Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 16, 2014, 12:24:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I will not need firemen in the future.....  (Read 6206 times)
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2011, 06:40:28 PM »

The biggest problem is those people in the little cars that do not realize what it takes to stop one of those big rigs, and they hop right in front of the trucker and slams on the brakes to turn a corner.

So in your past carrear that only happened with little cars?  Never did it happen with a big SUV, or Hummer driven by a little blond that could barely see over the steering wheel? 

As a matter of fact I can't recall ever being cut off by drivers of bigger vehicles. Perhaps they are more aware of the stopping abilities of larger vehicles. I guess you have never seen a small car plaster itself onto another vehicle large or small.

People need to drive when they get behind the wheel. Not socialize, or talk on the phone, or text, or read a book. They need pay attention to the road and drive. That alone would safe countless lives per year.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2011, 06:45:14 PM »

there is a difference between those who can't care for themselves, and everyone else.  those who truly can't care for themselves must be cared for.  everyone else, should take care of themselves.

you have things backward.  the government does not need to regulate because people won't exercise personal responsibility.  people stop exercising personal responsibility when they become dependent on the government.

you need only look at Europe for good examples.  thousands died in a heat wave a few years ago.  when people were interviewed about it later they wondered where the government was that so many would be left to die.  it never occurred to folks to check on neighbors, relatives, etc.  it's the governments job.  in england a couple of years ago, people sat on their roofs in a flood and cried that the government had let them down by not keeping the flooding from happening and for not getting them off the roof.

look at any disaster in this country where the majority of the population is government dependent.  they will sit and die before doing anything for themselves because "it's the governments job".  an equal or greater disaster in another area were people are used to taking care of themselves will be met with action by the community, not only to mitigate the effects of the disaster, but to take care of each other.

government destroys personal responsibility, community, and innovation.  

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2011, 07:03:42 PM »

I have noticed many times during hurricanes the people will sit around and wait for some government official to tell them to evacuate. The problem there is that the government will not issue a warning until it absolutely knows the bad weather is going to hit. Then it is too late. Transportation avenues get jammed up and it gets to be a big mess.

If I were in a hurricane area I would leave very early on to avoid the rush and talk everyone I know into leaving early also.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2011, 07:25:27 PM »

acebird, may i ask where you think intervention by the government should stop?  is there anything that it  should not regulate or tax...for our own good?

When people are as concern as much for other people as they are for themselves.  When do you think that will happen?

Ain't ever gonna happen and if you think government cares more for our well being than we actually do, you are sadly mistaken.

We are inherently selfish and will always want what is best for ourselves first, nothing wrong with that.

You want to blame something, blame the judicial system.

I am a firm believer in the "pop a cap" philosophy.

I will welcome you with open arms and treat you with utmost respect until you screw me over. I may forgive you a few times for small offenses but physically harm or steal from me and you ain't worth crapola in my book.

See you, bye bye.

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
hardwood
Galactic Bee

Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude

« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2011, 08:48:13 PM »

Look at some of the differences between the people of New Orleans and the more rural surrounding areas. There are those that chose to stay in the city and are still looking for hand outs from the government and there are those who knuckled down and helped each other to rebuild.

Scott

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
Acebird
Field Bee

Just getting started

« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2011, 09:44:22 AM »

there is a difference between those who can't care for themselves, and everyone else.  those who truly can't care for themselves must be cared for.  everyone else, should take care of themselves.

I thought it would never happen.  We agree 100% on this one Kathy.  Now the only question is where do you draw the line between the needy and the greedy.  Those that don’t have health care want it and those that do have health care don’t want it.  That is why the country is split darn near 50/50.  Eliminate the health care to those that have it.  Remove it from an employment benefit.  Eliminate it from all government positions, unions, and any other self oriented body and then everyone gets it on their own like you would any insurance.  Now for those few that can’t afford it based on income the government needs to provide basic health care.  That is what being civilized is all about.

Once the population is on it’s own you still need the government to regulate the insurance companies because when the little guy gets sick the insurance company drops them from coverage right when they need it the most.  Most people go through life fat dumb and happy because they think they are covered.  It is not until they suffer a serious illness and your insurance gets canceled before they think about health care as an issue.

You either are civilized or you are not.  If you are civilized you need a government.

Never thought I would do it!
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2011, 02:41:26 PM »

Go to the county emergency room with a health problem and no money or insurance and they can not refuse you. So see we already have government care.

