Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 24, 2014, 08:03:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'M 65 & I'M TIRED  (Read 3519 times)
iddee
Galactic Bee

« on: December 12, 2010, 10:00:51 AM »

I'M 65 & I'M TIRED
I've worked hard since I was 13, or younger . I'm tired. Very tired.
I'm tired of being told I have to "spread the wealth' to people who don't
have my work ethic. I'm tired of being told the government will take the
money I earned by force if necessary & give it to people too lazy to earn
it.
I'm tired of being told that I have to pay more taxes to "keep people in
their homes." Sure, if they lost their jobs or got sick, I'm willing to
help. But if they bought mansions at 20 times the price of my paid off
$50,000 house, on one-third of my salary, then let the leftwing Congress
who passed Fannie & Freddie & the Community Reinvestment Act that created
the bubble help them with their own money.
I'm tired of being told how bad America is by left-wing millionaires like
Michael Moore, George Soros & Hollywood Entertainers who live in luxury
because of the opportunities America offers.
I'm tired of being told Islam is a "Religion of Peace," when every day I
read dozens of stories of Muslim men killing their sisters, wives &
daughters for their family "honor", of Muslims rioting over some slight
offense of Muslims murdering Christian & Jews because they aren't
"believers"; of Muslims burning schools for girls; of Muslims stoning
teenage rape victims to death for "adultery"; of Muslims mutilating the
genitals of little girls; all in the name of Allah, because the Koran &
Sharia law tells them to.
I'm tired of being told "race doesn't matter" when it's all that matters
in affirmative action jobs, lower college admission & graduation standards
for minorities, government contract set-asides, tolerance for the ghetto
culture of violence & fatherless children that hurts minorities more than
anyone, & in the appointment of the U.S. Senator from Illinois.
I'm tired of a liberal news media that thinks Bush's fundraising &
inaugural expenses were obscene, but think Obama's, at triple the cost,
were wonderful, that thinks Bush exercising daily was a waste of
presidential time, but Obama exercising is a great example for the public
to control weight & stress; tht picked over every line of Bush's military
records but never demanded that Kerry release his, that picked over every
line of Bush's college records but never demanded Obama release his, that
slammed Palin, with 2 years as governor, for being too inexperienced for
VP, but touted Obama with 3 years as senator as potentially the best
president ever.
I'm tired of being told that out of "tolerance for other cultures" we must
let Saudi Arabia use our oil money to fund mosques & madrassa Islamic
schools to preach hate in America, while no American group is allowed to
fund a church, synagogue or religious school in Saudi Arabia to teach love
& tolerance.
I'm tired of being told I must lower my living standard to fight global
warming, which no one is allowed to debate. My family's carbon footprint
is about 5% of Al Gore's.
I'm tired of being told that drug addicts have a disease, and I must help
support & treat them, & pay for the damage they do.
I'm tired of illegal aliens being called "undocumented workers or
immigrants," especially the ones who aren't working but are living on
welfare or crime.
I'm tired of people with a sense of entitlement.
I'm tired of people with air-conditioned homes, color TVs & cell phones
called poor. The majority of Americans didn't have that in 1970, but we
didn't know we were "poor." The poverty pimps have to keep changing the
definition of poor to keep the dollars flowing.
I'm real tired of people who don't take responsibility for their lives &
actions.
Yes, I'm darn tired. But I'm also glad to be 65. Because I'm not going to
have to see the world these people are making.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 10:14:22 AM »

Yeah, it kinda sucks when you go into so called welfare recipient's homes and they have better furniture and the biggest flat screen T.V. you've ever seen and we paid for it!

Amen to all of the above.

You're preaching to the choir brother.

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
hardwood
Galactic Bee

Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 10:17:29 AM »

I get a little irked when I'm standing in line at the grocery and the person in front of me is buying $30 rib eye steaks with food stamps and cigs and beer with cash.

Scott

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 10:31:45 AM »

Looks like the beginnings of a manuscript.  Wink

I heard last week that Ted's cabin was for sale.  grin

And you are handy with mechanical stuff and wiring..... shocked

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com
hardwood
Galactic Bee

Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2010, 10:34:48 AM »

lau

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2010, 11:08:33 AM »

the cabin is gone.  it's just the property that's for sale.  guess the put t he cabin in some museum  Sad

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2010, 01:39:03 PM »

Well said Iddee.
bulldog
House Bee

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2010, 02:58:47 PM »

well said. i couldn't agree more.

