Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 27, 2014, 08:48:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: When is the global warming gonna start?  (Read 2499 times)
hankdog1
Field Bee

« on: January 16, 2011, 10:46:42 PM »

Okay i gotta ask when the heck is the global warming gonna start?  I mean this has to be shaping up as one of the coldest winters on record.  I'm freezing when people are telling me it's warming up outside.  We have got more snow then we've had in years.  The bad thing is i bought all these shorts and tropical shirts in anticipation of it warming up  evil.  Hehehe guess that plan is a bust.

Take me to the land of milk and honey!!!
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 11:29:52 PM »

They have changed it and started calling it climate change now. But they do blame all the snow and the floods down in Australia on it.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
beee farmer
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 12:37:23 AM »

Yeah I just read in the paper where this year tied with 2009 for the hottest year since we been recording it like the 1820's or somthing,,, now don't quote me on this but I would gather from reading in the coffee house that Obama is somehow responsible for hiding the facts from us (by creating this darned cold weather) that there is actually "global warming" going on.

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do"  Benjamin Franklin
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 12:54:25 AM »

I don't know where all that hot temps went. Down here it has not gotten as hot as I had seen it back in the "70s. Haven't seen any of those 117 degree days in years.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
hankdog1
Field Bee

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 09:14:06 AM »

See here's what happens when the government tells you something good is gonna happen.  They say that it's getting colder because they don't want to bust all our hopes and dreams that eventually some of us will own beach frount property.  In the mean time guess i'll just have to try and stay warm and pray they change thier minds again before the heating bill eats me alive.

Burl
House Bee

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 12:07:30 PM »

Have you all noticed that the high priest of global warming Al Gore has been real quiet lately ?  He was a regular contributer to the news for a while there .
Who knows , maybe there are people with buckets of tar and bags of feathers looking for him .  Maybe he's just laying low and enjoying the millions he made by duping a gullible society .  Chicken little found out how to profit by saying the sky was falling .  Being a prophet of doom can be profitable .
                                                                                          Burl

Of all the things I've ever been called ;
I do like "Dad" the most .   ---Burl---
Be a Bee
New Bee

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 11:44:59 PM »

global warming gonna start? 

If you find time you should read what NOAA has to say about your question in its 13 page research. It is now called Climate change rather than just Global Warming as it takes into account all factors that influence global temperature rather than just CO2. The article is called: Is the climate warming or cooling? by David R. Easterling. I am not able to put a link so leave it at that.
Werner Gysi

Be the bees with me as long as I can see
bulldog
House Bee

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2011, 03:02:05 PM »

you'll have to blame al gore. he's the one who invented global warming. must have don that right after he invented the internet, i guess. rolleyes

Confucius say "He who stand on toilet is high on pot"
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2011, 01:52:04 AM »

Okay i gotta ask when the heck is the global warming gonna start? 
When Polar bears make it to Kentucky from the looks of things.
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2011, 08:06:49 PM »

It's a convenient thing to change it to climate change when the sheeple won't bite on the "warming" thing much anymore.
Never let a crisis go to waste they say.
This weather reminds me of what they were preaching was going to happen when I was in grade school. They were preaching of the impending doom of the next ice age in the early seventies.
Burl
House Bee

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2011, 09:22:10 PM »

You've got that right on Buzzbee !    Let's see :   carbon dioxide is a greenhouse gas , so they say .   Well , I've got a greenhouse ,and everything in there gets warm when the sun shines .  Hasn't been warmer here the last few years .  In fact I may have to start using that greenhouse to grow sweetcorn ,if I want any .  The crop has failed the last 4 years .  Too cold .  No green house effect in our part of the world .  But --- our gubberment has levied  a carbon tax on our fuel we buy .  That includes our home heating fuel.  Their ripping us off , because they were handed a convenient excuse to do it !  What a con-job this is .  The media just loves this and foists upon the "sheeple" as you say.  What a farce !                   
                                                               ---Burl---

buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2011, 09:29:22 PM »

And what has that tax money gone to? Most likely a social program and nothing to produce a drop of fossil less energy I'll bet.
Do they also tax you if you heat with wood?Just curious Burl.
Burl
House Bee

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2011, 01:12:05 AM »

Hi ,   No they haven't started to tax us for burning wood ---yet .  That is being considered .  Now , how to hide a woodpile ?
 You know people  ,  maybe we are not supposed to take this global Warming/Climate change LITERALLY ,  maybe it's just (pause for effect)
                                           AL-E-Gore-i-cal .

