Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 21, 2014, 05:30:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yeah...I'm an idiot. What about you?  (Read 3147 times)
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« on: December 11, 2010, 08:56:15 AM »

Earlier in the year, I had a water leak in the truck. Got it fixed. Filled the radiator with water, and never gave it another thought.

This past week.....you guess right. Night temps were in the low teens.

Went out three days ago and tried to start the engine. Started right up. With squealing, and smoke a billowing. Shut it off.

hoses...frozen. Water pump...frozen.

So I had a heater on for two days and wrapped it on top with blankets. (It was stuck outside)

Went to start it yesterday. Engine started right up and sounded good. Whew I thought. So I jumped down and looked at the engine. Engine running great. Nothing else moving. Now I have a broken master belt. Everything is connected to this one belt.

Last night, tow truck hauled off my truck to the shop to fix it. (Way to cold for me to be laying on the ground with this crap.)

What a bonehead. I suggested to the wife that she failed to remind me that I should of drained the radiator and put in antifreeze. She was not amused.

So what bonehead thing did you do lately?

Thanks for reading.  Wink

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com
bigbearomaha
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 09:48:57 AM »

I guess that depends on who you ask.

If you ask me, not too much dumb stuff, I did miss a testing date for one of my pesticide license category tests, but I swear they changed the  date in between times I checked their website.   I swear it was the 9th of  december.  when I went back to the website on the 9th to make sure of start time, it said the 8th.

but if you ask my wife, well, we don't have time or space for that list.

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 11:56:54 AM »

i think you were good right up suggesting your wife should have reminded you.   grin  bet if she'd reminded you, you'd have thought she was nagging.  we learn to let you make your own mistakes.   evil

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Eric-WD
New Bee

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2010, 01:34:27 PM »

emergency replacement of a starter on my car, laying on a gravel driveway as the light was fading, weather was cold and wet.  I tucked one of the wires out of the way, didn't put it back, (didnt see it) put starter in and out three times thinking I had it bound, put old starter back in thinking I had bad starter. reinstalled new starter.  slept overnight at house I am trying to sell an hour and a half from home (where I was working on the starter) got to thinking about it and realized I didn't have full time power to starter.  figured I had blown an in line fuse and ran a jumper from the battery to the starter, car started right up, drove home.  next day started the car up again. ran an errand. went to start car up emergency wire over loaded, fried, stranding me. I call the tow truck hauled car to shop, where mechanic finds wire I tucked out of way and put it back on starter. 
Total cost two days of hitting myself in the head, $100 tow, $100 shop bill. Mechanic thinks I am a total idiot.
I wish I had just forgotten the antifreeze.

Eric
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2010, 01:39:11 PM »

Whoops!

Nothing that expensive, but I'm setting up a little 30 gallon aquarium in the livingroom, and am trying to get the skimmer working.  I'm making a lot of adjustments, and that time I adjusted it, came back about 30 minutes later and found out it had leaked about 2 gallons of salt water onto the carpet.

I didn't tell my wife nuthin' because she's a little sensitive about her carpet... rolleyes grin

Rick
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2010, 03:08:35 PM »

Aww yes. The antifreeze.

A freeze snuck up on me one winter.... I live in the south OK?   Cracked the block  rolleyes

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
backyard warrior
House Bee

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2010, 06:10:27 PM »

Here i thought you were on top of your game Mike Huh Must been thinking about those bees again  rolleyes
G3farms
Queen Bee

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2010, 06:45:45 PM »

I forgot to drain the water out of an old Ford flatbed dump farm truck I have. It has a cat diesel engine in it and cracked the oil cooler housing cover. Not too bad to fix, it is cast iron  so used some nickle rods on it.

see my swarms and cut outs at https://www.youtube.com/user/soapy22bullet?feature=mhee

those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your @ss is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!
bulldog
House Bee

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2010, 08:01:40 PM »

it wasn't recent but i did almost the same exact thing. i had leaking hoses and put it off and put it off, all the while adding water until it was 100% water. finally replaced the hoses, but left the water in too long. it was unusually warm that year, almost made it to thanksgiving without freezing temps ( key word being almost ). i planned on draining it during the long weekend, but the wednesday before temps plummetted and it froze up. driving to work i guess the hoses were blocked or something and it overheated and sprayed water everywhere. ended up burning up my valves and junking the bronco, shame, i liked that thing.

