Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 24, 2014, 09:44:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Glenn Beck  (Read 6700 times)
HBW1412
House Bee

« on: February 08, 2011, 11:46:34 PM »

I was wondering if anyone else on here watches Glenn Beck and thinks he may go down in history as a modern day Paul Revere? 

Paul Revere said, "The British are Coming, The British are Coming" and Glenn Beck has been telling us, "The Caliphate is Coming, The Caliphate is Coming" - what do you all think? 

Hmmm, I can just tell I'm going to get jumped on by some people and I might even get banned, but I thought I'd take the chance.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 12:06:01 AM »

i am not a big fan of watching him.  he kind of bugs me.  i do try to keep up with the stuff he posts on his site because he does a fantastic job if digging into the people behind events.  if the press had done 1/2 the job he's done, there would have been a much different outcome in the last election....not that McCain would have been a great get.

so...i am a fan of the info, but not necessarily the man smiley

and...you'll have to do much worse than ask a legit question to be banned.  i'd have been out of here long ago if that was what it took  evil

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
hankdog1
Field Bee

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 12:47:43 AM »

Can't really say I'm the biggest fan of the show he kinda has an odd way of turning me off with the over the top enthusiasm.  His info at times needs to be dug in deeper but like kathyp says he's doing the best job of anyone out there.  As for the being banned thing doubt posting about Glenn Beck will get that done but not sending us some of that whiskey you guys make out there in the moonshine capital of the world may.   evil  I'll pm ya my address if ya want to send some fire water to as a sacrifice to the beekeeping gods.   evil

Take me to the land of milk and honey!!!
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 12:50:23 AM »

He can be irritating, what with that smug little smile and tendency to grasp brier and speak in an English accent when making fun of certain members of the Elite and media.

But I find him both entertaining (entertainer is what he claims to be, not a commentator or journalist) with a pretty good grasp on identifying Gallianton Robbers.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
thebalvenie
House Bee

Vote Ron Paul!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 09:35:30 AM »

i think glenn beck is a jerk and a phony....and inconsistent.....can i leave it at that?  or do i really have to pull out resources to back it up....can you just take my word for it?  Wink

"Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito"
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 09:51:32 AM »

My Wife loves him for the history he teaches, she feels like he's a good college professor who entertains his class.

I like his radio show, which I get to hear a few times a week, that is quite good, although he hocks his books (amazing how many books he and his crew of dozens write) but it is entertaining. I have watched him many a night and don't fine too much that upsets me about him.

His chalkboard of names connected by spiderwebs of lines.

So I think he represents his beliefs of how the world has been since recorded man. I think he has amassed a huge database of world events, etc.. I guess I mean to say, I know my life is going to have commercials in it, might as well be Glen Beck commercials. I know we pay for his show by watching the channel and he did put 400 thousand people together at the Lincoln Memorial. I guess the worse thing that could happen is you may learn something, and that tips it in Beck's favor a bit.

Just thoughts.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2011, 09:52:00 AM »

i think glenn beck is a jerk and a phony....and inconsistent.....can i leave it at that?

you know better.  put up, or shut up.   grin   evil

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
thebalvenie
House Bee

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2011, 10:07:32 AM »

i think glenn beck is a jerk and a phony....and inconsistent.....can i leave it at that?

you know better.  put up, or shut up.   grin   evil

i know...but i'm tired and lazy and my darn back hurts from shoveling snow....have chiro appt in 2 hours....*fist pump*

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2011, 10:15:11 AM »

whine, whine, whine  grin

ok, but after you feel better we expect an explanation.  you can mind write it while you are getting cracked.

Alexis de Tocqueville
thebalvenie
House Bee

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2011, 10:31:53 AM »

ok, but after you feel better we expect an explanation.  you can mind write it while you are getting cracked.

the only radio personalities i care for are stossel and howard stern....stern, when he's not being overly vulgar, is quite an intelligent fella
but i guess i'm just picky and opinionated.

beck isn't for me.

sterling
Field Bee

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2011, 01:29:17 PM »

the only radio personalities i care for are stossel and howard stern....stern, when he's not being overly vulgar, is quite an intelligent fella
but i guess i'm just picky and opinionated.

beck isn't for me.
If Stern is your man then it's easy to see why you wouldn't like Beck. If you can prove him [BECK] to not be telling the truth in his rants then you can do what the liberal media can't. Because if they could they would've already hung him out to dry. BTW they haven't.
thebalvenie
House Bee

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2011, 03:32:46 PM »

stern isn't my man...i don't even listen to him....nor stossel...but i believe they're more consistent in their views....i believe beck spouts truth but i'm not entirely convinced he's genuine nor do i feel from what i've read and listened that's consistent....but how about we leave it at conflicting personalties and that he's just not for me.  i'm not calling out beck fans....if you like beck then great...glad you can find something useful from him....HE'S NOT FOR ME Wink  just wanted to throw that opinion out there...i guess i just don't give a rat's butt enough to dig up my claims

rod

buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2011, 05:43:27 PM »

stern isn't my man...i don't even listen to him....nor stossel...but i believe they're more consistent in their views....i believe beck spouts truth but i'm not entirely convinced he's genuine nor do i feel from what i've read and listened that's consistent....but how about we leave it at conflicting personalties and that he's just not for me.  i'm not calling out beck fans....if you like beck then great...glad you can find something useful from him....HE'S NOT FOR ME Wink  just wanted to throw that opinion out there...i guess i just don't give a rat's butt enough to dig up my claims

rod

I am guessing that"s why radios and tv have buttons to change the channel.To each his own. But I believe Beck does his homework before he comes on his show.
Vetch
House Bee

