Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 30, 2014, 05:33:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: oregon beek  (Read 757 times)
Autodidact
New Bee

« on: January 15, 2011, 05:30:13 PM »

Howdy from Oregon, Ive been a hobbyist for 10 yrs. 7 of those were in Montana, and 3 here in the Willamette. it has been a wonderful lesson in zonal beekeeping. I'm thankful to have found this forum, this is a great learning tool.

......You get more honey with bees
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 06:53:53 PM »

welcome.  there are a bunch of us from the PNW on here.  several from Oregon.  what part of that valley are you in?

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Dexterjc
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 01:46:09 AM »

Welcome. I am one of those from Oregon! I hope you find this place as informative as I did.
Autodidact
New Bee

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 12:47:34 PM »

i have my apiaries spread out from eugene to corvallis, id like to get some up in the cascades for that mountain wildflower. the river area around you kathyp looks like a wonderful location.

......You get more honey with bees
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 02:14:15 PM »

not bad.  mostly berries, wild and cultivated.  a little higher up and you get more of the fireweed. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
SerenityApiaries
House Bee

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 03:36:50 AM »

Good to see others in the Vally. I know of several in the Yamhill County area. Guess Wine Country can also be Bee country too.

Khalen

Check out West Coast Beekeepers on FB. A great place for Beekeepers along the west coast of America. All are welcome.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/westcoastbeekeepers
specialkayme
Field Bee

Location: Central NC - (somewhere either in Raleigh, Greensboro, or inbetween)

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2012, 08:43:24 PM »

Welcome to the site!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next