Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
November 27, 2014, 03:16:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this true?  (Read 3947 times)
iddee
Galactic Bee

« on: January 15, 2011, 06:52:57 PM »

Subject: Wedding Ring "Out for repair???"

Another piece falls into place. How many time have you sent your wedding ring and watch "out for repairs"?
In a press conference last week Obama was not wearing his wedding ring nor his watch. When noticed, his staff
said his ring was out for repairs.  No reason was given for the missing watch.

So ? Is it just a coincidence that Muslims are forbidden
from wearing jewelry during the month of Ramadan ?

Can't possibly be that, because although he hasn't gone to a
Christian church service since entering the White House, we
know he's a committed Christian 'cause he said so during the campaign.

And I've got a bridge to sell you also.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 07:27:36 PM »

But it is not Ramadan.   I have not worn my ring since the week I got married.   Been put up since.   The wife only wears hers to work.  She could not find it today since we had a week of snow and she wanted to wear it to the jiu jitsu matches at the Rome Forum tonight.

But he has been religious neutral since taking office.
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 10:13:04 PM »

Who cares about his religion. with all the crap he is trying to push down our throat the fact he worships allah doesnt seem to bother me

Keith
Michael Bush
Universal Bee

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 10:27:06 PM »

Ramadan in 2010 was Aug 11 to Sep 9.  Ramadon in 2011 will be Aug 1 to Aug 29.  We are currently about as far from either of those as you can get...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramadan_(calendar_month)

Can you imagine having a life where every presence or absence of any detail of your life (ring etc.) is scrutinized and speculated about?

Michael Bush
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--Rick Nielsen
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 02:03:32 AM »

My wife and I do not have, never had, wedding rings at all. What's the point?

There is no requirement of a particular religion, or any religion, to be the President. Why do people keep making a big deal out of it?

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 08:02:20 AM »

My wife and I do not have, never had, wedding rings at all. What's the point?

There is no requirement of a particular religion, or any religion, to be the President. Why do people keep making a big deal out of it?

Jerrymac,

I think that would be for two reasons...

1) People just don't like him. Making being critical easier on all the details of his life. This is normal. No matter how well or with flawed Bush was going to run the country, his speaking skills were attacked from day one. So this always happens. I find it absurd to ask why. Every aspect of a president life is questioned by someone.

2) There has always been questions about Obama. Yes, the birth certificate, and all that stuff gets flushed into the nix. But there are many things, that all thrown together, makes it all seem like the man is lying. Is it any coincidence that his college entrance application was conveniently misplaced or lost? Was it due to Obama taking advantage of foreign aid and getting into college after applying as a non-citizen? This is but one of the questions, that if it was a Republican, would be investigated and never forgotten. But many passes have been given to Obama and the mainstream media refuses to do it's work. So people are left to their own conclusions and ideas.

The fact that he leaves out the mention of god with certain talks, is not seen abroad with his wife, and many other aspects makes some question his truthfulness. If he came out and said he was Muslim, would any really care beyond bigots, racist, and purists who would call him the liar he is?

I don't see him as a man of one faith or another. Your right, who cares. I see him as lying, manipulator, who has had questionable...and continues to have questionable connections, divides this country not based on anyone asking questions of himself but rather by the actions of himself, and a person who has called me an enemy.

I say let the people ask all the questions they want. Obama has not been truthful about half of his life, his intentions for the country, or anything else. I'm just surprised how many folks were fooled by a slick slogan of change, and promises of some Utopian society and the idea that the government would provide everything to the point they would not need to do anything ever again. It reminded me of clips of the people who in a fervor, followed Hitler in the early days with some of the same promises. Like a politician could ever do these things to begin with is unrealistic. The poeple need to ask all the questions they want.

So appreciate the naysayers. Appreciate those that question politicians....it's not like they have a proven track record of truth anyways. And appreciate the public who raise questions, some worthy, and some not so worthy, when the main stream media is more busier making comments about how they "get tingles up their legs" instead of being the impartial voice of the people.

And if the president can call people "enemies", and suggest they are crazy because they "cling to their religion and guns".....why question anyone with any question. They have a right to say anything about the president. If it's good enough for the president to do this crap, I find it questionable why anyone throwing mud back the other way is any less for it.

I think the overall questioning of the president is for many reasons. Religion is just one part of the missing puzzle.

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com
Rosalind
House Bee

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 08:38:15 AM »

Subject: Wedding Ring "Out for repair???"

How many time have you sent your wedding ring and watch "out for repairs"?

Wedding ring: once in 15 years for me, three times in 15 years for Spouse. He manages to bend his quite a bit at work.
Watch: Literally every 18 months, regardless of kind of watch--OK, I never tried Rolex, but after five Timexes, two Swiss watches inherited from grandparents (that ran for decades before they met me), three Swatches and a couple of spendy watches bought at the mall, I gave up.

