Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 20, 2014, 04:21:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So it ends  (Read 898 times)
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« on: December 31, 2010, 11:04:46 AM »

Last Kodachrome film to be developed after 75 years as digital revolution sees it fade into history

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1341832/Last-Kodachrome-film-developed-75-years-digital-revolution-sees-fade-history.html

Kodachrome - Paul Simon

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
deknow
Field Bee

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 11:35:46 AM »

...photography is so different when you see the results instantly (between shots) rather than waiting to send in the film and get slides back.

deknow
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 12:03:20 PM »

But you have to admit that it was an art back then. Now you just photo shop, an art in itself I'm sure, but not like the good old days when you managed to get that amazing shot without all the bells and whistles.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
deknow
Field Bee

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 01:43:52 PM »

...it's like a lot of technology.

those that learned with the old equipment have skills that will never be developed in the younger generation.  people who did math with log tables and slide rules have a much better "feel" for the numbers...those that have only used calculators are less likely to notice an obviously off number (for instance if they put a decimal in the wrong spot).

photographers who had to budget for each frame, develop each roll of film, load 120 or sheet film, move the camera or change the lens to change the frame (i never had a zoom lens until i went digital), etc  have an understanding that is difficult to develop with modern cameras (there is a reason the k1000 was the "student" camera for so many years).

kodachrome especially was a teacher....i learned to shoot with kodachrome 64.

deknow
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 02:14:14 PM »

i never was a very good photographer.  the cost of shooting bad pictures was a mental block to me.  when i got my first digital camera and got over the fear of wasting money, i found that i could shoot decent pics.  some are even really good. smiley

i, too, hate to see this go the way of the buggy whip, but the world marches on....with or without us.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Eric-WD
New Bee

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2010, 05:36:18 PM »

I lost untold photographs by not being able to afford to have the film processed at the time or just forgetting to get the pictures down to the processor. when I did get the pictures back most were OK, but a lot should not have been taken. Now I point my camera take the picture, If I am not sure I take three of four, and throw away the bad ones,  I look at them on my computer and have only printed three of four. when I want to share a picture with the family, off it goes via email.  I much prefer the digital age and wish I had it when my kids were young.
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2010, 11:11:31 PM »

I guess Momma done took that kodachrome away. Wink
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2011, 12:49:45 AM »

I never could get that film in right. I am happy with the digital age.
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2011, 11:57:39 AM »

I remember in college while working in the archaeology lab taking pics and walking them down 2 buildings to get them developed.   Once back, you had to go through them to pick the good ones to use and then have them made into slides to be shown.   A week after you took the pics you could use them.    grin  And don't get me started on recording and storing the negatives. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next