Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 22, 2014, 09:08:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 billion dollar trip  (Read 1560 times)
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« on: November 05, 2010, 07:54:14 AM »

Days after the people sent a message to government about debt, spending, and waste among other things, we have a 10 day trip being taken by the Pres.

Whenever the pres goes outside the country, huge security and coordination issues are magnified. The ballpark figure has been suggested it costs about 200 million per day in additional costs. In an ironic way, we spend 200 million a day on such things as security for the pres to ward off the effects of a 10 cent bullet.

So within days of the election, we have a 2 billion dollar price tag for a nice trip to Asia.

Lets hope we get something for our investment....... rolleyes 

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com
VolunteerK9
Super Bee

Gamecock fan in UT land.

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 09:19:35 AM »

Oh I'm sure we will get something. Like 'screwed' again. i.e higher taxes on our exports and next to nothing tariffs on our imports.
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 03:28:13 PM »

Our investment in his trip?   We all know that my 4 year old son is paying for this trip, with borrowed asian dollars......
KD4MOJ
Field Bee

Bees... Motorcycles... amateur radio...

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 03:33:01 PM »

Don't even get me started on this subject.... grin

...DOUG
KD4MOJ
cbuchh48
New Bee

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010, 07:45:10 PM »

Days after the people sent a message to government about debt, spending, and waste among other things, we have a 10 day trip being taken by the Pres.

Whenever the pres goes outside the country, huge security and coordination issues are magnified. The ballpark figure has been suggested it costs about 200 million per day in additional costs. In an ironic way, we spend 200 million a day on such things as security for the pres to ward off the effects of a 10 cent bullet.

So within days of the election, we have a 2 billion dollar price tag for a nice trip to Asia.

Lets hope we get something for our investment....... rolleyes 

Really!?  You actually believe this??  You need to get at least some your news from someplace other than FOX. rolleyes
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2010, 09:18:40 PM »

So you deny the president took a trip huh?
Very interesting...... rolleyes

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2010, 09:32:20 PM »

The problem is anything someone does not want to believe, they blame it on Fox.

So here is a news story other than FOX.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2010/11/04/fuzzy-math-dogs-obamas-asia-trip/

Seems the price tag started with the Indian press story.

Then the white house denies the story without offering a real price tag. So much for transparency of the tax payers money. But hey, why would someone even care about that.  rolleyes

Then you have news reporters who only count the cost divided by the number of people over the 10 days. This does not allow for the prep teams, security on the ground for weeks prior to the arrival and other costs associated to before and after the trip. And if you ever did know what goes into a trip abroad, you would understand the costs.

Then comes along someone who thinks that a lower amount would suffice, and tries to justify, or claim the story is wrong, without proof of facts backing it up. Sounds like white house policy being rubbed off on beemaster members in some way.

So what is the actual cost? If you know, fess up. The white house is certainly not saying so.  rolleyes

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2010, 09:36:22 PM »

So what good is this trip going to do anyways?   Is it going to bring world peace over there or bring back American jobs?   What is the purpose of this trip or is there a golf course he has not played over there?
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2010, 09:37:31 PM »

Oh wait, I see now....you probably get your news from guys like this who point fingers and claim others to be crooks, blame everything on Bush, and spout the leftist ideals every day.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2010/11/05/msnbc-suspends-olbermann-over-political-donations/

lau

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2010, 09:39:04 PM »

So what good is this trip going to do anyways?   Is it going to bring world peace over there or bring back American jobs?   What is the purpose of this trip or is there a golf course he has not played over there?

Since he views more than half of the population here as "enemies" maybe he just feels better elsewhere....  grin

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
cbuchh48
New Bee

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2010, 10:42:48 PM »

I seemed to have touched a nerve. I'm just saying that anybody capable of thinking would reallize that the 2 billion figure is totally wrong no matter who put it out there...
content.usatoday.com/communities/theoval/post/2010/11/obamas-india-trip----not-as-expensive-as-you-may-have-heard/1

And no, he hasn't made the trip yet.

And, MSNBC has rules about such things and they should have suspended Kieth. But then Fox has candidates as politcal pundits. Go figure.  cool
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2010, 05:55:38 AM »

And, MSNBC has rules about such things and they should have suspended Kieth. But then Fox has candidates as political pundits. Go figure.  cool

Yes, FOX does allow donations. And so does MSNBC. So don't get all righteous over bashing FOX, after watching Rachel M.  Wink

Just as many MSNBC people  or any other news channel folks, give as FOX does. MSNBC just has certain requirements, which seems Keith can not follow. It wouldn't be anything at all, except for Keith's holier-than-thou approach. And now he can not even follow his own employment contract.

You turn this into a FOX vs. some other news thing, while attacking FOX. Except the truth is, all news channels allow contributions, just some with advance notice, prior approval, etc,. being required. All contributions are required to be listed. How do you think Rachel M and the other non-FOX PUNDITS have the list of contributors to begin with?

