Was out to take an exterior look at my hives. My one hive's entrance was clogged and the mouse guard was out of position so I took a stick to it to clean it out. Bunches of chewed up bees, chewed up comb, and bits of grass. I assume I have a mouse in there. No way I can open the hive - it is 9 degrees today. The bees are still alive in there, I heard them humming when I was raking out debris. So, now what? Can I put a packet of mouse poison in the bottom of the hive and hope the bees don't bother it?
I hate to put poison in there, but do I have another option other than letting the mouse run rampant in there?