Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 19, 2014, 04:50:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Australian Equipment Manufacturers - extractors etc  (Read 672 times)
OzBuzz
Queen Bee

« on: February 18, 2011, 11:40:33 AM »

Does anyone know of Australian Manufacturers of equipment like extractors, smokers etc?
Mardak
House Bee

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 03:20:39 AM »

Most decent metal fabricators will give you a price if you have a specific design and specifications in mind. Stay seated when you hear their prices though. This is the main reason imported extractors are used.
OzBuzz
Queen Bee

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 08:04:46 PM »

Thanks mardak, I'm sensing that costs to build here would be prohibitive (which i reckon is stupid! I'd happily buy an australian made extractor/equipment if the costing was competitive) - so what are the main brands of extractor available in australia and what would people recommend? I know of Maxant and Lega - i'm ideally looking for one that i can purchase as a manual but retro-fit with an electric motor later... preferably a kit supplied by the manufacturer. Obviously once i get to my initial goal of 200 hives i'll need something a little bigger than a four frame motorised extractor and an electric knife though
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next