Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 21, 2014, 04:22:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'M 65 & I'M TIRED  (Read 3556 times)
fish_stix
House Bee

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2010, 10:16:26 PM »

T Beek; thank you for your service to our country. I'm a Vietnam vet myself and since you know more than me about the insidious multinationals, how about explaining who they were and what did they have to gain? After all, Vietnam has no large industry or agriculture products, no oil, no raw materials unless you count all the expended brass munitions and bomb fragments. I hear they do make and export a mean bicycle though, and some of that wonderful nuoc mam fish sauce. Huge worldwide market there, right? Enough to make any self respecting multinational just slobber all over them selves with greedy anticipation. If that was the war you're so disillusioned over please give us the particulars. Who made the money and how?
Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2010, 10:26:18 PM »

T Beek; thank you for your service to our country. I'm a Vietnam vet myself and since you know more than me about the insidious multinationals, how about explaining who they were and what did they have to gain? After all, Vietnam has no large industry or agriculture products, no oil, no raw materials unless you count all the expended brass munitions and bomb fragments. I hear they do make and export a mean bicycle though, and some of that wonderful nuoc mam fish sauce. Huge worldwide market there, right? Enough to make any self respecting multinational just slobber all over them selves with greedy anticipation. If that was the war you're so disillusioned over please give us the particulars. Who made the money and how?
Or bosnia - still trying to figure out what they had there worth half a spit.
I agree with the first post, and there are people who characterize it as  intolerance, but it's kind of sickening that this country has a pretty decent safety net for people who need it, and that definitely needs to be less receptive to fraud and much more receptive to people who really need it. But then there are generations of people who abuse the system at every opportunity; all the while deriding people who earn the goodies they're scamming. And then our brainwashed religious tolerance for Islam which all the hard evidence that is not pithy lip service  says that our tolerance only goes one way. "gimme gimme gimme"

be happy and make others happy.
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2010, 09:24:03 AM »

fish_stix...finally getting an understanding of your position.  Welcome home to you.  I served w/ the 101st out of Phu bi 71-72 and spent too much time gaurding a tarmac and flying shadow in Santiago, Chile in 73 while "our Government" was buzy installing Pinochi as "our" personal Dictator in the Southern hemisphere. 

Its not my job to educate you on the war you were involved in.  That's your job.  Get to it man.  However, I do have a rather extensive librairy on the subject and as a fellow veteran your welcome any time you might travel to Northern Wisconsin.  You seem pretty savy on the computer though so I feel you may already know much of it, but like many vets, may have dificulty obsorbing/admitting some of the truths behind "ALL" wars.  One being; a few people make ALOT of money. 

I joined Vietnam Veterans Against the War while still in country and have been a voice against such actions wherever/whenever we decide to occupy some other Country while assisting vets of all eras who have difficulty getting some justice or their promised/entitled benefits ever since.

Besides making a living/homesteading and raising 3 wonderful, responsible, engaged with the world, sons. 

That's what I've been "doing" for most of my life.  How bout you?  Who said; Get buzy living or get buzy dieing?"

As the tone on this thread deteriorates into illogical, non-debatable and obvious judgemental non-thought, I must bid you all a due, I've got Congressmen/women to bother, but it was fun rolleyes

thomas

"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2010, 10:04:37 AM »

Well, just so you know, I was with the ist Calvary in An-khe, 1966-67.
Got there on a 1049 from Germany. "request for transfer". Yes, I asked to go.
As for who got rich, when the nam war started, unemployment was above 10%. Average wage was around a dollar an hour. When it ended, unemployment was below what they called "the unemployable" rate. Less than 3%. Average wage around 3.00 an hour.

Yes, it was an economics war, but it wasn't for the high and mighty only. The working masses also gained substantially. Maybe you should study the war a bit, rather than rely on your liberal group's rhetoric.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2010, 10:11:47 AM »

As the tone on this thread deteriorates into illogical, non-debatable and obvious judgemental non-thought....

You sling it very well.  grin

I think you need to add "denigrate" also to your list.
I'm sure you know what I mean.  Wink

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2010, 10:18:19 AM »

thanks for proving/validating what I already knew when getting into this thread.  lesson learned. 

XIN LOI

thomas

"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2010, 10:25:02 AM »

lesson learned. 
thomas

I highly doubt it.
At least not the lesson you should learn...  Wink

Take care.

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2010, 10:25:27 AM »

I think what we have proved/validated is, if you show a liberal the truth, they turn and run like their pants are on fire. They want none of it.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
skatesailor
House Bee

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2010, 10:44:36 PM »

Well said. Sounds like we have a parallel life and thoughts.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next