Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 02, 2014, 10:38:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I punched my Jeep today.  (Read 765 times)
Sean Kelly
Field Bee

I Pick; Therefore I Grin

« on: November 25, 2010, 02:27:15 PM »

I think I hurt my hand. Having a horrible day. Not only is it Thanksgiving, but every 6 years my birthday also falls on Thanksgiving.
But I have to work today. If you haven't heard, the pacific northwest got some pretty nasty snow and ice the last few days. The road leaving my home is very steep and shaded, so although everywhere else it's clear, my neighborhood still isn't. It's all compact ice. So my Jeep Wagoneer has been my life line out of here.

Last night on the way home from work I started smelling gas. The retard previous owner decided to route the rubber fuel return line next to the exhaust manifold. So over time, it's been melting and now has a huge hole in it. Strike one. Also, my alternator is going out and I'm hearing noises coming from the timing cover (its not the water pump, I just replaced that). Strike two.

So I figured the roads would be okay to take my Ford Crown Vic to work. Wrong, I slid backwards into a 3 foot ditch. Strike three.

When I walked back home I punched the tailgate of my waggy. Now my hand hurts.

On top of all this, my boss doesn't believe me since it's Thanksgiving and also my birthday. So now works angry.

I can not afford to take this day off, let alone pay for the damages to fix my Crown Vic or fix the Wagoneer. I feel screwed. This is the worst Thanksgiving and Birthday ever.

Sean Kelly

"My son,  eat  thou honey,  because it is good;  and the honeycomb,  which is sweet  to thy taste"          - Proverbs 24:13
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 02:49:53 PM »

It sounds inappropriate Sean, but Happy Birthday - terrible ways to start another trip around the sun.

I learned early on that Inanimate objects will win every time in a punching contest. I stood up under a car-lift which changing oil once and compressed my neck and almost knocked myself out from the thump my head made.

I had a Grand Marque, so I know how poorly rear-wheel drive in a heavy car is. I now own a Suburu Legacy and I will never NOT have am all wheel drive car again. The difference is night and day.

My Mom's birthday is tomorrow the 26th, she had the same issues on every so many years Thanksgiving falling on her birth date too.

I can only wish you a speedy recovery on your hand, and hope that the next 364 days are better than this one. I've almost always had the displeasure of being sick or laid out with a migraine on my birthday, I can't honestly think of one where I didn't feel like crap - that is sad too... in hindsight is would be nice to remember such days positively, I hope you have better Thanksgivings both in the past and the future to recall rather than this. Hopefully after your done with your check book or credit card to handle today's fees, buy yourself a nice toy with it to cancel out the negatives.

Best wishes my friend and there is still time for it to be a happy birthday.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 03:48:14 PM »

Hope the rest of your day goes better.

Between my wife, daughter, son-in-law, and myself we really need four vehicles. We only have three and then suddenly We were down to two vehicles for two weeks while the transmission was being rebuilt on the Durango. It only cost $1800.00 to get'er done.

I was getting up around five AM to take the wife to work. In the afternoon I take the daughter. About seven-thirty I pick up the wife. And sometimes as late as one AM go get the daughter. The grand kids would stay here while daddy worked and he would pick them up and stay at home with them at night while mommy worked. The reason I picked her up at night.

But better days ahead.... Right?

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
Eric-WD
New Bee

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 04:57:48 PM »

Sorry to hear about your bad day, its melting here, its melting in shelton, Im sure the melt is on its way.  Hope tomorow is better.

Eric
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 08:34:34 PM »

Look at it this way Sean, it can only get better brother.

Happy Birthday and sending better luck your way!

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
hardwood
Galactic Bee

Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2010, 10:26:22 PM »

I know it's not what you want to hear right now, but "this too shall pass". Thinking that way has gotten me through some tough spots.

Scott

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
Sean Kelly
Field Bee

I Pick; Therefore I Grin

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2010, 11:47:10 PM »

Thanks guys.  Yeah the day got a little better.  The snow melted enough so my grandfather and dad were able to pull my car out with the old land crusier.  Only minor damage to the right rear quarter.  Was pretty bummed out about letting work down.  I take great pride in my job and being a reliable worker that they can depend on, and they sure let me know how angry they were about missing today.

Having dinner with family was very nice though.  And my parents bought me a Big Chief Smoker for my birthday which is something I've wanted for a long time!!!  Way cool!  My grandparents gave me a whole turkey to test out my smoking skills with it.  lol

John, I did the opposite of you.  I had a Subaru Legacy and traded it in for the Crown Victoria!  lol.  I miss my Subie.  She would go anywhere!  My Jeep also goes anywhere.... when it's running.

Tomorrow is another day, just gota keep on the bright side of things.

Sean

"My son,  eat  thou honey,  because it is good;  and the honeycomb,  which is sweet  to thy taste"          - Proverbs 24:13
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next