Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 19, 2014, 05:09:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WMD at ports  (Read 1190 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« on: February 14, 2011, 08:25:12 PM »

http://www.foxnewsinsider.com/2011/02/14/san-diego-port-security-says-wmd-found-on-american-soil/?v=5

this is the kind of thing that i would usually skim over and take with a grain of salt.  this time it caught my attention because this is not the first time i have heard rumor of this.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 08:41:11 PM »

Kathy stop spreading fear Obama is the president dont you remeber how happy the world was when we elected him they love us now no one would hurt us. he is the savior he will get us through this unpleasant war and rough  spot in history. its people like you who hate obama and keep dragging these stupid news stories by fox (i hate America news channel) to the surface. the war on terror is over the terrorist love us now

Keith
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 08:42:54 PM »

what the heck was i thinking.  sorry....   Lips Sealed

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 08:44:29 PM »

Whoa, Keith, my boots are only soooo high.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 09:02:05 PM »

My guess is that since that they can be ran through our ports,it's possible they could buried in the giant sand box of Iraq. Just because they weren't found doesn't mean they don't exist.
deknow
Field Bee

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 11:32:00 PM »

what is "mass effect"?  seems to me a rather small quantity of LSD, or even a shipment of defective car tires (that could cause hundreds of motorists to have blowouts) could qualify for such a designation.

this is not to say (or imply) that i don't think all kinds of things get through ports, buried in the iraqi desert, or shipped to syria....but this particular statement could refer to anything.

deknow
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 12:06:37 AM »

it could.  if you watched the video, the statement put out be homeland security only said no nuclear weapons had been found.  it said nothing about other WMD...and there are so many possibilities.

we game this from time to time.  used to do it in the military all the time also.  a WMD might just as likely be a weapon of mass disruption.  you don't have to kill a lot of people to bring the system down. 

Alexis de Tocqueville
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 08:20:12 AM »

Kathy I agree A WMD could be anything we are programmed to believe a nuke or chemical attack is what a WMD is. But, an EMP could very well be considered a WMD as well

Keith
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 09:44:09 AM »

They were interviewing one of the dim bulbs in the box. And possibly not use to being on camera and nervous. They probably have found weapons. Perhaps a few automatic weapons.

But aren't those people there to find the WMD? Isn't that their job? And how naive would it be to think no one has ever tried to get one through?

I believe the proper response to the question, "Have you ever found WMD?" would be, "Yes we have. That is what we are suppose to do. Now sleep better at night knowing we are doing our job." 

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
Vetch
House Bee

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2011, 09:55:42 AM »

this is the kind of thing that i would usually skim over and take with a grain of salt.  this time it caught my attention because this is not the first time i have heard rumor of this.

Oh, so the truth of a rumor is related to how often it is repeated?? 
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2011, 11:17:32 AM »

Oh, so the truth of a rumor is related to how often it is repeated??

that's a odd interpretation of my post.  i found it interesting that this was said.  what i had heard came to me through the grapevine.  this is different.

jerrymac, i thought it looked like he knew he's stepped in it even as he tried to answer the questions.  the PA officers reaction was even better.

Alexis de Tocqueville
VolunteerK9
Super Bee

Gamecock fan in UT land.

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2011, 11:23:13 AM »

But aren't those people there to find the WMD? Isn't that their job? And how naive would it be to think no one has ever tried to get one through?

If we can't keep a half determined Mexican from crossing the fence to look for work or to mule up a bale of weed, then there is absolutely no way that they could keep any hadji out looking to serve the Jihad.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next