Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 20, 2014, 11:02:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Something to make John jealous :)  (Read 3113 times)
Beth Kirkley
House Bee

« on: April 03, 2004, 01:47:36 PM »

Ok John....here it is!

We'll start the tour by showing you what my daily view is out the back porch. This is where I can watch the ducks, or the fish, or just relax in the cool breeze.
Facing lake:

Facing "parking space":

This next shot shows you where a good parking spot is for "the bus". Near to the house, but far enough for privacy. Even have plug ins outside for electric. If you want cable though, you'll have to deal with only Christian tv. All we get is SkyAngel.

And here are some views you could have from the camping area of your bus. View to the right:

View to the front:

And view to the left:

Lastly - a view "behind" where the bus could go, with your back to the lake. The bee hives sit off to the right of the metal greenhouse frame, up against the trees. (This picture faces northeasternly.)

My husband would probably say "what do you mean telling some stranger to come park on our lake?!"...........LOL still fun to do what I can to make you as jealous as possible. Smiley

Bee Boy
House Bee

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2004, 01:33:30 PM »

Ohh, poor john! evil Why do you always pick on him Tongue???   Can I help too? cheesy

Bee Boy
Beth Kirkley
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2004, 02:41:00 PM »

John's like a big brother too me. Doesn't every little sister pick on their big brother? Smiley Not only that, but we're both red-heads, so I REALLY enjoy picking at him, and he likes it too. LOL

And yes.... you can help. Smiley He's a funny guy and messes up all the time, so he makes it really easy to pick at. LOL

(Sorry John .... I've got my back-up now.)

Beth Smiley

asleitch
House Bee

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2004, 02:46:40 PM »

I hate to say it, but all the images come up as Red "X"'s for me. I've seen no end of problems with people direct linking to community-webshots - they seem to have only intermittent up-time.

Adam
Robo
Technical
Administrator
Galactic Bee

Beekeep On!

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2004, 03:32:55 PM »

Adam,

Don't fret,  it was an old post prior to Beth getting off of webshots.

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Beth Kirkley
House Bee

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2004, 06:32:25 PM »

There..... I fixed up the photos and moved them over to imagestation so they can be seen. Smiley Plus added one more photo to it at the end.
I will never ever use webshots again.  evil Just too frustrating.

Beth

lobstafari
House Bee

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2004, 06:44:14 PM »

Thats a really nice place you have there, Beth!!  Bad situation here in Maine with waterfront.  I grew up on the ocean, work on the ocean, but can only afford to live 1 1/2 hrs away from the ocean....makes for a long commute every day!  Oh well, just have to work harder and buy more lottery tickets I guess. huh At least I can justify the cost of driving a really nice truck Cool
 Your bees must like having the water source.  I have some makeshift "birdbaths" and lug water to them.  I guess some people near bodies of water complain about bees trying to kill them, when all they're after, is a drink of water!!  MAybe we should all take out an educational ad in our local papers to bring people up to speed on honeybees huh?? cheesy  cheesy
lobstafari
House Bee

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2004, 06:45:38 PM »

PS=
Is that a river or a pond?  Either way, its really nice!!!
Beth Kirkley
House Bee

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2004, 12:25:03 AM »

Thanks lobstafari, it's a pond. Covers about 3 acres, and has monster fish in it. Land is really affordable here, but the trade off is that there is a huge lack in jobs. Especially good jobs that allow you to survive at all. Smiley It's actually my father-in-laws place, but I'm married to his only son...... so it falls to us upon his death. (Not that I want that any time soon.)

Here's a picture of an 8 lb bass caught last year.

click for larger image

And here's a catfish. If I remember correctly, this weighed 12 or 13 pounds.

click for larger image

Only problem with this place is that many of the cousins live on the property or just on the property through the woods. And then surrounding us are two families - the McLoeds and the Jones (3 McLoed homes, 1 Jones, then a Mcloed and Jones married!! and they live just three houses from us). Then THEIR cousins live outside that...... I sware, it seems everyone in the south is REALLY related in some way. I'm so glad I'm not from the south originally. LOL
But to get to my real point with that.... the thing is, if anything goes on around here, EVERYONE calls eachother immediately "did you hear that? did you see that? do you know what they're doing?". If I mow the lawn, it's news around here. LOL

Beth

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next