Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 22, 2014, 05:03:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 5 Inches of Snow  (Read 2311 times)
Little John_NC
House Bee

« on: January 10, 2011, 01:23:36 PM »

and still coming down !!  Hey Iddee how deep the snow up your way? I need to go to work so I can pay taxes .... rolleyes
How you yanks keep your doors on your truck from freezing shut ?

Little John

"The flags of the Confederate States of America were very important and a matter of great pride to those citizens living in the Confederacy. They are also a matter of great pride for their descendants as part of their heritage and history."
Winston Churchill

Quote from chronicle of  Marcus Lucanus of the Roman civil war: Caesar said :
"Here I abandoned peace and desecrated law; fortune it is you I follow. Farewell to treaties. From now on war is our judge!
Caesar men cheered :
" Hail Caesar! We who are about to die salute you!
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 01:34:39 PM »

This morning.
Little John_NC
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 01:50:26 PM »

Little John

"The flags of the Confederate States of America were very important and a matter of great pride to those citizens living in the Confederacy. They are also a matter of great pride for their descendants as part of their heritage and history."
Winston Churchill

"Here I abandoned peace and desecrated law; fortune it is you I follow. Farewell to treaties. From now on war is our judge!
Caesar men cheered :
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 02:07:29 PM »

helmets!!!!!!!!

you all are getting more snow tham we are  grin

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 02:10:12 PM »

1/4 inch this morning. All gone now. We sent it south.  evil  afro  grin grin

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 02:21:12 PM »

helmets!!!!!!!!

you all are getting more snow tham we are  grin

We don't need no stinkin helmets evil evil

Keith
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 02:31:23 PM »

I don't have a pic of my helmet, but you will have to trust me, it is still crusted over with mud from bogging Saturday. 
danno
Super Bee

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2011, 03:06:36 PM »

Friday night the lake effect hit us good with 18 inch overnight  That was on top of the foot that was already there.   The double deeps on 12inch stands in my back field had only 1/2 of a deep and lid showing.   
Little John_NC
House Bee

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2011, 03:10:15 PM »

Think I get up earlier than usual to watch all the slipping an sliding before going to work .
This should be fun.. grin

Little John

Winston Churchill

Caesar men cheered :
Little John_NC
House Bee

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2011, 03:13:00 PM »

Danno all I can say is you got some tough bees to stand all that cold.... Smiley

Little John

Winston Churchill

Caesar men cheered :
danno
Super Bee

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2011, 03:37:01 PM »

Danno all I can say is you got some tough bees to stand all that cold.... Smiley
I've lived in Michigan for 23 years now but grew up and lived  in Wisconsin for 25 years.  There bee's and the beeks that keep them are alot tougher than us on this side of the lake.  They drive motor homes out on the ice for a days fishing
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2011, 05:32:38 PM »

Freezing rain been coming down now since morning covering the snow with 1/4 of ice.   If it keeps up, we might loose power tonight as trees come down. 
Little John_NC
House Bee

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2011, 05:47:26 PM »

We just started getting ice here or freezing rain. Transformer in the front yard got some ice hanging off the bottom. Glad I heat with gas.
hope the power stays on for yall.

Little John

Winston Churchill

Caesar men cheered :
VolunteerK9
Super Bee

Gamecock fan in UT land.

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2011, 09:10:51 PM »

We wound up with 9 by this morning
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2011, 09:12:52 AM »

Can you believe the weather man this morning.  Today it will get up to 34 then it stays below freezing the rest of the week with more ice/snow tomorrow.   All the roads are closed here now.   I wish you yankees would keep your cold up there.   Where's the global warming?   1 inch of ice on I - 285?   I feel sorry for all the truckers stuck on the interstates this morning.
ziffabeek
House Bee

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2011, 11:33:51 AM »

I feel sorry for my bees!!  The bottom entrance is covered with snow!! I don't know if I should clear it or leave it as insulation.  I doubt they'll be flying anytime soon.  They have an entrance at the top as well.

I know they had plenty of stores going in, but I am really worried about the size of the cluster with all of this cold.  I know there is nothing to do but wait and see, but gah that is soo frustrating and sad!  I wish I could bring them in and put my arms around them to keep them warm!

here's hoping for an early spring and some warm days soon!

love,
ziffa
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2011, 11:52:03 AM »

if they have an upper, i would not clear the lower.  the heat will just suck out. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
ziffabeek
House Bee

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2011, 12:04:11 PM »

Thanks Kathy, that was what I was thinking, but it's nice to get confirmation from you! 
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2011, 01:22:11 PM »

Yep, Kathy knows her stuff. Leave it closed.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2011, 10:57:33 PM »

Here is a video of a guy ice skating down Peachtree Street in Atlanta from the "ice over the snow storm".  
Peachtree St. Ice Rink in Midtown

Just something you don't see down here.   (someone who owns ice skates  grin)

Ice Skating on the streets of Atlanta - January 11, 2011

Found more.   Maybe they found a sale on skates?
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next