Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 01, 2014, 07:35:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So... the State of the Union is "STRONG" huh Mr. President?  (Read 1254 times)
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« on: January 26, 2011, 03:18:01 PM »

I've seen a ton of State of the Union Adresses over the years, I even remember when it was STANDARD to "Start out with the "State we are in, as "Mr. Speaker, I stand under these honored halls to say the State of our Union is RECOVERING" is what I had hoped he'd say. I might call it recovering, although I don't see it better unless you count the people spent everything to survive, paid off all their credit cards and now using credit cards to pay bills, giving a false confindense in the idea, maybe people are really explained through consumer confidence. Well, let's hope. But Strong, unless you count the Defense which is second to none, but he mentioned cutting Defense Spend and that's me.

I see tough times ahead for the Federal Employee, my kind is likely the last generation because everything in the government will be contracted in less than 10 years. That creates a window that I hope many of my kind weather downsizing or reassignment.

I have to go until March 2029 to retire - cross your fingers for us. I'm proud to do what I do and proud of who I do it for. I still wish he'd had called it "recovering" Strong was not a good word.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 03:40:14 PM »

i think they can make massive cuts in bureaucracy before they start cutting those who are actually producing something.  the defense dept has it's share of dead wood also.  they have turned so much over to civilian and they don't get their moneys worth out of a lot of them.  it was supposed to free up military personnel from things like paperwork, but it's been a royal CF because the civilians just don't care. 

i would guess that your job is pretty safe.  it has to be done and i don't see the military going back to turning out a lot of BT's, do you?

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 03:44:19 PM »

But the question is, can we go back to the spending levels of 10 years ago?  Can they cut that much?
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 04:19:12 PM »

Our work is very unique although most my coworkers were BTs they surely specialize now. I'm waiting on a positional upgrade here soon to lead operator on watch - sweet chunk of change, but I have some competition in the work place for it, but another chance within a year as another operator retires out. One of the two I'll likely get.

I'm just hoping for depletion through attrition to let us all go easily, the average age of a Federal Employee must be 50 and older. At Least the old hags we get  tongue

Back to Obama, he sure can read a teleprompter, but he flubbed 75% of his jokes. He is a puppet and hopefully a one termer. I hear the Repubs are grooming someone that they are going to back, I'm sure one of you know his name.

Anyone else would be (as he put it) a Change!

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 04:28:38 PM »

Tell us his name. 
hardwood
Galactic Bee

Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 05:08:26 PM »

It should be Kathyp for prez! She can at least take the heat grin

Scott

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 05:22:56 PM »

not i!  i don't like public speaking  evil  .

i hope they don't settle on anyone for awhile.  there are any number of good possibilities, but it's way to early to throw someone out to the wolves.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
G3farms
Queen Bee

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2011, 07:30:25 PM »

I know of several they could thow out to the wolves, don't know if the wolves would eat them or not since they like meat not chicken sh............well you know what I mean

see my swarms and cut outs at https://www.youtube.com/user/soapy22bullet?feature=mhee

those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your @ss is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!
tim adams
New Bee

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2011, 08:26:37 PM »

I still want the bumper sticker I saw.

Politicians should serve 2 terms
1 in office and 1 in JAIL!

Tim

Shep1478
House Bee

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2011, 07:32:31 AM »

I still want the bumper sticker I saw.

Politicians should serve 2 terms