Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 28, 2014, 11:05:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: video about tsa screening  (Read 2719 times)
Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« on: November 21, 2010, 12:35:52 PM »

TSA Enhanced Screening Procedures Explained

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 01:18:23 PM »

If I ever have a need to fly and this is still going on, I think I will wear a snuggy with nothing on under it to the air port. When they ask to scan or pat me down I will raise it up and say "You can see I am hiding nothing on my person. No reason for groping me."

Wonder how many little old ladies will faint.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 03:31:52 PM »

I am old enough that I don't care anymore about the cumulative effects of the xrays, and I don't care if some person sitting in a room far way sees me naked. Oops did I say that? shocked shocked
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2010, 04:45:21 PM »

OK, annette, we will hold you to that. All us men outside Calif. will expect pics via PM tonight.  evil   evil

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
Jim 134
Super Bee

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2010, 04:50:40 PM »

OK, annette, we will hold you to that. All us men outside Calif. will expect pics via PM tonight.  evil   evil

LOL

"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/
hardwood
Galactic Bee

Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2010, 04:55:56 PM »

OK. I kept waiting and waiting for the groping part...guess I'll have to grope for myself!

Scott

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2010, 05:03:48 PM »

i am less annoyed about it being done, as i am about the way it's being done.  the "shut up and take it" is a bit over the top.  also, having flown through many other countries i know that it can be done in a better and more effective way.

i also question the need for TSA in the fist place and the way that agents are selected.  when TSA was started the screening process was 3 days long with candidates washed out along the way.  it was quite rigorous and included physical, mental, and job specific testing, along with FBI background checks, etc.  i went through it.  
by the next year, all of the old testing had been thrown out along with the applications of those who had passed the tests and not yet been hired, and the testing consisted of one day of job specific testing and the usual GS screening.  while i can not say why this was done, i speculate, having seen who made it to the last cut in the original testing, that the final candidates were not "diverse" enough.  in the end, most were former military, under the age of 50 (most under 40) and while not all were white, most were.  i might understand tossing the rigorous original screening because of cost, but that would not explain tossing the already qualified candidate and starting over.

there is no reason to have this government agency.  what needs to be done can be done by private companies.  they would still have to hire people who met the standards and they would still have to do the same checks.  the difference is that a private company would care about customer service, while government employees do not need to worry about it.
there are some fine people who work for TSA.  there are some hitlerish dogs.  the second taint the entire agency and not much can be done about them unless they are caught breaking the law.  customer satisfaction does not figure into it.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
hardwood
Galactic Bee

Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2010, 06:18:47 PM »

So Kathy, are you saying that you've actually been trained in groping?? grin

Scott

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2010, 06:34:18 PM »

Can you ask for the happy ending during the scan?
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2010, 06:43:53 PM »

So Kathy, are you saying that you've actually been trained in groping??

yes....although TSA had nothing to do with it   evil

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2010, 11:25:08 PM »

Yiks, maybe I am more comfortable with the groping!!  grin
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2010, 01:40:06 AM »

I guess it is time to break out the Natures weapons: Not shower for three days wear a diaper and poop and pee a lot, with just a good 3 day old stank going on, then insist on being patted down REAL GOOD!!! a few hundred plane loads of that and we might see changed - besides the air masks deploying automatically - lol.

I think loading the diapers is the gift those protesting the machine should give the TSA since they will have to be patted down one by one! I read the Pilots association won their protest so that NO pilot or crew member be subjected to machine scans or searches. Gee, that's not a weak link the chain - huh?

I have a few questions though: if you choose the scanner, do you still need to take your shoes off??? I have heard that "scanner readers" can tell if a woman has had a C-Section, abortion and obviously boob job, or if men have had a circumcision - I wonder where the ACLU (who should battle it out with PITA until the last person stands holding the winner flag - they both can rot for being extremists) where is the ACLU in all this. Of course the ACLU is known for never being on the correct side of an issue, no reason to start now.

The part that sickens me is that Muslim women are exempt (or argue that they should be) because it is against their religious rights?!, I want to know which religion condones either of these practices.

I won't even go to the joke about "Vatican Airlines declining the use of scanners on young boys because it could make them sterile, but assures the TSA that they will perform a thorough pat down search" but forgive me for stereotyping anyone, but HELLO... isn't there ANY common sense used any more. Do we seriously live in a world where Muslim women who cover 98% of their bodies are allowed to board planes without having to be searched like everyone else? Sorry, call me a bigot or racist, but we have too much to lose when our own government bends over backwards and open a loophole that leads us toward another 9-11.

