Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 29, 2014, 10:21:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I will not need firemen in the future.....  (Read 5982 times)
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« on: December 15, 2010, 06:04:55 PM »

Seems the latest thing going round is the new requirement of all new home construction having fire sprinkler systems.

I read that a bunch of firemen had testified about how this will save lives and they are for it. Good mister "Let me make demands on others" firemen. Next time you call for a donation, let me just warn you now of my four letter filled rant you will get.

Single home dwellings do not kill people. At least not that often. But to now require every new home (and possible every older home that ever wants a building permit for improvements) to add this cost for what? We already require hard wired smoke alarms with battery backup. That saves lives. Having your house hosed down after you get out, is senseless if this was about saving lives.

So the insurance company will pay for water damaged contents every fire, whether small or large. Wait till they start jacking up premiums once this all starts happening.

Who backed this crap? Plumbing unions, who wanted the additional work and only certification to install the things? Oh how nice that they will need to be inspected and serviced every so often. KA_CHING goes the cash register.

I'm sure we will need a township inspector to do this sole job. Like the sewer enforcement guy, zoning officer, etc. Expanded government......like we need more of that.

Just another example of one small "do-good" item that some politician thought was going to be a good thing. But the overall expense will be lasting, continual, and ever higher.

Big insurance companies will add to their portfolio of insurance offerings, and premiums will go up. Plumbers see a big boost in business. Inspectors will be added. And firemen and their union representatives who testified for this stuff to happen....you can stay home and stick it.

Everyone seems bent on saving others for one reason or another, as long as they are the ones benefitting. And so it continues......  tongue

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com
Eric-WD
New Bee

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 06:09:30 PM »

the frozen pipes from snow birds will keep the plumbers going for months

Eric
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 06:10:35 PM »

Sorry about this. I was reading the "illegal gardening" thread and thought I was in coffee house. This should be in coffee house.   grin

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 06:56:19 PM »

But the cardboard houses under the bridges will be exempt. They may also increase with this demand.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 08:29:33 PM »

All new cars are going to be required to have rear cameras for backing up.  Great for my company because we make lenses and plastic parts for one of the companies that makes innovative rear cameras.

Stupid for the nation.

Hope and change.  yay.

Rick
don2
Doak
House Bee

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2010, 09:34:28 PM »

Things like this post and the Illegal gardening post make me feel sorry for the younger generation.
I wish I could live just 50 more years to see how things will be. This cannot be because I would be 119 years old. Most likely it would be illegal to live to be over 100 years by then.Cry Cry Cry Cry Wink Smiley rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes shocked shocked shocked huh huh huh huh Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad :(don2

hardwood
Galactic Bee

Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2010, 09:42:46 PM »

Logan's run huh?

Scott

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2010, 09:43:31 PM »

Soylent Green.
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2010, 01:56:17 PM »

There was a house here caught fire and burned for 6 or 7 hours.  shocked That is what they said on the news. It was out in the country side somewhere.

It was still being built and no one lived in it yet, but they made a point that there had not been smoke detectors installed yet, Like that would have changed the out come of the whole thing?

I really wonder about these rear view cameras, blind spot sensors, cars that parallel park themselves. Who is held responsible for the accident caused when the system fails?

And by the way, the sprinkler systems don't work the way they show on TV/movies. The only sprinklers that go off are the ones in the area of the fire. A fire in one room will not cause all the sprinklers to go off. They will not go off because the fire alarm is pulled.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
G3farms
Queen Bee

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2010, 02:31:40 PM »

I'm just watching and listening to this one.   grin

see my swarms and cut outs at https://www.youtube.com/user/soapy22bullet?feature=mhee

those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your @ss is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2010, 03:23:56 PM »

I really wonder about these rear view cameras, blind spot sensors, cars that parallel park themselves. Who is held responsible for the accident caused when the system fails?

My cousin told me about how his father-in-law still managed to back into a pole even with the rear alarm sensor...apparently he hit the pole right in the middle, didn't trigger the sensor.  Probably didn't bother to look because he didn't need to because his alarm would tell him when something was there.

An ounce of common sense will make a whole host of fail-safes irrelevant.

Rick
fish_stix
House Bee

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2010, 09:13:19 PM »

First of all, plumbers do not install sprinkler systems unless certified to install them. Nope! It takes a certified sprinkler company to do this and they charge much more than a plumber would! Also you need a separate water supply line to run the sprinklers, in case the plumbing gets damaged in the fire. Firefighters have been trying for a long time to get this ridiculous code written in. I'm a general contractor and have had folks ask about a system in their new home. When I get them an estimate they usually decide to forego it. For a medium size house it will add from $7-10000 to the cost. Don't even think about the cost of a retrofit to an existing house! But this will be next if they get their foot in the door now. As stated above the system only works in a room with a fire as there is a heat sensitive element that melts and releases the flow of water. Do you want to wait until your kids room is enveloped in flames before something happens? Not me! Smoke alarms work!
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2010, 10:30:03 PM »

Sprinkler heads installed in a garage (no fire rated sheet rock) is installed by the plumber and on the domestic water line in a dwelling. 
indypartridge
Queen Bee

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2010, 06:54:17 AM »

I'm guessing this won't pass code as a fire alarm...

T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2010, 07:58:04 AM »

Now that's funny grin

"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."
Vibe
House Bee

« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2010, 04:50:43 PM »

Probably not, though you might be surprised at how many older generation folks I know that have 500 count packs of firecrackers up in their cupboards for that purpose.

The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject.
- Marcus Aurelius -
G3farms
Queen Bee

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2010, 05:46:20 PM »

fish-stix...............all of what you said is not actually true, pex pipe has now been approved for sprinklers in residential housing for use in wet pipe systems. The system is a combined type system with everything on a circulating loop so that there is not any dead end lines. Uponor is really pushing this and will even do the design work for the plumbers.

see my swarms and cut outs at https://www.youtube.com/user/soapy22bullet?feature=mhee

those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your @ss is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2010, 07:37:15 PM »

All new cars are going to be required to have rear cameras for backing up.  Great for my company because we make lenses and plastic parts for one of the companies that makes innovative rear cameras.

Stupid for the nation.

Hope and change.  yay.

Rear view camera, just something else to distract a driver.  In Japan it is required that every vehicle have an audible backup alarm.  When an alarm sounds every pedestrian in the parking lot knows a car is backing up--it puts the pedestrians on alert (rightly) and makes the pedestrian just as responsible for being backed into as the driver of the vehicle.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2010, 10:18:22 PM »

I'm guessing this won't pass code as a fire alarm...

I like that.   Might have to hang one just for the holidays.   grin
Acebird
Field Bee

Just getting started

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2010, 08:23:31 PM »

I have a 95db alarm plus a revolving light on my plow truck and I still have to watch out for the idiots that drive right straight at me when I am backing up even though they have 20 ft on either side of me in a parking light.  Stupidity is a diploma they hand out quite regularly these days.

Edited for language:buzzbee
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 11:17:25 PM by buzzbee » Logged

Never thought I would do it!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next