Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 19, 2014, 03:36:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AU flooding  (Read 827 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« on: January 12, 2011, 10:06:35 PM »

there is an AU site for donations, but it is put up by the Queensland government.  not being a huge govt fan and risking the wrath of iddee, i thought i'd share the RC address in case anyone here wants to pitch a bit in.

http://www.redcross.org.au/default.asp

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
hardwood
Galactic Bee

Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 10:23:24 PM »

Just send the cash to Geoff. He can distribute what he doesn't spend on bee boxes to the rest of the Aussies grin

Saw some terrible footage of the flooding today. My heart and prayers go out to ya'll down there!

Scott

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
Geoff
Field Bee

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 07:03:25 AM »

Thanks for the offer hardwood but I've not long restocked. Kathy there is a lot of feelings against the governments over the flood and bushfire relief. The Federals have made an offer of something like $1,000,000 to helping out Queensland state, but when things like Sunarmis and earthquakes hit in other countries they lash out big noting themselves with multi million dollar offers.
     Even today our stupid ex-prime minister refused offers of help from other countries because he thought that their efforts would only get in the way of the Aussie volunteers when I am sure he has no idea of how big the mop up will be. Flooding is now happening in other states so the whole disaster will cover thousands of square miles.
      I have always had a negative feeling towards female politicians but the Premier of Queensland is making our ex PM look like a proper twit.

Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.
Daz the Drone
New Bee

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 09:21:03 PM »

snip *  making our ex PM look like a proper twit.

Hmmmm .... looks like a duck;  quacks like a duck ..... must be a ...

I was impressed with the way our PM sent the Army in yesterday (not) .....   just three days too late.   People are getting very hungry up there and what does our Gov't supply??  That's right, one whole pallet of food, to be followed by 17 today.     Their response is just so underwhelming, I really don't know $^* they are thinking.    And to top it off.... Brisbane Council have suspended all services till monday .... just three xtra days to breed more disease.   They obviously have an issue with overtime!   Sorry for the rant, but I'm really getting depressed with the direction Australia is headed.

God bless all the flood victims.

Cheers, Daryl.

Honey, is good for diabetes, yes??? Cheesy
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 09:59:55 PM »

'k i'm confused.  what does your ex PM have to do with the govt response to this flooding?  guess i'm not up on your politics smiley

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Daz the Drone
New Bee

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 10:53:46 PM »

'k i'm confused.  what does your ex PM have to do with the govt response to this flooding?  guess i'm not up on your politics smiley

He (Kevin Rudd) is the current Minister for Foriegn Affairs and also has his electorate in the southern suburbs of Brisbane.    Unfortunately, (or maybe fortunately), I didn't get to see his talk on his justification to refuse aid.

Cheers, Daryl.

Honey, is good for diabetes, yes??? Cheesy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next