Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 20, 2014, 04:31:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marcus Tullius Cicero said this about Economics  (Read 1652 times)
Little John_NC
House Bee

« on: January 11, 2011, 07:32:27 AM »

maybe in Washington when they finish reading the Constitution they can read a little history. This was said in 55 BC !!!

The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced. If the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt, people must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. – Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC

Little John

"The flags of the Confederate States of America were very important and a matter of great pride to those citizens living in the Confederacy. They are also a matter of great pride for their descendants as part of their heritage and history."
Winston Churchill

Quote from chronicle of  Marcus Lucanus of the Roman civil war: Caesar said :
"Here I abandoned peace and desecrated law; fortune it is you I follow. Farewell to treaties. From now on war is our judge!
Caesar men cheered :
" Hail Caesar! We who are about to die salute you!
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 09:15:30 AM »

I agree.    Look at every nation that failed (not conquered).  The question is just how much is too much debt for our nation before we break.
indypartridge
Queen Bee

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 11:32:39 AM »

It's a manufactured quote.

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/c/cicero-plan.htm
Little John_NC
House Bee

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 07:25:36 PM »

My bad seems most readers of Circero disagree and say he never said it. Some say he said this but other disagree with this.
   "The arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and assistance to foreign hands should be curtailed, lest Rome fall."

Sounded good anyway.

Little John

"The flags of the Confederate States of America were very important and a matter of great pride to those citizens living in the Confederacy. They are also a matter of great pride for their descendants as part of their heritage and history."
Winston Churchill

"Here I abandoned peace and desecrated law; fortune it is you I follow. Farewell to treaties. From now on war is our judge!
Caesar men cheered :
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 07:50:44 PM »

I really think a lot of Congress has no idea what is in the Constitution.I think it is a good idea that any spending bill brought to the House of representatives(which by the Constitution is where all spending law originates) should be demonstrated wheer it is Constiturtionally acceptable to spend this money.
 i think the concept of the phrase you posted is good,no matter where it came from.
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 08:57:11 PM »

They know what the constitution says, I saw them read it on Cspan.  pop

I don't know if they understand what it means  I dunno

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2011, 09:20:14 PM »

I think most here in America don't understand.    And with congress, the supreme court keeps them in check.

I still think congress should pass a test before they get to vote on anything.   One question on the test, balance a check book.
Little John_NC
House Bee

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2011, 10:08:45 PM »

I purpose a CSA Amendment to the US Constitution ..... Every law, or resolution having the force of law, shall relate to but one subject, and that shall be expressed in the title.

This would prevent what we see today, where endless riders or ear marks are attached to bills that can allow Congress to pass all sorts of extraordinarily complicated laws that regulate about 50 different topics at once.

Little John

Winston Churchill

Caesar men cheered :
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next