Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 14, 2014, 11:35:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: obama clear and transparent huh?  (Read 4169 times)
Keith13
Super Bee

« on: November 10, 2010, 01:37:12 PM »

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/107046624.html

seems the drilling ban was politically motivated,  he choose politics over scince. Now what was it he said when running for office his presidency would be clear and transparent yeah right more like clear and present danger. This clown was on a witch hunt of the oil industry from the get go, BP was a blessing to him.

Keith
Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 02:56:39 PM »

Wasn't the "drilling moratorium" overturned in court and they simply answered that with something like "we ban the overturning"?
I'm pretty sure I got the specifics mixed up on this one, but anyone who knows what really went with that straighten me out please.

be happy and make others happy.
fish_stix
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 08:17:55 PM »

From what I gathered from the evening news tonight there is an uproar over the Obama administration changing the wording of the report by Obama's appointed scientific board, in order to support the administration's moratorium. Business as usual; if you don't like the results you get, then order another study, or just reword it to fit your agenda. The scientists and other experts are the wrong folks to mess with on something like this though. It's very unlikely that these types will change the report they assemble in order to please a political minion; reputations in the scientific community are at risk.
hardwood
Galactic Bee

Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 08:28:08 PM »

I think I'm feeling another conspiracy theory coming on!

Scott

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 08:33:53 PM »

He had to do that.   Without changing it, all the people would question why he was doing that instead of just half the people.  He doesn't want oil drilling.   He wants to look green.   He hates big business.  He hates all private run companies.  So he had to change a few things to shut down the drilling.   
tecumseh
House Bee

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 07:27:28 AM »

keith writes:
seems the drilling ban was politically motivated,  he choose politics over scince.

tecumseh:
that is what one politician from Louisiana stated, but 'that' was not what the article said.  is this perhaps a politically slanted reading comprehension problem?

another keith snip:
Now what was it he said when running for office his presidency would be clear and transparent

tecumseh:
well you are reading this article posted in Quebec so something must be transparent.  NO you do not have Dick Cheney making some decision in some back room, placing the presidential stamp on HIS idea, and then hiding behind the mantel of president to keep everyone from knowing why or how some decision was made.

since the oil companies in the gulf made up their own rules (under the Bush administration) and then decided not to follow these, how could any reasonable person suggest that the operation of the deep drilling rigs (which I think is all the ban limited) should not be reviewed?  how anyone could review the history of the oil industry (which basically conforms to the history of all extraction type businesses) and trust that crowd is just beyond my understanding. 

I love these over the top statements like... 'He doesn't want oil drilling.   He wants to look green.  He hates big business.  He hates all private run companies.'

I guess some folks recognize no human capacity but hate or it does seems to be utilized in their dialogue so often that one wonders... 'what's going on there'.

Personally I would like the oil biz'ness to have a little less sway over my life here... but being this is Texas that ain't likely to happen.  Anyone that would vote or send some oil company person to office must enjoy being fleeced. 

I am 'the panther that passes in the night'... tecumseh.
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2010, 08:07:29 AM »

Tecumseh writes  rolleyes

since the oil companies in the gulf made up their own rules (under the Bush administration) and then decided not to follow these, how could any reasonable person suggest that the operation of the deep drilling rigs (which I think is all the ban limited) should not be reviewed?  

That is not what I said. If you want to review the rules  have the ba...  guts,  to say "as president I want to review the rules". Lets avoid changing scientific studies to meet your political agenda, that almost smells like global warming.

Krith
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2010, 08:09:44 AM »

From what I gathered from the evening news tonight there is an uproar over the Obama administration changing the wording of the report by Obama's appointed scientific board, in order to support the administration's moratorium. Business as usual; if you don't like the results you get, then order another study, or just reword it to fit your agenda. The scientists and other experts are the wrong folks to mess with on something like this though. It's very unlikely that these types will change the report they assemble in order to please a political minion; reputations in the scientific community are at risk.

Have you heard of the global warming myth? Scientist  compromise themselves all the time to prove points.

