Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 22, 2014, 12:41:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rayjet lazer engraver  (Read 1358 times)
slacker361
Field Bee

« on: January 13, 2011, 07:29:38 PM »

Have you guys seen this lazer engraver. I was looking at it and thought wow that is cool and  would be a cool thing to do for some spare cash. I saw another one ( different brand that was like $1,800 so i thought this might be around the same maybe a little more.

they want $9,000 freaking dollars and that isnt even unlimited use, that is for only 10 hours of lazer engraving. Then you have to pay more for more usage. That would be like buying a computer, using it for ten hours then have to buy more time on the computer you already own.   am I crazy or do you see a problem with this also?  If it was 3 grand I still might get it but 9 grand YIKES
Rayjet lazer engraver

AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 07:34:08 PM »

Side work for spare cash?  Work a day or 2 a month and not worry about anything else with lazer engraving.
hardwood
Galactic Bee

Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 07:44:17 PM »

That thing's pretty cool alright. I wonder if you could use it to brand bees? That alone would be worth it! I spend a small fortune knitting all of those monogrammed sweaters!

Scott

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 07:53:21 PM »

You could use the engraver to brand your hives and frames.
slacker361
Field Bee

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 08:12:24 PM »

It is extremely cool dont get me wrong, and it would be cool to lazer engrave your honey jars ( hmmmmm) no labels? but 9 grand and you dont have the full use of the machine is what bothers me.  oh well time will bring the price down, although all the young kids would pay to have their laptop lids engraved
Dave360
House Bee

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 10:04:03 PM »

nine grand to engrave an ipod i'm there

Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next