Confucius say "He who stand on toilet is high on pot"
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2010, 05:33:34 PM »

I'm  a little tired myself,and I'm nowhere near 65 yet. I can only hope my sons generation is tired before they venture through life very far.
schawee
Field Bee

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2010, 09:18:48 PM »

well said i agree 100%

BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2010, 12:42:36 PM »

Jeez, I guess I see it a little different.  I'm only a couple years younger and sure I'm tired but I'm also sad, sad I didn't do more to make this world a better place for my childrens, children, children.  And I'm disapointed in my generation that held so much promise but in the end, just sold out for the highest buck.  And I'm angry with a Country that continues to use my brothers and sisters as thugs for corporate multi-nationals. 

You see, living in America the last sixty plus years wasn't too bad for us, but its been at the expense of future generations.  They're "our" responsibility too and so is the world we leave them.  There is a direct corelation between those with the most and those with the least and somehow we've been convinced (brainwashed) to feel sorry for the well off.  The dots are there for all to see if you're really looking. 

I guess, If you've spent the last 65 years living free in America it had to be better than many other places in the world.  Your just having a bad day.  Hope it gets better.

thomas

"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."
fish_stix
House Bee

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2010, 01:07:41 PM »

TBeek; there are those who will do as God intended and take responsibility for their well being and for their offsprings well being. Then there are those who blame multi-national corporations for their own station and choices in life. Good thing it's a free country, you can be a blamer or you can be a go getter. Your choice!
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2010, 01:28:00 PM »

What I'm really tired of is that so many parents of my generation didn't take responsibility for their own children and teach them responsibility and family values and hard work and the right way that we have a sense of entitlement and that only the government can fix our sorry lives and take care of the generation that WE'RE raising.

rolleyes

Rick
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2010, 02:32:39 PM »

Blame implies intent and there was none, just a statement of fact and some "opinion".  Isn't that what being free is all about?

The original post was full of blame, was it not? 

Again fish_stix; you assume too much with your critique.  Kinda habit forming isn't it. 

I was part of a generation that went to war based on lies that only benifited multi-nationals.  I watched my brothers die believing they they were fighting for freedom.  Once back I found out the truth and refused to be used by anyone/thing/government again and have "fought against the multi-nationals, their promoters and their herd ever since."

In that time "we as a people" have learned nothing.  Those who set policy just got better at manipulating the sheep is all.

I'd love to stop being an agitator agaisnt these forces but that would mean to stop being a responsible citizen, and afterall, the lives of our sons and daughters are at stake so I will "tell my truth" to any willing to hear it.  Some listen, some chose to live in denial.  Sometimes I'd "like to say" that its why I went to war but its not really.  That had NOTHING to do with it.

This is one of those times.

thomas

iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2010, 04:40:37 PM »

Sounds to me like it hit home. I'm glad at least one of the bleeding hearts that are killing America got to read it.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2010, 06:05:38 PM »

My heart bleeds for those left behind and less fortunate, those who die in vain, past, present and future for the profit of a few.  It bleeds for those who follow instead of lead.  That's been defined as compassion, something all of humanity could use more of and shouldn't be "mistaken" as weakness. 

Only a physcopath/sociopath could/would disagree? 

Spell out the answers (w/out the talk radio/TV Head rhetoric, which does nothing but "divide us and make money" for them) clearly so we all can see the logic behind the words expressed.

Some choose another path, but it doesn't make anyone "less" American.  Such implications are sick with preconcieved notions and solve nothing.

These attacks made against other views are sad really and quite telling (cowardly, anti-American.......). 

Some of the words on this thread have been very divisive and serve no one but the masters.  IT may just be a matter of out of site, out of mind, out of touch and out of control, a common afliction these days I'm afraid.

thomas

buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2010, 07:26:53 PM »

The first post for the most part is dead on. I think the people in the United States are starting to realize that the government that is big enough to take care of you is also big enough to take all you've got. And it is almost at this point,and hopefully we are not too late too reverse it.
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2010, 07:47:38 PM »

I'm thankful I wake every morning without the baggage that some carry around their necks.  Wink

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2010, 08:50:36 PM »

>>>those left behind and less fortunate,<<<

Yeah, the crack heads and drunks. The girls that count their fatherless kids as pay increases, not children. The ones so lazy they would ask their welfare check be delivered if they could, since it would take a little effort to go and pick it up.

Sorry, Sir, but I hit the public labor market at 5, running errands for the merchants. Shining shoes on main street at 7. Washing dishes in the cafe at 10. Mixing mortar and carrying brick at 13.
I grew up in a house with no running water, no door knobs, and blankets over the open window areas that had no glass, in the winter. I now live comfortably, thanks to holding down as many as 7 jobs at times.

I don't appreciate it being taken from me by force to give to some worthless bum.