Keith
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2010, 08:25:10 AM »

Of course....chapter 2, page 34, paragraph 2 subsection 1.234.....from the lefts playbook....BLAME IT ON BUSH!  lau

Bush had less time to overhaul all the poor security measures that made 9/11 happen. But I never heard Bush blame Clinton. Yet they entered the country, trained, planned, all under Clinton's administration.

Obama had more time to fix any needed problems in drilling....yet has been blaming Bush for this, and everything else for two years now.

When you can not back up, defend or justify actions on the left.....you pull out the playbook, open it up, and cry out "We had to do it this way. We had no option. It was Bush's fault!"  Wink

Of course this is just a clever side step away from the points already made about the deceitful, dishonest, non-transparent regime we have now in office.

Questions Obama's integrity....blame Bush

Questions some dishonest tactics...blame Bush.

And for extra measure when your really lacking a good response (like there ever was one  rolleyes )...throw in some comments about "Big Oil".

I'm glad the majority of folks are beyond falling for this crap.

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2010, 05:48:33 PM »

Bush has kept his mouth shut for the past couple of years and has not said anything about Obama or the way things are headed.  He did pass the first stimulus package right before Obama took office.   Clinton never really played quiet making big buck making speeches in such.
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2010, 05:55:20 PM »

Quote:
tecumseh:
well you are reading this article posted in Quebec so something must be transparent.  NO you do not have Dick Cheney making some decision in some back room, placing the presidential stamp on HIS idea, and then hiding behind the mantel of president to keep everyone from knowing why or how some decision was made.

Buzzbee: And I guess this is fact about Cheney. You do have the evidence,or perhaps reasonable facts for your opinion?
tecumseh
House Bee

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2010, 08:07:04 AM »

buzzbee writes:
And I guess this is fact about Cheney. You do have the evidence,or perhaps reasonable facts for your opinion?

tecumseh:
I do wonder where some of my fellow citizens have been hanging out???  Perhaps Fox News where you can make a bet that 85% of the detail they think are fact are in fact absolutely incorrect. 

I guess you missed the Dick Cheney Energy Policy during the early years of the Cheney/Bush administration.  When folks wanted to see the notes on these various meeting (between dick, a lot of oil executives and believe this or not the Afganistan/Al Queda government in which they obtain something like 50 million dollars for something???).  Mr Cheney hid behind executive priviledge to keep the notes from those meeting from being reviewed.  There is a small note in 'the failed hunt for bin laden' (the book) which does make you wonder exactly what happened in those meeting.

This entire Energy Policy 'thingee' was created when California experienced a bit of an energy bump.  as it turns out the bump was manufacture by the same folks that BOUGHT you George and Dick. 

not opinion but I did notice that my fuel cost went from $1.25 per gallon to $5 per gallon during this totally oil purchased administration.  likely just a random event... or so my conservative brethren would seem to suggest.   

VolunteerK9
Super Bee

Gamecock fan in UT land.

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2010, 08:52:21 AM »

I don't know. I think they are all crooks regardless of party affiliation. I don't blame all of our country's woes on Bush, but did it not strike anyone else odd that a Saudi took the credit for the WTC and so the U.S invaded Iraq? (cue conspiracy theory music) I fully believe in supporting our troops on whatever they are called to service on, but I really wasn't a fan of a pointless war that sank us deeper in debt. Nor was I real fond of paying $100 for a tank of diesel.
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2010, 09:05:17 AM »

tecumseh:
I do wonder where some of my fellow citizens have been hanging out???  Perhaps Fox News where you can make a bet that 85% of the detail they think are fact are in fact absolutely incorrect. 

It is always interesting when these arguments come up that those on the left side like to try to pile on Fox news.  CNN, MSNBC, CBS, NBC, etc fall into the same 85% category on the other side of the argument.  That makes the left 85% * 4 more absolutely incorrect.

Last time I checked the California energy bump was created by "enlightened" folk who were trying to "protect" "poor people" from "high energy prices" making it impractical to sell them that energy.

Random events?  No...supply, demand, taxes...attacks on american people unleashing a series of events.  Prices plummeted with the current administration, but that is only because a huge segment of the population could no longer afford gas.  With people on the left side saying that we should tax gas up to the $7/gallon level.  That's what our current administration would do if he thought he could get away with it.

