Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
November 22, 2014, 12:03:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Our wonderful criminal justice system  (Read 1347 times)
VolunteerK9
Super Bee

Gamecock fan in UT land.

« on: December 03, 2010, 10:28:10 AM »

of which I happen to be employed by, but I'm not blind to it's downfalls.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/dec/2/execution-survivor-stays-on-death-row/

Seems that needles for lethal injections are just plain ole 'owie' painful. Apparently the rape and murder of this guy's 14 year old victim wasn't as bad as the needle pricks. A good ole rope hanging from the rafters should be the backup plan.
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 10:38:45 AM »

seems a .25 bullet would solve the problem

keith
VolunteerK9
Super Bee

Gamecock fan in UT land.

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 10:40:58 AM »

Yup, or maybe by firing squad of a bunch of pellet rifles. I doubt his victim's death was quick and painless.
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2010, 10:52:01 AM »

Yup, or maybe by firing squad of a bunch of pellet rifles. I doubt his victim's death was quick and painless.

Dang thats evil evil
Eric-WD
New Bee

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2010, 11:09:56 AM »

im willing to bet that he drank nothing for a couple if days to dehidrate himself before the big day.

Utah had it right, give them a choice hanging or fireing squad.

Eric
bigbearomaha
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2010, 02:59:56 PM »

For me, I'm not worried about quick, painless, how stressful the method is etc...

the death penalty is not about revenge.  it's a legal consequence.

The state should find the most cost, resource and time efficient method and go with it.

this is why we are supposed to be a nation of laws.

consequences for breaking the law are not about appealing to an emotional public.

of course as a public we want the convicted to feel the suffering they inflicted on victims.  because we can feel the pain as mothers and fathers, brothers and sisters and children as the family of the victims do.  We can put ourselves emotionally in their place and feel the anger and the rage and the venom that builds up demanding not just justice, but retribution.

the states are playing too much on the emotional grounds and mental state of the convicted while at the same time trying to make the point that as a nation of laws, there can't be allowed such things as lynching parties and such.

I think they just need to find a that method I described above, regardless of how painful or stressful it may or may not be.

if it's not about the public and the victims emotional position, then it shouldn't be about the convicted person's emotional position either.

As Larry the Cable guy would say...let's get er done.

Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2010, 04:30:25 PM »

For me, I'm not worried about quick, painless, how stressful the method is etc...

the death penalty is not about revenge.  it's a legal consequence.

The state should find the most cost, resource and time efficient method and go with it.

this is why we are supposed to be a nation of laws.

consequences for breaking the law are not about appealing to an emotional public.

of course as a public we want the convicted to feel the suffering they inflicted on victims.  because we can feel the pain as mothers and fathers, brothers and sisters and children as the family of the victims do.  We can put ourselves emotionally in their place and feel the anger and the rage and the venom that builds up demanding not just justice, but retribution.

the states are playing too much on the emotional grounds and mental state of the convicted while at the same time trying to make the point that as a nation of laws, there can't be allowed such things as lynching parties and such.

I think they just need to find a that method I described above, regardless of how painful or stressful it may or may not be.

if it's not about the public and the victims emotional position, then it shouldn't be about the convicted person's emotional position either.

As Larry the Cable guy would say...let's get er done.

Well Said
hardwood
Galactic Bee

Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2010, 05:13:59 PM »

I like the way they do it in China (or so I've heard), firing squad then charge the criminal's family for the bullets.

Scott

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2010, 07:20:28 PM »

Couldn't they just call in ole doc Kevorkian? He was an expert on a "painless" death. And he didn't mind doing it for a small fee.
  I can't help but wonder if the free health care while on death row was any less painful at times.
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2010, 07:32:51 PM »

After raping and killing a 14 y/o girl, then letting him live 24 years before attempting an execution? They should have "injected" a straight razor around the front 50 % of his neck about 2 inches deep. Then they would have found the vein.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
VolunteerK9
Super Bee

Gamecock fan in UT land.

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2010, 08:43:27 PM »

After raping and killing a 14 y/o girl, then letting him live 24 years before attempting an execution? They should have "injected" a straight razor around the front 50 % of his neck about 2 inches deep. Then they would have found the vein.

Yup, all they would have to refer to is Brian D. Brays earlier posting on Preparing the Thanksgiving Turkey.

edit. Took me a minute but I found the video that I watched while I was in the academy.

Father of Kidnapped Son gets Revenge
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2010, 10:14:35 PM »

What a video.   I never heard about that story, or saw that video.   I am surprised that a jury even slapped his hand after that.  Did they have a good enough case to put the guy away before the revenge shooting killed him?

And back to the first guy who does not have good veins, put him to sleep and then cut open his chest and find a blood vessel.  If he is asleep, it caan not be painful.
Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2010, 02:22:35 AM »

srap some C-4 on him and drop him on el kaida - 2 birds with one stone.

be happy and make others happy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next