Why so much bile directed at Obama in particular? As near as I can tell, they are pretty much all shady characters.
This is but one of the questions, that if it was a Republican, would be investigated and never forgotten.
I disagree, there have been oodles of Republicans who also got away with all sorts of shady backgrounds and disreputable nonsense. There are plenty of Republicans still getting away with disreputable nonsense. There are plenty of Democrats getting away with disreputable nonsense. A pox on both their houses.

I was waiting in line at the cafeteria the other day, and they had some news channel on the teevee. On it, some dude kept asking over and over, "is this true?" and then repeating something that three seconds spent Googling (or heck, checking an old encyclopedia) would have demonstrated, is clearly not true at all. And people in the teevee audience were all nodding very seriously to each other as if this was a valid question to ask. Gee, is 2+2 really 4? I don't know, maybe it's 5! Could it be 3? Gosh, anything is possible! Is this seriously what our politics have come to? Boy, now I am depressed.  Sad

Chickens, turkeys, 2 dogs, 3 cats, lots and lots of bees!
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2011, 08:56:23 AM »

How do you know when a politician is lying?

When you see his/her mouth moving.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2011, 09:40:56 AM »

Rosalind,
If you think the mainstream media has dived into Obama on the same level they do as Bush, or any number of recent Republican candidates from the last election, I really do disagree. By "investigate" I'm talking about the mainstream media, to which almost all of my comments were directed.

We had one person hounded for some stupid things she said in her earlier years (like we all are not guilty of that), and yet when it comes to missing transcripts and college entry applications...."it was just a simple human error"...oh well, no need to look further.

Bile is such a nasty word thrown towards others when they happen to not like another person, and question their motives, actions, and impact they have on their own lives. I guess we should go back to the days when enough of folks like you think it's a travesty to speak out against the leader or King and were silenced for their words. You should be grateful that others can speak out. Not sit back and marvel of why they do it to begin with. I personally think that Obama is a lying politician (you agree), and comes from one of two parties that are corrupt (and you agree again by your own words.)

So we have lying politicians and you think the average Joe on the street should not be enraged. He gets more of the "bile" because he is the President. That's why more is directed at him. Not hard to understand. Why not be enraged at the raising of my taxes, the debt of this country, and the direction from all the lying crooks in Washington.

I say more should be enraged to direct "bile". For too long, too many sat back and did nothing. And I think this country is going down the wrong path. And by most polls, about 80% agree with me.

Through anger, action, and even "bile" (Like the President calling half of the population "enemies") motivation and change can take place. It's part of the process.

I hold no reservations I do not like the current President. And just as I have no emotion for some guy who happens to hold a public sector job in any town across the country who happens to fall over dead, I would not feel any different for the President. I never met the man. He is not my friend. He is not welcome in my home. He is a public servant., who happens to be a bit further up the corrupt ladder of government. That is all. And when his time is up, I will feel no different than what I feel for any number of tens of thousands of other people who die every year.

In the meantime, I do hope for change. I do hope that enough people are done sitting on their hands and feeling they have no influence in politics. I hope people get involved, vote, and throw every last one of the bums out of Washington.

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
hardwood
Galactic Bee

Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2011, 09:53:45 AM »

Obummer is as worthless as a gay spider in Texas.

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2011, 11:48:32 AM »

i really don't think that the religion of a president should normally be an issue.  his job is to uphold the constitution and see to the protection of the country.  in this case, it might be relevant.

he was not vetted by the press.  they are notorious for digging into the background of all presidential candidate from both parties.  if they can't find enough dirt, they go with rumors. because liberals are into symbolism and group identification, and because the majority of the press are liberal, it was more important to get the first black president, than to get a qualified president.

when he was found to have been sitting in a rabidly Marxist church for 20 years, they shrugged it off.  when the Hillary camp brought up the birth certificate, they shrugged it off and then accepted a document as "proof" that was not a birth certificate. 
no questions were asked about his past associations with terrorists and Marxist. 
it's no surprise that his assertion that he was a Christian was taken at face value. 

why would it matter?  Islam is not only a set of religious beliefs, but it is a form of government.  that form of government is in direct opposition to our constitution.  while we are not a war with Islam as a religion, we are absolutely at war with those elements of of Islam that would spread it's form of government around the world.
even if he is not Muslim, if he is prone to sympathizing with their position to the point that he will make concessions damaging to us, it's a problem.

we know now that he was brought up a Marxist by his mother, father, step father, and grandparents.  we know now that his friends and associates as a young adult were Marxists.  we know that his church was a black liberation theology church...which is Marxist.  Islam, as a form of government, is far more closely aligned with Marxism than any form of democracy. 

