Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 23, 2014, 12:54:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wedding Plans  (Read 4055 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2010, 02:13:31 PM »

i can see bud and iddee running around with it all on the outside.  i think i'll keep a bit on.  bees and mosquitoes make me swell up.   evil

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
hardwood
Galactic Bee

Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2010, 02:17:07 PM »

A little swelling in "certain" areas can sometimes be a good thing! grin

Scott

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2010, 02:54:01 PM »

oh darlin', not at my age!

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2010, 08:56:00 PM »

I would sure like to, but I would have to find a driver. I won't fly, and I don't think I can drive that far.

Alright folks Iddee needs to bum a ride. Wink  Any takers?

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2010, 10:03:25 PM »

it would probably be cheaper for me to fly to him and drive to buds.  there are no good flights to buds.   evil  how far is it?

Alexis de Tocqueville
hardwood
Galactic Bee

Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2010, 10:18:55 PM »

I seem to recall Peggy saying it's "forever and a day" away...from here anyway.

Sure was worth the trip though!

Scott

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2010, 10:35:49 PM »

kathy, you fly to here and I'll furnish the vehicle, gas, and meals to get there.
Piedmont Triad International Airport, Greensboro, NC. should have a direct flight or a minimum stopover from about any large airport you fly from.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2010, 10:51:08 PM »

http://www.southwest.com/travel_center/routemap_dyn.html?int=GSUBNAV-AIR-ROUTEMAP

which is closest?  how long is the drive?

Alexis de Tocqueville
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2010, 11:14:30 PM »

Raleigh-Durham would be closest, but 100 miles out of the way. Greenville-spartanburg would be on the way. I could pick you up there and continue on.

Where does Bud live? I can check the mileage.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2010, 11:18:07 PM »

Bud lives about 20 minutes from Macon,MS
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2010, 11:20:37 PM »

From Greenville to Macon is 426 miles.

*Shel Silverstein*
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2010, 03:35:02 AM »

I think I covered the flying part before, but here it is:

The ONLY flight near Bud's is to Meridian, MS (1.5 hour drive from Meridian to Buds) and the ONLY FLIGHT to Meridian, MS,  is from ATLANTA, GA. There are 2 flights a day, a 10:30am and a 9:15pm flight VIA DELTA.
There are NO other airlines that fly to Meridian, it is a local airport that has a hopper flight agreement with Delta only.

So Kathy (and all of us who fly) you need to book Atlanta no matter who you fly with and then Delta to Meridian.

It's a "you can't get there from here thing" I left out of Philadelphia, flew to Atlanta, then on the morning flight to Meridian so I didn't lose that whole first day. Kathy, you don't have to tell me how silly it is to fly from OR. to GA to go to MS, it is just the way it is.

I may not give away the bride, but booze me up and tell me I did, so I have stories to share when I get home  rolleyes

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
bud1
Field Bee

« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2010, 09:33:32 AM »

youall get her together and i will provide the convoy, corse it is going to be back roades to sneak all you yankeys into the county

to bee or not to bee
beee farmer
House Bee

« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2010, 10:11:18 PM »

Breaker Breaker there Rubber Ducky and 10-4 there good buddy....sounds like we got us a CONVOY! 

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do"  Benjamin Franklin
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next