The last big threat I heard (which lead up to the NO LIQUIDS OVER 4 OUNCES RULE was Terrorist women having breast implants with a different chemical in each breast, which when mixed (by piercing or smashed until the implants explode) either create a bomb or a chemical weapon that could take down a plane. Whether this is true or folk lore, isn't it something that should not be overlooked because of "claimed" regions reasons?

The evolution of thought leads to the day we are forced to fly naked, sitting on a portapotty modified airplane seat, handcuffed and ankle braceletted together, while nerve toxins automatically spray in our face if we attempt to leave the seat we are shackled to. And that's the domestic flights, toss in waterboarding and implanted stun gun needles on the International ones.

Of course, Obama say "We currently have no better way!" so it must be true. I can't wait until 2012 when the moving van pulls up to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave and ships him back to Kenya where he comes from!

« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 01:57:10 AM by beemaster » Logged

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations page link for more details. Please help if you can.
tecumseh
House Bee

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2010, 07:22:18 AM »

If I wish to fly my choices are either another dose of X ray or being patted down.

I think the entire airport security thingee is fairly ridiculous from purely strategic reasons.  it does suggest that you implant a bit of fear, fan the fear a bit and folks will fairly quickly toss out good sense and some right with little resistance.

I am 'the panther that passes in the night'... tecumseh.
Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2010, 07:41:18 AM »

Can you ask for the happy ending during the scan?
If I wind up compelled to fly I am SO using that line
I think I would rather see them use the Israeli method, but really I think it will create a clear demonstration of the supply/demand curve - nevermind indignant boycotts and other 'political action' people will just find other modes of transport  unless they have to fly.

be happy and make others happy.
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2010, 08:45:19 AM »

angry That's it.  angry   I'm taking a bus to Hawaii.  drowning

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2010, 08:53:47 AM »

the Israeli way might be to slow for the number of flights we have.  the way the Brits do it is pretty good.  everyone goes through the inital screening.  after that, they have security people who do one on one interviews with selected people right there in the waiting area.  they sit down with them and just have a chat smiley .  it's all very polite, low key, and everyone knows what's going on.  yes, they do profile according to whatever intel they are currently working.  

i heard someone say that if we profiled, the enemy would change his profile.  perhaps true.  however, if you don't, you will end up hurting the general population and interfering with commerce.  profiling, like all other intel tools,  should not be fixed.  your profile is as fluid as the intel you base it on.  

Alexis de Tocqueville
Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2010, 09:17:23 AM »

I think the brits took their method right out of the israeli book, with a (more modest?) approach to physical screeening. I've flown enough, even the "you've been randomly selected because you're a last minute flyer." - yeah ok no problem. I think TSA, being a quasi government agency, must consider the 4th amendment. "they" keep using these excuses same as random stops on the roads; basically saying that by going on the road and signing for the driver's license you forfeit your rights under the 4th amendment, and without a license - you're inviolation of the law.
There are constitutional rights, and there's a government endlessly trying to do away with them. TSA's argument is that by buying a ticket, you forfeit your rights to a quasi-federal agency who is actually legally bound to obey the constitution.
There's consenting to having your bag searched for convenience (because of what happens if you tell them to stuff it) and then there is this (which I do believe will be measured out in raw capitalism - people who can find an alternative - will.)
Jerry, I hear a cruise ship to Hawaii can be the best vacation ever.

be happy and make others happy.
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2010, 09:37:05 AM »

Jerry, I hear a cruise ship to Hawaii can be the best vacation ever.

Way too slow, and I might get sea sick,

Jerry

annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2010, 09:51:59 AM »

Yes, My husband and I were in Israel 2 years ago and we were so impressed with the security over there. When boarding the planes, they spoke to us and asked us many questions, in a very nice polite way. Then they brought in another person who further asked us questions. Of course, as many have said, Israel is a small country, while we are very big and cannot do this sort of screening.
But something has to change over the stupid practices we have right now.

Why they stole Brendan's honey for no good reason!!

Last time I flew, they let a very beautiful, full breasted women keep her very large bottle of lotion instead of taking it away. I saw them whisper to her to be careful next time and let her go through. The only reason I did not protest was because I was so exhausted and did not want to make big trouble that probably would have held us up or even could have caused us to miss a flight. I was so angry about this.

Also a friend of mine, arrived at his hotel only to find out that he had placed his razor blades in his carry on by mistake, and they never even found them.
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2010, 10:36:55 AM »

Here is a scenario that really could happen. With the early arrivals to the airports so they can get to the plane on time, there will be a huge gathering of people.

And in there scattered about are a few suicide bombers. The disaster will possibly happen on the ground now, instead of in the air.

Jerry

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next