"Boiled linseed oil" is no longer boiled, it has metal salts (japan drier) added to it to act as drying agents and get it to oxidize in a few days...most of these are TOXIC.
raw linseed is non toxic but takes a long time to oxidize/dry.
Admittedly, I haven’t used boiled linseed oil for quite some time, probably back in the 70’s. I used it for wooden ladders and it did get hard after just brushing on two or three coats. Yes, it did take longer than paint to cure but it did get hard.
Anyways, I am in the final stages of building 6 mediums using scrap wood I found on CraigsList. It was ¾ tongue and groove pine paneling and ¼ pine plywood. I laminated the ¾ to ¼ so the stock width is now 1 inch. I made 1 1/8 corner blocks for purely butt joints to be screwed with deck screws. When I get finished I will offer up a photo so you guys can blasticate me.