Rick
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2010, 09:39:04 AM »

scads, good luck  grin 

our buddy above accuses conservatives of getting all our info from fox, then posts
which does make you wonder exactly what happened in those meeting.
  after posting conspiracy theory speculation straight off democrat.com and the Huff. 

hard to take that seriously. 

if you want to know where our energy policy really went over the cliff, look to the carter admin.  California is just full of a bunch of tree hugging kooks.....as are Oregon and Washington.  you only need to look at how they voted to see where they are headed.....i think close behind our energy policy smiley

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2010, 02:16:06 PM »

Gas will be $10 a gallon here in time.   Obama is devaluing the dollar.   Oil is valued with the dollar.  We import most of our oil.  So oil may stay the same in value but in dollars will soar skyward.

Also, how many people are behind Obama pulling his strings (or at least brainwashed him in college).   Bill Aryers, George Soros, or Vladimir Lenin from the grave?
tecumseh
House Bee

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2010, 08:28:27 AM »

scads writes:
It is always interesting when these arguments come up that those on the left side like to try to pile on Fox news.  CNN, MSNBC, CBS, NBC, etc fall into the same 85% category on the other side of the argument.  That makes the left 85% * 4 more absolutely incorrect.

Last time I checked the California energy bump was created by "enlightened" folk who were trying to "protect" "poor people" from "high energy prices" making it impractical to sell them that energy.

tecusmeh:
well show me your data brother. 

the 85% number was in regards to weapons of mass destruction and why a great number of folks thought they had been found in Iraq even thought people of authority had stated flatly (again and again) that they had not been found (and were not going to be found... which some of us knew anyway).  cut to chase about 85% of this misinformed crowd got their information from fox news.  evidently some folks wish to be misinformed?

you also seemed to missed the direct involvement of Enron in the 'california energy crisis' (I might guess Fox News didn't follow that little story in great detail?).  I think the figure I noticed was Enron traders effectively bilked California energy consumer for about $9 billion dollars.  I am not certain how anyone could blame the 'do gooders' or poor folks for this shell game???  Quite plainly the California Energy Crisis was NOT.  It did push energy prices (of all forms) higher just as the economy was growing weaker (which in itself defies common economic logic... scad's supply and demand excuse I would guess).

and sorry to disappoint mizz kathyp I don't get my information from either democrat.com nor Huff (what ever that refers to).... I do however read books and on almost all occasions highly discount anything written on the net and when sources become predicable inaccurate (or project known bias) discount these also.  I also KNOW that conspiracies happen all the time (or at least that is what Adam Smith thought and what history suggest).  painting anyone and everyone into the conspiracy camp is a pretty weak ploy. 

Blame Jimmy Carter... now that's a bit of a stretch.  Kind of the right era for where we were led wrong... very sadly the wrong person to blame.

quite evidently (if the first rule of proper decision making is to be followed) the party of personal responsibility is NOT and by all evidence has never been.

iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2010, 09:15:59 AM »

Would someone please explain to me what "weapons of mass destruction" really are? We had a couple of local hoodlums here arrested, AND CONVICTED, of possession of "weapons of mass destruction". They had a sawed off shotgun. Yet it is said Saddam, with all his missiles and military weapons, didn't have.
I just DO NOT understand.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2010, 09:58:33 AM »

Would someone please explain to me what "weapons of mass destruction" really are? We had a couple of local hoodlums here arrested, AND CONVICTED, of possession of "weapons of mass destruction". They had a sawed off shotgun. Yet it is said Saddam, with all his missiles and military weapons, didn't have.
I just DO NOT understand.

A sawed off shotgun in a small room full of people can kill and maim a whole bunch of people in that room. Thus some will call it a WMD for the headlines.  rolleyes

Saddam was reportedly to have biological and/or chemical weapons that could kill people in large areas like cities.

But Saddam was only saying that he had them to keep Iran from invading.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2010, 01:50:28 PM »

Tell that to the kurds. I doubt they will believe you.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next