Jerry

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2011, 03:02:45 PM »

states already have programs to cover people who do not have and can not afford insurance.  this is the right of the state.  it is not the right, or the duty, of the feds.  i agree that we need limited government. how much government the states provide is up to the states and the people of the states.  how much government the feds provide is already detailed in that pesky document that is largely ignored....the constitution.

do they not teach the difference between state and federal government in school anymore?  seems that there are tons of people who don't know the difference.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Acebird
Field Bee

Just getting started

« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2011, 04:38:28 PM »

Go to the county emergency room with a health problem and no money or insurance and they can not refuse you.

Define "no money".  Think real hard on this one because they will define it for you.  You have no insurance because your job went to China.  When you get to the point that you "have no money" let us know how well they treat you in the county emergency room.  Give us a rundown on what the "no money" and "no insurance" options are for you.  Then speak your peace about health care.  I'll bet you change your opinion.

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2011, 05:13:44 PM »

now you are changing the issue.  i thought the issue was care.  an ER can not refuse to care for you no matter you income or insurance status.  it doesn't even have to be a county hospital.  any ER you walk into will have to see you and at least make sure you are stable before transfer.  there are free and reduced price clinics in most cities.  most states have some kind of health care plan for those who are poor.

they may not be what you want and they are rationed care, but the plans are there.

Alexis de Tocqueville
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2011, 05:16:53 PM »

All I can say,if your job goes to China ,find something else to do. Don't stand around waiting for it to return. I see so many that think that it is beneath them to start a new career at a lower pay rate than now.
  Americas jobs have always been changing. This is nothing new. Do you think when steel and rubber wheels came out the wheelwrights who made them for buggies waited for the return of their occupation. How about barrel coopers when metal kegs came about. What about the steam engine maintainers?I do not think America stopped when diesels took over for steam.
America has always been changing and hopefully always will.People that are reluctant to change are the ones left behind.
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2011, 05:29:54 PM »

I don't need government or money. I've got the best doctor and healthcare in the world...

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2011, 05:54:18 PM »

Scary huh?

Acebird
Field Bee

Just getting started

« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2011, 06:13:21 PM »

I see so many that think that it is beneath them to start a new career at a lower pay rate than now.

A new career in what, stocking shelves at Walmart?  What do you suggest for the kids that did graduate from colledge now 80 to 150 thousand in debt in student loans?  Should they stock shelves at Walmart too?  Maybe they should raise bees, I heard that's a thriving business. rolleyes

iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2011, 06:23:42 PM »

They can do like many others have done. File for bankruptcy and start over, owing nothing and drinking beer with their whole paycheck.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2011, 06:26:02 PM »

You don't need to go into debt for college.   I paid (worked) as I went for my degree.   My wife now has 3 degrees (nerd).   But working beneath you is possible.  I am working construction even though I have a BA in anthropology (ya, you figure that one out).  Make as much money and work as much as the family will let me.  I know a whole lot of boys that are just too good to work a shovel or step in some mud or get cold.  Let them sit at home and look at their degrees.   I will not hire a person unless they are willing to work as hard as I.  
Acebird
Field Bee

Just getting started

« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2011, 06:35:20 PM »

Tonights world news ... 4 to 5 years to bring jobs back to normal.  I guess there is going to be more standing around.

iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2011, 06:43:00 PM »

And then there will be more excuses for those like Allen spoke of. Too sorry to get out and get it.

I've never been without work for any length of time, never wanted for much I didn't have.

They didn't give many degrees in the eighth grade, and I never made it through the ninth, so my education didn't put me in debt.

*Shel Silverstein*
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2011, 06:45:34 PM »

a new career in what, stocking shelves at Walmart?  What do you suggest for the kids that did graduate from colledge now 80 to 150 thousand in debt in student loans?  Should they stock shelves at Walmart too?  Maybe they should raise bees, I heard that's a thriving business

yes, if that's what it takes.  one job at walmart and another at mickyd's.  or stand around with our hand out and wishing things were better.  why should those of us who work pay for that?

Alexis de Tocqueville
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #59 on: January 07, 2011, 08:22:25 PM »

So you really think those working at wal-mart should pay taxes to support unemployed college graduates that are to good to do the same work?

All I can say is....   WOW

*Shel Silverstein*
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next