It sums up what most 18-25 year old kids feel following a firefight.

There is no better feeling than surviving a firefight, well maybe surving an IED, or maybe that point when well you know. what i'm getting after is when that level of emotion or rush of adreneline is gong down, the last thing a young man needs to see is a woman (no offense) it can only end badly for both. The women in war zones are treated like garbage, they are chased like prize well this will get me in trouble on here. let me just say the front lines are no place for ladies

Keith
Countryboy
House Bee

« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2011, 09:06:34 PM »

I have serious doubts about what really happened with the reporter in Egypt.  She had a well established reputation for using her feminine charms to get info, or gain better access to frontlines, or get a ride where she wanted to go, etc.  She freely used sex to get ahead.  My guess is she was trying to get inside access to a story, and a gang bang got out of hand.  (Where was her security detail, or does CBS not pay for those anymore?)

The Associated Press does not name victims of sexual assault, unless they agree to it.  That means she agreed to the AP using her name publicly - just one more way to get her name out in the spotlight.  

So far no one else has stepped forward to corroborate her story, and none of the soldiers who allegedly rescued her bothered to arrest any of her alleged attackers.

With that said, women have been secret agents for thousands of years.  I think they are far better suited for being a secret agent than to be on the front lines holding a gun.  Women are ruled by emotion - and knowing the round they are squeezing off will kill someone's father, son, or brother...that has to affect them.
It should also be noted that women are able to emotionally disconnect when using computerized weaponry.  For example, Isreali women fighter pilots have the emotional response as if they were playing a video game.  A PMSing woman behind the controls of a fully armed F-16 is not a good combination...someone is gonna get hurt.

It should also be noted that historically, armies would lay siege to cities.  After the city was taken, for 3 days the soldiers could do whatever they wanted to the inhabitants of the city.  They could rape, pillage, and plunder for 3 days.  Perhaps there is a basic human psychological need for that kind of release.
And look at the common reaction of sailors coming into a port...
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2011, 10:39:49 PM »

what i'm getting after is when that level of emotion or rush of adreneline is gong down, the last thing a young man needs to see is a woman (no offense) it can only end badly for both. The women in war zones are treated like garbage, they are chased like prize well this will get me in trouble on here. let me just say the front lines are no place for ladies

that's more of the emotion i was getting at. 

Alexis de Tocqueville
Bee Happy
Super Bee

« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2011, 12:40:48 AM »

I just read the attached article - I made the mistake of assuming it was about the military women who claim they were attacked by their fellow soldiers and had limited or no help from their own branches in prosecuting them.
As to the reporter being attacked in Egypt.  People who (generally) think of others as potential slaves or fail on a basic level to recognize that people who aren't them have a right to exist at all don't meet the criteria of "human being" for me.

Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2011, 08:59:42 AM »

I don't know how it is now but when I was in the Army the women had a total different basic then the men. They didn't have to meet the same standard the men did. In genreal they are weaker and are wired different when it comes to blood and gut's. Not all but most women. Dose that save me Kathy Wink

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2011, 09:05:17 AM »

I just read the attached article - I made the mistake of assuming it was about the military women who claim they were attacked by their fellow soldiers and had limited or no help from their own branches in prosecuting them.
As to the reporter being attacked in Egypt.  People who (generally) think of others as potential slaves or fail on a basic level to recognize that people who aren't them have a right to exist at all don't meet the criteria of "human being" for me.

I believe Kathy meant to post the one about the military. If you go down to the third post on first page I posted the article I believe she was talking about. It is about military women being abused by their fellow unit members.

I'll just post it here how's that?

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/02/15/national/main20031948.shtml

Jerry

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next