Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 23, 2014, 02:30:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: video about tsa screening  (Read 2634 times)
Mason
House Bee

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2010, 03:03:53 PM »

I am a frequent air traveler but have not had my weapon of mass destruction padded down yet. 

The disaster will possibly happen on the ground now, instead of in the air.

This was a topic of conversation I had recently with some co-workers.  With the security lines increasing and people bogged together and all carrying bags it would be no problem for a group of terrorist to walk in with a sack full of grenades,  ammo and Mac 10's and really put a hurting on people at the security check points. Most large passenger jets carry about 300 people compared to the several thousand clogged into a major airport security checkpoint.  Seems to me a metal detector should be at the entrance of the airport first and foremost.

Unfortunately we are paralyzed by political correctness.  For my money all Muslim men between the ages of 13 and 90 should be inspected and scrutinized.  It's not profiling it's common sense.  Considering that radical Muslim men would consider this homosexual behavior if padded down by a male and extremely unacceptable if done by an infidel woman.  Also consider that if a  radical Muslim's woman was felt up by an infidel they would be stoned.

I actually don't mind the scanners or the possibility of being felt up as I think it does actually make air travel safer both literally and as a deterrent to radical Muslims.   Know your enemy.  If all enhanced searches were conducted by "Christian" females it would work better as a Muslim deterrent and meet far less resistance from us law abiding folk.

Former beekeeper until March....maybe next year...RIP
BeesNeeds
New Bee

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2010, 04:33:24 PM »

I've been following this topic on another forum.. A lot of people feel that they should not have to pay with their private parts for the privilege of flying.
And there is a lot of yuck all over with the screenings and, er, freedom pats as the probing of sexual areas is becoming nicknamed as.
Unfortunately, wearing a snuggie or a icky diaper might not help.. A woman at one airport was taken aside for wearing a longer skirt, and privately forced to remove her skirt, put on a paper one, and then undergo the full patdown procedure. A man at another airport had his urostomy bag popped while being searched, and had to track through the airport soaked in his own urine. Both an embarrassment and a possible hazard to other people under the logic of medical practices with how to deal with bodily fluids. A mother in another airport was startled when a male agent stuffed his hand right into her infant daughters diaper and felt around for terrorist weapons. Another woman, again in a skirt, was lifted up onto her toes such was the force of the hand used to examine her crotch. Another woman was forced to take out her prosthetic breast to prove it wasn't a terrorist weapon.

Interesting, a lot of the new procedures being stepped up is blamed on the underwear bomber. Oddly enough, that guy was able to breeze though with no passport, and bought his flight ticket with cash- in another country days before. His dad had narked him out to the CIA as being a dangerous guy (dad did not know about the bombing, just how nutty his kid was) and the guy was put on the Terrorist Identities Datamart Enviroment, but oops, didn't make it onto the FBI's Terrorist Screening Database. At one point, the state department wanted to revoke the guys visa, but intelligence say no because they thought the guy could be a useful little fish.
So.. the government agencies totally screwing up on their end and not doing their job well results in a CMA that somehow it was the fault of insufficient screening of passengers at the gate. Now everyone innocent or not has to pay for the luxury of flying with their private parts. What a crock of BS

All of this extra screening slow down does cause concern that an airport is going to be more likely to be attacked than the planes. There is also concern that with a whole bunch of people choosing driving over flying because of this that the road incidents are going to rise. Or that terrorists will concentrate more on inside security weaknesses via third party contacts. Or just say screw the public airports, it's easier to nail the private strips, and that way everyone can have their own plane to use as a suicide bomb.

- bee -
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2010, 08:13:12 PM »

If this stuff was going on under Bush, the left would be screaming from the hilltops. Somehow, the vast majority of the left as well as the mainstream media is just fine with this.

I just saw a video of a 3 year old being patted down and his "junk" being searched.

I have a 5 and a 7 year old girl. I would be highly upset to put them through this.

In the end.....the terrorists DID win.

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com
Mason
House Bee

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2010, 11:04:19 AM »

If this stuff was going on under Bush, the left would be screaming from the hilltops. Somehow, the vast majority of the left as well as the mainstream media is just fine with this.

I just saw a video of a 3 year old being patted down and his "junk" being searched.

I have a 5 and a 7 year old girl. I would be highly upset to put them through this.

In the end.....the terrorists DID win.

The terrorist won the second the Patriot Act was signed.

Former beekeeper until March....maybe next year...RIP
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2010, 11:24:06 AM »

don't want to wander to much OT, but i always find the argument against the patriot act interesting.  almost everything in it was already available to other agencies. DEA, and those tracking organized crime.  there was not much in the way of expansion of powers except to the extent that updating for new technology gave opportunity for more info gathering and tracking.

the argument against these tools was never made when they were given to other agencies.  was it political, or was it just because most of us never expect to interact with the DEA or those after organized crime?

understand that i am not in favor of most of these tools, but to be fair, they either need to be take from all or allowed for the tracking of terrorists.  unlike TSA and their searches which have never caught anyone, the tools in the patriot act have allowed tracing and shutting down of sources of money, tracking and stopping cells in country, etc. 

we could very well get rid of all these agencies and tools.  fine with me.  i just think that people need to understand what they protest.  seems most don't really know much about what government agencies are doing.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next