Confucius say "He who stand on toilet is high on pot"
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2010, 10:18:17 PM »

The week after time change, was pulling into the jobsite one morning with the sun right in my eyes.  Sheetrock truck was unloading in the drive, so I pulled around it and ran right straight into a light pole.   Just got the truck back from the shop last week.
Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2010, 10:12:48 AM »

One time I forgot to put the drain plug back in when changing the oil and dumped 4 quart's of oil on my friend's spotless shop floor. The floor had a slope to it and the oil ran to the back of the pickup so I didn't see it.

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
hardwood
Galactic Bee

Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2010, 10:20:47 AM »

If I had a nickle for every time I've forgotten to hook a wire back up or tighten an inaccessible nut/bolt I'd be able to hire a fleet of mechanics Smiley

Scott

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2010, 05:43:55 PM »

If I had a nickle for every time I've forgotten to hook a wire back up or tighten an inaccessible nut/bolt I'd be able to hire a fleet of mechanics Smiley

Scott

Well Scott,just remember any job worth doing is worth doing twice!! grin
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2010, 05:52:02 PM »

What, you wanting me to write a 5 volume set of books or something?

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2010, 10:14:48 PM »

Ok. Towng, parts, labor, etc. Only 247.00

I guees some antifreeze next time will be well worth the money.  rolleyes

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
vmmartin
House Bee

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2010, 05:50:26 AM »

The week after time change, was pulling into the jobsite one morning with the sun right in my eyes.  Sheetrock truck was unloading in the drive, so I pulled around it and ran right straight into a light pole.   Just got the truck back from the shop last week.
I know what you mean Allen. I was delivering an air compressor to a customer. Pulling into parking lot and could barely see through the blazing Eastern sun in the windshield that a car had its reverse lights on. I stopped to let them out. The customer that I was going to see was walking in between a couple of cars in front of me. As the car was driving off, I started to go and did not see my customer until he was right in the middle of my hood. Locked up the brakes about a foot before I hit him. Whew!
I said "That scared the pis_ out of me."
His reply "How do you think I felt?"
Jim 134
Super Bee

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2010, 06:43:20 AM »

Earlier in the year, I had a water leak in the truck. Got it fixed. Filled the radiator with water, and never gave it another thought.

This past week.....you guess right. Night temps were in the low teens.

Went out three days ago and tried to start the engine. Started right up. With squealing, and smoke a billowing. Shut it off.

hoses...frozen. Water pump...frozen.

So I had a heater on for two days and wrapped it on top with blankets. (It was stuck outside)

Went to start it yesterday. Engine started right up and sounded good. Whew I thought. So I jumped down and looked at the engine. Engine running great. Nothing else moving. Now I have a broken master belt. Everything is connected to this one belt.

Last night, tow truck hauled off my truck to the shop to fix it. (Way to cold for me to be laying on the ground with this crap.)

What a bonehead. I suggested to the wife that she failed to remind me that I should of drained the radiator and put in antifreeze. She was not amused.

So what bonehead thing did you do lately?

Thanks for reading.  Wink

LOL

BEE HAPPY Jim 134 Smiley

"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2010, 09:01:32 AM »

This thread is brilliant and I see right through you Mike! After we post all our mishaps he'll have his wife view all our posts so he can say, see, I'm not the only one!  lau

Man, can't believe you didn't listen to your wife about adding antifreeze!  banana devil banana devil banana devil lau

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2010, 10:23:22 AM »

JP,
No, No.

Got it all wrong.

The thread is not for comparison value and telling my wife that others are idiots also.

The truck story is all fake.  rolleyes

I just really wanted to confirm that I was chatting with idiots.

Honest...you can believe that. In fact, my truck is sitting right here in the drive way the whole time.  Wink

I'm just a narcissist with a huge ego who likes pulling other people's chains.  grin

So there you have it. Honestly..... rolleyes

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2010, 07:35:15 PM »

I believe he just called us a bunch of idiots folks. shocked

Guess we'll just have to flood his area in the spring with AHB drones.

Yep, that's what we'll get Mike for Christmas!  banana devil

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next