Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
November 26, 2014, 04:17:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: we think we can control  (Read 649 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« on: December 01, 2010, 10:45:45 AM »

http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnalysis/Article.aspx?id=555245&p=2

what our government does if we can control what congress does.  realizing that this author is not everyones cup of tea, i think her points in this article are worth considering. 

many countries in Europe were promised a referendum vote on fully integrating into the EU.  when it became apparent that the people were not going to cooperate with the will of the rulers, the various countries decided to change the rules so that the people would no longer have a say in the decisions.

we see the same things happening here with many of the agencies of the government.  if the people and their representatives are inconvenient, remove them from the equation.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 11:11:55 AM »

I hate to say I'm not surprised - beauracracies make up rules and practices that the constitution wouldn't allow congress to, so instead of honorably closing the gap, they use the beauracracies to exploit the constitutional loopholes.

be happy and make others happy.
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 02:32:30 AM »

One of Obama's comments before he was administered the oath of office, mostly ignored by the main stream media, was that he would fundamentally reshape America, using Executive orders to accomplish that which Congress wouldn't agree to.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next