Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 22, 2014, 11:46:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trevor Bayne wins the Daytona 500  (Read 817 times)
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« on: February 20, 2011, 05:37:47 PM »

I think it's awesome a kid wins in his first start of the Daytona!!! Lee Petty was the only other to win  in his first race at Daytona.
I think just because it was the first race at the Daytona speedway.
  Way to go Trevor!!
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 06:23:36 PM »

AND>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

His second ever Sprint cup race.

And the youngest driver to ever win the 500.

and the first race win for Woods bros. since 1976.

But the best part was,   

The best move at the end I have seen in any race in 20 years or more.

Yes, Way to go Trevor!!

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
Robo
Technical
Administrator
Galactic Bee

Beekeep On!

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 06:36:53 PM »

I too think it is great.  I think I'm most happy for the Wood Bros.  

Think they will now get the sponsorship needed to run the entire season.... grin

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

hardwood
Galactic Bee

Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 06:44:20 PM »

With all the yellow flags flyin' it looked like a boy scout jamboree!

Scott

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011, 07:15:34 PM »

The kid was great at staying out of trouble. He has a good head on his shoulders.
schawee
Field Bee

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2011, 12:09:27 AM »

for the veterans to say that they don't mine pushing or being pushed by trevor say'salot about this kid. and its nice to see the wood bros. back in the winner's circle again.    ...schawee

BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP
don2
Doak
House Bee

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2011, 12:53:46 AM »

To my notion that Daytona 500 was the best NASCAR  race I have ever watched. don2 Smiley

beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2011, 01:27:25 AM »

It all was great to see, for Trevor and the Woods' brother. This kid has a multimillion dollar smile, and super camera power - the next Kasey Kane I'd say. They shore won't need to wait for sponsors long, he DFN'd today but you can't take that away - kinda like baseball, you never know how great of a base-stealer someone is if they never make it to first!

I'll tell you though, I have mixed feelings about Nascar and changes over this last decade - none worse than putting 80% of their races on either TNT or ESPN2 rather than network carry them. The greater fan-base mat still not have such luxuries as cable channels. So Nascar is out of sight and out of mind if shown on these other channels - what was wrong with two networks splitting the season, but keeping the race on their main channels?

Then, now the OLYMPIC SKATING LOOK of the two car drafting - man I got mixed feelings. It is cool to see racers with no other goal but to get closer to the finish line team up and play lead card/push car. But a 2 car draft overtaking a ten car draft goes against everything I have ever known and respected about super speedway racing. Now we have up to 21 two car teams switching drafting partners like a square dance.

Some of the cars had 15 radio channels directly from driver to driver, unheard of. I just get Gobsmacked seeing 2 cars blowing past 4 like the 4 aren't moving and I think the most "joy" I'll get is to see the one with the best car (ideally) draft with every other car on the track until he makes it to the checkered.

And no catch can man - wow. That's 43 people less on pit lane during a yellow flag pit, awesome safety step forward! It looked like Jimmy Johnson's 48 team had the can man taking over for the rear tire changer as the jack made its way to the drives side. The tire puller grabbed the can(s) and the fuel-man pulled off the rear tire - what they accomplish is NOT having the rear tireman run around the gas can man. They were keeping around 13.8 others were around 15 seconds.

Glad to see they filled Phoenix today (so they said) but I swore I saw 2 sectioned blocked off. I just hope that I'll never sit with my mouth wide open looking at Dover Speedway again with nearly 100,000 empty seats as was last Sept. race was. I have been to Dover, what a spectacle, a track with 208 thousand seats - when I was there 4 years ago, not a seat was to be had. Last September, 5 large sections complete blanked off with banners and I swear that 1 out of every 3 seats was even empty in my main grand stands.

And I'm sorry, for those who disagree, but Jr' Nation is a bogus marketing champagne that is all smoke and mirrors. He can't race, he rarely wins - matter of fact, rarely finishes in the top 10. The love and respect the fans had for his day ARE the Jr. Nation, Dale Junior didn't earn it, it was dedicated fans hoping that hoped that keeping Senior's memory alive through Jr's racing might some how keep the old school racing that so many people grew up watch was still out there - It could be a slow death, but when you see CUP races barely out-sell a Camping World event, then you knowNascar is in trouble.

BTW, they announced the have new Demographics for fans - 8-35 year old fans will have nearly 90% of the available commercial money spent toward them - they are the new target group. So if you born before 1976 you likely won't see anything aimed toward you in ads.

Just a opinion on the break-out racers this year:

Jammie McMurry - This is one boy who don't lay down, adjustments kill him
Denny Hamlin - if his blunders last year stop haunting him
Paul Manard - He's been around and runs a clean race - looking for top 5s

And finally - 1) don't like this guy, and never liked him that 18 M&M car - Kyle Busch is arguably the greatest Nascar Driver racing today. You can say "But Johnson holds the undisputed record of 5 back to back chase victories" That is all true, you in it is a fact that you can NEVER win a race all season and still win the Chase just by consistently finishing in the top 5s.

Kyle Busch adapts well, has wild streaks of sweeping weekends and he has a bad boy side where he'll put a guy in the wall and during the race review he'll blame it on side draft, the other car got loose, or occasionally state that it was his fault. Either way, I think Kyle has many great years ahead and this could very well be on of them.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next