Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 23, 2014, 03:50:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Message from Iraq  (Read 1477 times)
Butterchurn
New Bee

« on: June 03, 2005, 02:24:57 PM »

Please accept my apology for being off topic for this forum.

I just received an email from my son serving in Iraq. He is in danger and I'm worried about his safety.

For those of you who are inclined, I would appreciate your prayers or your thoughts for him.  I know it will make me feel better knowing that people are praying/thinking about him.

Thanks very much from an anxious father!

Ron

Hey dad I'm Fine
I haven't been able to use the phone for a while........We have been getting attacked alot more lately and it seems like the Hadjis are aiming right at us.......our headquarters was hit by an RPG but whoever shot it off didn't pull the pin so it didn't blow up. One of our gun trucks got hit and got a few things blown off of it and Guess who has to fix it...........YAY.  I have had a few too many close calls since I have been back here and It's getting worse every day.  I am even more worried about these last 6 months over here than I was the first 6.  The motorpool seems to be drawing quite a lot of attention and I don't think these guys are gonna stop untill they do some real damage.........I wish they would send ME out looking for him.  Well If you want to send me the Ukelele that is fine I'll be waiting for it I miss you Guys and I love you all I'll see you all when I get back.

LOVE,
                                                                   TIM

Butterchurn (Ron)
bassman1977
"King Bee"
Super Bee

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2005, 02:45:34 PM »

I'm about two months out of Iraq.  I feel his and your concerns.  I think about all my brothers and sisters over there all the time.  What unit is he with?  I am a Navy Seabee.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(''')_(''')
Butterchurn
New Bee

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2005, 03:05:04 PM »

He is with the 16th Signal out of FT. Hood.

Ron

Butterchurn (Ron)
Rabbitdog
House Bee

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2005, 03:17:06 PM »

I will pray specifically for Tim.  My son's name is Timothy as well, but he is only 7.  The way I see it, your Tim is fighting every day for the future of my Tim.  I thank you and your family!!  Feel free to forward this to him.  I hope it brings him a bit of comfort.
When he comes home, tell him he's got all the honey he can eat available.  Just post a note and we'll load him up.  Do you think he could receive some honey through the mail?
Godspeed Tim!!!

"Born Po, Die Po" ........ just need to feed myself in between!
SherryL
House Bee

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2005, 03:49:15 PM »

Brings tears to my eyes.  My bestest bud in the whole world it named Tim.  I'll be holding your son in my thoughts and prayers too!
Butterchurn
New Bee

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2005, 04:54:58 PM »

Rabbitdog,

I don't know if he can receive honey or not.  Other foods that we sent him got through.

I sent you a PM with his address.

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers.

Thanks, MIKI for the emphasis - helps!

Tim is a good kid.  He surprised me when he joined the army.  I asked him why he wanted to do that (I'm retired Air Force, so I really wanted to know why he wanted to do that).  He said, "Well, my country has given so much to me, I just thought I'd give something back."  After I picked my lower jaw up off the floor, I told him how proud I was of him.

Thanks, again!

Ron

Butterchurn (Ron)
Rich V
House Bee

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2005, 12:29:43 AM »

Your son Tim is in my prayers.

Rich V
2nd Battalion, seventythird Artillery,Third Armor Division
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: