Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 17, 2014, 04:46:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ron Paul for 2012  (Read 1619 times)
thebalvenie
House Bee

Vote Ron Paul!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« on: February 09, 2011, 09:38:30 AM »

Looks like he'll be running again....if you you're not following him he has a hearing today: "Congressman Paul will hold his first highly anticipated domestic monetary policy subcommittee hearing on Wednesday, February 9th, speak at the Conservative Political Action Conference on Friday, February 11th and has agreed to travel on a three city speaking tour in Iowa on March 7th"

Ron Paul is a hero of mine....i liken him to a modern day William Wallace....freedom and liberty are numero uno and he's often the lone voice in a shallow and dishonest congress.

“Gentlemen, I have had men watching you for a long time, and I am convinced that you have used the funds of the bank to speculate in the breadstuffs of the country. When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank. You tell me that if I take the deposits from the bank and annul its charter, I shall ruin ten thousand families. That may be true, gentlemen, but that is your sin! Should I let you go on, you will ruin fifty thousand families, and that would be my sin! You are a den of vipers and thieves. I intend to rout you out, and by the eternal God, I will rout you out.”

— Andrew Jackson to a delegation of bankers in 1832.

"Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito"
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 09:54:36 AM »

nooooooo   Wink

we won't rehash it this AM...........

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
thebalvenie
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 10:05:41 AM »

nooooooo   Wink

we won't rehash it this AM...........

that's to be expected Wink  as long as he's around i'll be around a msg board whoring him out.

thebalvenie
House Bee

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 10:33:57 AM »

Ron Paul on Gun Control:

The terrible violence in Arizona last weekend prompted much national discussion on many issues.  All Americans are united in their sympathies for the victims and their families.  All wonder what could motivate such a horrible act.  However, some have attempted to use this tragedy to discredit philosophical adversaries or score political points.  This sort of opportunism is simply despicable.

We are fortunate to live in a society where violence is universally denounced.  Not one public official or commentator has attempted to justify this reprehensible act, yet the newspapers, internet, and airwaves are full of people trying to claim it was somehow motivated by someone else’s political rhetoric.  Most disturbing are the calls to use government power to censor certain forms of speech, and even outlaw certain types of criticism of public officials.  This was the completely apolitical act of a violent and disturbed man.  How sad that the attempted murder of the Congresswoman who had just read the First Amendment on the House floor would be used in efforts to chill free speech!  Perhaps some would feel safer if the Alien and Sedition Acts were reinstated.

Also troubling are the renewed calls for stricter gun control laws, and for government to “do something” to somehow prevent similar incidents in the future.  This always seems to be the knee jerk reaction to any crime committed with a gun.  Nonsensical proposals to outlaw guns around federal officials and install bulletproof barriers in the congressional gallery only reinforce the growing perception that politicians view their own lives as far more important than the lives of ordinary citizens.  Politicians and a complicit media have conditioned many citizens to view government as our protector, leading to more demands for government action whenever tragedies occur.  But this impulse is at odds with the best American traditions of self-reliance and individualism, and it also leads to bad laws and the loss of liberty.

Remember - liberty only has meaning if we still believe in it when terrible things happen and more government security is demanded.  Government cannot make us safe by mandating security any more than it can make us prosperous by decreeing an end to poverty.

We need to reaffirm the core American value of individual responsibility.  Consider the young man who had the courage to tackle the shooter and prevent further carnage because he himself had a concealed weapon.  Without that gun, he could have been yet another sitting duck.  When peaceful citizens are armed, they at least have a chance against armed criminals.

Advocates of gun control would urge us to leave our safety to law enforcement, but eyewitness reports indicate it took police as much as 20 minutes to arrive on the scene that day!  Since police cannot be everywhere all of the time, a large part of our personal safety depends on our ability to defend ourselves.

Our constitutional right to bear arms does not create a society without risks of violent crime, and neither would the strictest gun control laws.  Guns and violence are a fact of life.  The question is whether it is preferable to be defenseless while waiting for the police, or to have the option to arm yourself.  We certainly know criminals prefer the former.

AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 06:48:48 PM »

I am tired of professional politicians.     http://hermancain.com/ 
Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2011, 04:16:03 AM »

Government cannot make us safe by mandating security any more than it can make us prosperous by decreeing an end to poverty.

(slightly off topic, I know) - "Government" managed to make us all believe that there's an obesity epidemic by reducing the body mass index limits though...