Be cool ,      ---Burl---

Burl
House Bee

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2011, 01:23:47 AM »

You know, I'm not sure what they are spending our carbon tax (scam) dollars on .  But , I heard on the radio the other day that the recycling plant in the big city closed down , the one that recycles empty juice boxes .  Juice boxes that we pay an eco-fee ( TAX ) on when we buy them .  So our gubberment officials were selling them to an electric power generating plant who was burning them to make electricity to sell .  You know me , I love to laugh and find humor in situations .  But , I can't even smile at this one .  All I can do is shake my head .  Carbon tax .  Eco-Fee .  Sad      ---Burl---

Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2011, 02:21:07 AM »

Listened to a report on the news the other night that all this rain and snow and cold temperatures are proof of global warming.  How? Because the warmer temperatures in the summer puts a lot more moisture in the air due to evaporation which is what produces all the rain and snow in the winter.  I dunno thunder

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2011, 08:00:29 AM »

Always.....always....follow the money!  Wink

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2011, 09:39:38 AM »

Just follow the snow......    More on the way next week.  rolleyes
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2011, 12:42:16 PM »

This is a photo Burl sent me. It is taken on a typical January day. No sign of global warming at his place yet!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2011, 12:44:08 PM »

You could be the next Burl Ives on Santa Clause is coming to town!! grin
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2011, 03:25:23 PM »

Can he sing?
hankdog1
Field Bee

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2011, 08:39:31 PM »

Next decent snow we have i'll have to get out and shoot some videos.  We didn't get much snow back in the 80's started getting the big ones in the 90's and now we get a mix of both without it ever warming up enough to completely melt the last one.  Of course the way most people talk the weather as far as being cold is going back to the way it was back in the 60's and 70's. 

Burl
House Bee

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2011, 09:25:49 PM »

Ever try to ss-sing  when you're  sh-sh-sh-shivvering ?
                                                                              Brrr-rr-l

AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2011, 11:13:23 PM »

grin  Good one.
Highlandsfreedom
House Bee

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2011, 11:14:41 PM »

Well from what I undersand the air temp. has nothing to do with the Global Warming Climate Change thing.  It has to do with the temp. of the Oceans and they are what control the weather patterns.  They say that's why we are getting bigger hurricanes and typhoons and its flooding and mud sliding where it has been.  Also I feel the earth was around WAYYYY before we were and we humans are nothing more than a fungus growing on the earth and when we hit the tipping point she/he/it will clean house and be done with us.  We can just keep on doing what we are doing and wonder why its freezing in Tampa Bay, FL.  I feel we can do nothing because we already had an Ice age or two and we didn't even have plastic at the time!! So if we have another one it will prolly be of no fault of ours but just the cycle of life.  And as Forrest Gump would say........That's all I have to say 'bout that.

To bee or not to bee that is the question I wake up to answer that every morning...
ArmucheeBee
Field Bee

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2011, 07:14:40 PM »

Check the pictures and info on Alaskan Glaciers (ex: Mendenhal) or all glaciers for that matter.  In the 70's and 80's the cruise ships used to pull up next to the calving glaciers.  Now many glaciers are gone from the coast and the ships have to disenbark and you take a nice little hike to see them.  Which has lead to some nice cottage industries giving tours--capitalism alive and well.   Sarah Palin must be melting them some how  evil

Stephen Stewart
2nd Grade Teacher

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich."  SpongeBob Squarepants
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next