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2011, 06:28:15 PM »

Caliphate? No, not likely. There were pan-African and pan-Arab movements in the 50s and 60s, and they went no where. There are many different countries, each with their own style of government (kings, dictators, elected dictators, strong-men, central military governments, control by local war lords, and a hand full of semi-democracies). The idea that the powers that be in each of these countries is going to turn control of their turf over to some hypothetical 'unity' government makes no sense at all.
Dave360
House Bee

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2011, 08:30:32 PM »

I Love Glenn's view of the good old days when people were pure

and we had out houses lynchings tb polio  and the goverment didnt try and regulate the quality of our food , and we could let our 10 year old kids work 10-12 hrs a day

Dave
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2011, 08:37:24 PM »

He does have a great support staff and researchers working for him.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2011, 08:42:18 PM »

Caliphate? No, not likely. There were pan-African and pan-Arab movements in the 50s and 60s, and they went no where. There are many different countries, each with their own style of government (kings, dictators, elected dictators, strong-men, central military governments, control by local war lords, and a hand full of semi-democracies). The idea that the powers that be in each of these countries is going to turn control of their turf over to some hypothetical 'unity' government makes no sense at all.

that's not entirely accurate.  we are not talking about Arab and African movements.  we are talking about Islamists.  the current movement started in the 20's and has only been held in check, to some extent, by the autocratic governments of various countries.  the movement of the '20s gave us the terrorism  of the 70's to now.  they are well organized and growing.  
since a united Muslim government is their stated goal....the caliphate....it seems perfectly reasonable to take them at their word.  since their other stated goals are to destroy Israel and western democratic government, i can't think of a good reason to doubt that they'll continue to try.  Add to that nut jobs like the one in Iran, and you certainly have a recipe for disaster.  this is especially true because they need the holy places in Saudi Arabia as well as others like Jerusalem.

this need not be an indictment of the entire Muslim world, but it should be a warning that there are a large number of people who do not wish us well...  in fact, do not wish moderate Muslims well.

Alexis de Tocqueville
HBW1412
House Bee

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2011, 09:03:29 PM »

kathyp - Thank you for posting.  It looks like you keep up with world events like I do. 

Dave360 - You apparently don't watch Glenn Beck because if you did you would know that he doesn't consider any of the things you mentioned to be part of the good 'ol days.  He's perfectly comfortable eating M&M's and playing on his Apple IPad.  As far as 10 year olds having to work 10-12 hours a day....

That might not be a bad idea.  At least they wouldn't be joining gangs, having babies, beating up old people or killing for fun.  If you do your research you would find many cases of 10 year olds participating in the activities I just mentioned.

Meanwhile, I'll be educating myself about the things going on that threaten our way of life.  Glenn is doing a great service to this country by educating people about history and current events.  Granted, I could do without his humor at times, but I look past that. 
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2011, 09:16:54 PM »

Ahh the good old days when people were too proud to take government handouts without giving some work in exchange.The days when people were self reliant.The days when people were proud to work to own their own home,feed their family and raise their kids. that would be the days before the womb to the tomb care of Uncle Sam.
 The days of being proud to defend our way of life instead of being "tolerant" of all others,even if they want to destroy the heritage and way of life of this nation.
And the days when representatives in government represented the people,not the people serving the representatives.
 The days when grandparents were around to help mentor grandchildren rather than being stuck away in a nursing home.The days of not running to the emergency room for antibiotics to treat the common cold.The days kids were allowed to play Cowboys and Indians. The days when you knew your neighbors on a first name basis and did not have to lock your doors at night.The days when you could let your kids outside without having to watch out for kooks and creeps.
 These are times we should strive for again,it need not be just a distant past memory if every one would have the guts to stand up and say enough is enough!!

Work ethic:
Think CCC camps and WPA that built a lot of our National Parks,public water and sewers). Could you imagine asking the people on the welfare for extended periods(say second generation) that are able bodied or those on unemployment to partake in a public works program today? It would be just wrong to ask someone receiving public funds for something in exchange.

Maybe

« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 09:31:38 PM by buzzbee » Logged
Countryboy
House Bee

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2011, 09:24:31 PM »

Beck is a right wing spin doctor who caters to FUD.

The country was founded upon classical liberalism (not current liberalism).  I like a lot of what Peter Schiff says.  I don't enjoy listening to Beck - whenever I have listened to him, I find inconsistencies and inaccuracies, and no matter how loud or insistent he is, he can't change facts with his rants.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next