I don't really have any disagreement with RP on the second amendment.

be happy and make others happy.
thebalvenie
House Bee

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2011, 09:44:58 AM »

herman seems like a great guy.

i'll stick with paul and his knowledge and background with austrian economics. 

thebalvenie
House Bee

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2011, 11:54:57 AM »

i see libertarians and conservatives on here....no love for ron paul eh? 

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2011, 12:00:16 PM »

you know i like his domestic policy ideas.  it's his naive international policy statements that i can't take.  from what i have heard from is son, he seems a little more balanced, but i must confess that i have not studied him in depth.

+ even though i think his domestic agenda is pretty good, i don't think he'd get support from congress for much of it...if he won.  that would leave him fully in charge of screwing up international policy with no benefit domestically.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2011, 03:05:04 PM »

I like how he votes on money, but remember he did say in the beginning about 15 years ago about term limits and now how long has he been in office?
Countryboy
House Bee

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2011, 10:43:08 PM »

I like Ron Paul, even though he sounds like a broken record sometimes about the federal reserve.

If he became President, he'd quickly get assassinated by the banks because he'd pose too much of a threat.  Now that he is heading the House Financial Services committee, it wouldn't surprise me to see him get killed.
bee-nuts
Queen Bee

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2011, 06:02:36 AM »

He does not stand a chance.  If you are against the fed you will never get in the white house.  The bankers will ruin his image and ignorant Americans will take all the propaganda hook, line and sinker.

The moment a person forms a theory, his imagination sees in every object only the traits which favor that theory

Thomas Jefferson
thebalvenie
House Bee

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2011, 12:01:49 PM »

He does not stand a chance.  If you are against the fed you will never get in the white house.  The bankers will ruin his image and ignorant Americans will take all the propaganda hook, line and sinker.

is that an excuse not to support him and throw support to someone less knowledgeable and someone with a worse voting record?  i'm not gonna give up hope for dr. paul....although i agree he will risk more smear campaigns than the average politician.

i saw he won CPAC straw poll over the weekend....gets me kind of excited....and worried at the same time

Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2011, 12:13:37 PM »

How many times have I heard it said.  "I wanted to vote for Mr.X but I knew he couldn't win and didn't want to waste my vote so I voted for some other guy."

Now what if everyone that felt the same way had not voted for the other guy and "wasted" their vote and Mr.X won.

I just never figured out how you wasted a vote if you voted for the person you wanted.  rolleyes

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2011, 12:53:21 PM »

hate to sound like a broken record also, but i don't think it's his domestic policy that makes people uncomfortable.  the reason he keeps winning CPAC is that a lot of very enthusiastic kids really like his domestic policy.  that's not a bad thing because it shows that a new generation understands how messed up our domestic policy is.  there are a couple of things that keep regular people from backing him. one is his gold standard thing.  that's just not going to happen.  the other is his messed up view of foreign policy.  there is the real world, and there is the ron paul world.  if he could have his world, it might be a good thing, but.......

Alexis de Tocqueville
Robo
Technical
Administrator
Galactic Bee

Beekeep On!

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2011, 01:13:31 PM »

I also think he looses a lot of folks because of his ties with Alex Jones and the truthers.   Whether he is a truther or not,  the association is what turns people off.  Especially when you see rallies and interviews with people in the background chanting "9/11 was a inside job".

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2011, 01:19:29 PM »

i recall him saying that the 9/11 investigation was a cover up along the lines of the JFK assassination investigation.  seems he also said something about our international policy leading to various attacks.

Alexis de Tocqueville
thebalvenie
House Bee

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2011, 02:05:16 PM »

I like how he votes on money, but remember he did say in the beginning about 15 years ago about term limits and now how long has he been in office?

yeah?  i'd hardly say that is a huge deal nor is it his fault he keeps winning elections and keeps fighting a worthy cause....it's not as if he's hypocritical about it...he wins an election and then keeps fighting for term limits....what's wrong with that? 

thebalvenie
House Bee

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2011, 02:08:18 PM »

i recall him saying that the 9/11 investigation was a cover up along the lines of the JFK assassination investigation.  seems he also said something about our international policy leading to various attacks.

hmmm odd i recall him not being in line with the truthers or alex jones....he's been on the show yes...but that hardly makes him a 9/11 conspirator....

i can find an interview for you where he's on record on saying he doesn't think the us govt was behind 9/11 but he does think the govt took advantage of the situation what with the patriot act and all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next