+ if he is Muslim, he lied to the American people.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
oliver
House Bee

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2011, 01:20:21 PM »

We have to produce our birth certificate to get a passport, a lot of job applications require it.. Just stymies me that one applying for the presidency is exempt from this . Would be a simple matter to put all speculation to rest, just show it..
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2011, 01:43:30 PM »

My grandparents didn't have a birth certificate.   Got lost when the court house burned down back in the day.
Rosalind
House Bee

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2011, 02:35:26 PM »

I guess we should go back to the days when enough of folks like you think it's a travesty to speak out against the leader or King and were silenced for their words.
Gee, that's quite an assumption. I don't think it's a travesty to speak out against bad leadership at all, I'm saying, there are plenty of his real policies to be enraged about without having to invent ones. That's really what I am wondering, why people aren't upset about, for example:
-Farm policies that favor commodity monocropping by and for agribusiness, that hurts small family farms and pretty much anyone who gives a darn about food quality
-Food safety laws that specifically punish small producers and direct sales producers much more than big processors
-Lack of protection of our fisheries from foreign oil prospectors
-Repeal of most of the Glass-Steagall provisions that led to the AIG/Finance collapse, and the laissez-faire policies that followed the repeal
-H1b visa policies when there are plenty of highly-trained, well-educated, unemployed Americans able to fill those jobs

Bile is such a nasty word thrown towards others when they happen to not like another person, and question their motives, actions, and impact they have on their own lives.
Well, I like you.  grin From a commie pinko hippie, I say, welcome to the Enemies Of The State Club! You'll like it here, just don't forget to bring a potluck dish to share.

Chickens, turkeys, 2 dogs, 3 cats, lots and lots of bees!
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2011, 02:59:14 PM »

lots of people didn't  used to have them.  a record of birth in the family bible, or a letter from someone who attended the birth was accepted.  

if you read the law that applied at the time of obamas birth, the certificate that he used was issued to many for just that reason.  it was issued for those who were adopted from other countries, were born at home with no medical record of the birth, etc.  the purpose was to show that they were residents of Hawaii, not to show where they were born.  all that was required was for someone to affirm that they were legal residents of Hawaii, no matter where they were born.

http://www.loandesk.com/localagent.html

so...we have a law that allows for him to have been born elsewhere.  no witness to the birth.  people who have claimed he was born in  Kenya.  a president who will not do what needs to be done to clear up the questions.

the above link is getting harder and harder to find.  screen shot it if you want to keep it.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2011, 06:27:53 PM »

My grandparents didn't have a birth certificate.   Got lost when the court house burned down back in the day.

At least they have an excuse......  Wink

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
BeesNeeds
New Bee

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2011, 11:18:09 AM »

lol, I sort of can't blame Obama for stepping back on religion... Anyone remember how much the American public looked questioningly at him for the actions of his old pastor back in Chicago?
No matter if one likes him or not... his personal life has been scrutinized and shredded since taking office. Shoot, on another forum there was a pic of him holding his hand up in the I love you sign and that automatically made him a satanist.
If the guy sent his jewelry in for repair, it probably has little to do with his religion.. really has nothing to do with his politics, which is what we should be concerned with as that's his job. Let Michelle worry about if he's wearing his wedding ring or not.

- bee -
Cascadebee
House Bee

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2011, 01:20:09 PM »

Wow, you people that are still clinging to the birther conspiracy theories really need to clear the wool out of your eyes.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/birthcertificate.asp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama_citizenship_conspiracy_theories

It is settled. You're wrong.

Now move on!

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2011, 01:53:59 PM »

there is a difference between being a "birther" and thinking that it's a bit strange that he has not done the one thing that would put this to rest.

if you read the docs i posted, you can see that, in spite of your lovely references, the question is not settled.

i can only speak for myself.  i think Hillary, who brought up the questions in the first place, would have turned over every stone to prove that he was born elsewhere.  i suspect that he was, indeed, born in Hawaii.  however, the question remains because he will not release the one doc that would prove it.  in addition, we have family members who say he was born in Kenya. 

since we have unanswered questions, and since the man is employed by us, we have the right to get answers to those questions.  it is not a small matter.  it is a constitutional requirement.

Alexis de Tocqueville
deknow
Field Bee

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2011, 02:10:23 PM »

kathy,
i think your last post is 100% on point....it is beyond baffling why a single document that supposedly exists can't be released by obama himself.

wrt this thread (and others like it), what a shame that accusations full of absolute lies and misinformation get passed on.  i am very critical of obama and the policies he is supporting...but there is no way that i can support or identify with other critics when they are so eager to spread "negative" information that they can't be bothered to look up when ramadan is, or if the president has attended church recently.

deknow
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next