*Shel Silverstein*
vmmartin
House Bee

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2010, 09:12:16 PM »

I agree iddee. The double standard is alive and well, unfortunately.  Many (I am not going to say all or even most, as I dislike broad generalizations) liberal thinking people feel that they can say whatever they wish and call if "freedom of speech" but when a conservative person voices their opinion it is hate speech.  I am hopeful that the conservative people of our United States are finally "tired" and ready to reclaim what countless others before us have fought and died for. LIBERTY!
fish_stix
House Bee

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2010, 10:16:26 PM »

T Beek; thank you for your service to our country. I'm a Vietnam vet myself and since you know more than me about the insidious multinationals, how about explaining who they were and what did they have to gain? After all, Vietnam has no large industry or agriculture products, no oil, no raw materials unless you count all the expended brass munitions and bomb fragments. I hear they do make and export a mean bicycle though, and some of that wonderful nuoc mam fish sauce. Huge worldwide market there, right? Enough to make any self respecting multinational just slobber all over them selves with greedy anticipation. If that was the war you're so disillusioned over please give us the particulars. Who made the money and how?
Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2010, 10:26:18 PM »

T Beek; thank you for your service to our country. I'm a Vietnam vet myself and since you know more than me about the insidious multinationals, how about explaining who they were and what did they have to gain? After all, Vietnam has no large industry or agriculture products, no oil, no raw materials unless you count all the expended brass munitions and bomb fragments. I hear they do make and export a mean bicycle though, and some of that wonderful nuoc mam fish sauce. Huge worldwide market there, right? Enough to make any self respecting multinational just slobber all over them selves with greedy anticipation. If that was the war you're so disillusioned over please give us the particulars. Who made the money and how?
Or bosnia - still trying to figure out what they had there worth half a spit.
I agree with the first post, and there are people who characterize it as  intolerance, but it's kind of sickening that this country has a pretty decent safety net for people who need it, and that definitely needs to be less receptive to fraud and much more receptive to people who really need it. But then there are generations of people who abuse the system at every opportunity; all the while deriding people who earn the goodies they're scamming. And then our brainwashed religious tolerance for Islam which all the hard evidence that is not pithy lip service  says that our tolerance only goes one way. "gimme gimme gimme"

be happy and make others happy.
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2010, 09:24:03 AM »

fish_stix...finally getting an understanding of your position.  Welcome home to you.  I served w/ the 101st out of Phu bi 71-72 and spent too much time gaurding a tarmac and flying shadow in Santiago, Chile in 73 while "our Government" was buzy installing Pinochi as "our" personal Dictator in the Southern hemisphere. 

Its not my job to educate you on the war you were involved in.  That's your job.  Get to it man.  However, I do have a rather extensive librairy on the subject and as a fellow veteran your welcome any time you might travel to Northern Wisconsin.  You seem pretty savy on the computer though so I feel you may already know much of it, but like many vets, may have dificulty obsorbing/admitting some of the truths behind "ALL" wars.  One being; a few people make ALOT of money. 

I joined Vietnam Veterans Against the War while still in country and have been a voice against such actions wherever/whenever we decide to occupy some other Country while assisting vets of all eras who have difficulty getting some justice or their promised/entitled benefits ever since.

Besides making a living/homesteading and raising 3 wonderful, responsible, engaged with the world, sons. 

That's what I've been "doing" for most of my life.  How bout you?  Who said; Get buzy living or get buzy dieing?"

As the tone on this thread deteriorates into illogical, non-debatable and obvious judgemental non-thought, I must bid you all a due, I've got Congressmen/women to bother, but it was fun rolleyes

thomas

iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2010, 10:04:37 AM »

Well, just so you know, I was with the ist Calvary in An-khe, 1966-67.
Got there on a 1049 from Germany. "request for transfer". Yes, I asked to go.
As for who got rich, when the nam war started, unemployment was above 10%. Average wage was around a dollar an hour. When it ended, unemployment was below what they called "the unemployable" rate. Less than 3%. Average wage around 3.00 an hour.

Yes, it was an economics war, but it wasn't for the high and mighty only. The working masses also gained substantially. Maybe you should study the war a bit, rather than rely on your liberal group's rhetoric.

*Shel Silverstein*
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2010, 10:11:47 AM »

As the tone on this thread deteriorates into illogical, non-debatable and obvious judgemental non-thought....

You sling it very well.  grin

I think you need to add "denigrate" also to your list.
I'm sure you know what I mean.  Wink

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2010, 10:18:19 AM »

thanks for proving/validating what I already knew when getting into this thread.  lesson learned. 

XIN LOI

thomas

BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2010, 10:25:02 AM »

lesson learned. 
thomas

I highly doubt it.
At least not the lesson you should learn...  Wink

Take care.

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2010, 10:25:27 AM »

I think what we have proved/validated is, if you show a liberal the truth, they turn and run like their pants are on fire. They want none of it.

*Shel Silverstein*
skatesailor
House Bee

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2010, 10:44:36 PM »

Well said. Sounds like we have a parallel life and thoughts.
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next