Now they (other news orgs)  claim, FOX is a political entity, while they are not. Because they have rules against donations. No they do not! They do allow them. Just as FOX does. But it seems some like Keith can not follow his own companies policies. While people at FOX do. Go figure.

Your article is about as useless as the claims made by the news organizations that are bashing FOX. It has nothing to back up anything it says, except, "We spend what we need too", and "we are not inclined to say how much it costs". Transparency and truth good enough for you maybe. I don't care if it's 125 million a day or 250 million a day. We can not even get the truth from the white house, and will just have to go along believing what we are told. And I think your missing some of the real issues. But hey, I give the "other" news outlets credit for "fooling some of the people some of the time".....  Wink With "real" reporters, unlike the "pundits" at FOX...  lau  Like Keith was not a political hack and pundit.... rolleyes

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
cbuchh48
New Bee

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2010, 09:09:57 AM »

Sorry, I didn't mean to turn this into Fox vs. Msnbc. I agree with you that Fox leans right and Msnbc is left. That's why I'm saying keep an open mind when reports like this are first released. I mostly watch Chris Matthews on Msnbc. He asks the hard questions and insists on an answer from either party. Very seldom watch Kieth or Rachael. I do like to tune into Glen Beck occasionally for a laugh...it's kind of like watching WWE, purely for entertainment.

Presidents have always made foreign trips and we are never told of the costs, that I'm aware of. In my feeble mind I'd say the real figure is probably around 5 mil. a day, but who knows. 200 mil a day? No, I don't think so. Just more negative propaganda.
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2010, 10:50:29 AM »

Here is a Clinton trip...

Latest Trip Pegged at $50 Million --

Most Expensive Presidential Trip Ever

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/907935/posts

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
L Daxon
Field Bee

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2010, 11:03:03 AM »

The White House not telling us, the taxpayer, the cost of this trip, speaks to the "transparency" that Obama pledged he would have in his administration.  NOT!

Now with regard to biased commentators on the TV? cable shows.  Just as there is a difference between the news section and the editorial page of a newspaper (or is supposed to be!!!), there is a difference between the various shows carried by the 24-hr cable networks.  O'Reilly, Hannity, Glen Beck, Olberman, Chris Matthews, etc. are not newsmen.  They are more like columnists would be to a newspaper and free to state "opinions" like you see carried on the editorial pages.  News anchors like Sheppard Smith or the Headline News Anchors at CNN or Katie Couric are the ones that are supposed to stay "opinion free."

But it is impossible to really be opinion free, even with hard news.  Just by choosing what stories make it into a broadcast and which ones don't, some bias is going to creep in, i.e. look at what Fox reports on vs what CBS, NBC or ABS carries tells you a lot.  The ACRON scandal is a very good example of the difference in the above named networks.  Fox ran with it from the beginning and really forced the mainstream media to eventually say something (but not much) about it.

linda d
Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2010, 11:11:39 AM »

I think my biggest issue with news of any kind is the line(s) between postulation, editorializing,fiction, and actual fact only oriented coverage have become so smudged that there is little to no distinction anymore as far as I can tell.
Show me video of the event (speech - whatever), maybe magnify what I'm looking for if needed, and save the commentary for someone who needs help figuring out what happened.
If it weren't for parrots and fish the newspaper industry would be dead already.

(Edited to fix a typo)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 05:35:02 PM by Bee Happy » Logged

be happy and make others happy.
cbuchh48
New Bee

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2010, 11:12:50 AM »

Thanks for that Jerrymac...probably puts my 5 million figure close.

And I totally agree with you ldaxon...that's why we have to keep an open mind.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2010, 11:46:27 AM »

i never saw the 200 million number mentioned on fox, but i did see the WH response to it as soon as it came out.  may i suggest that if your news primarily comes from CM (you must be one of the last viewers) you need to wonder about the news you are getting.  there are good reasons people are fleeing the networks and other cable news.   evil  

i don't think it's a nerve you have hit. it's just that i have yet to find anyone who complains about fox news, and has actually spent any time watching fox news.  that means they are parroting opinions from MSNBC, the Huff, etc.  

i don't have any investment in Fox news.  i don't care whether you like it.  i do challenge people to do as i was challenged to do years ago.  watch the news you usually watch and then watch the news on Fox.  i was amazed at the amount of info left out of other news stories.  you might find the same.  if not, you have lost nothing, but the next time you make a comment about Fox, it will be from  a more informed position.

BTW the original story was out of an Indian paper.  there have been quite a few written about the prez's trip and the tone seems a bit....cold....

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2010, 12:47:14 PM »

And no, he hasn't made the trip yet.

He has now:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/11/07/obama-encourage-india-pakistan-talks-trip/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next