I was passing through without gear, decided to do a quick, lite check today, It dose look like an early spring is here though there's still a chance of frost and light rains in the near future.
Hives with tele covers and inner covers did have some mold, now they're appear to be doing ok. Those with migratory covers as seen in the pic above didn't have signs of mold. With the exception of one hive, put on close to two pounds of pollen sub per on the day of this check with out syrup -> Jan 16th. Roughly half is gone and honey is still there today. They are very active.
The larger apiaries close by all run painted migratory covers with out an over hang set up for gallon can feeders, none are in the area right now, I assume they've been moved to almonds. With what little I can see in the orchards, very few have gallon feeders on right now. If what I have want to fly the distance, almonds and other sources are with in range. anyway..
I didn't have a camera in hand today. I will check with gear (a suit) and a camera in the next week, the bees were pissy so I couldn't or wouldn't dig in deep. The pic below is of a check in November, They all looked pretty close to the same last check with the difference of the population split up into two boxes instead of one which isn't a booming hive to me. For those that notice, The truth of the matter is I used the hive tool in the pic because my real hive tool wasn't available, it disappeared and since been replaced with a standard hive tool.
The exception hive was started with a gallon of syrup and a few tables spoons of dry mega bee on two occasions. I haven't put on any feed on since. It's an experiment.
Hopefully it doesn't look similar to this on next check