Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 21, 2014, 03:58:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GOP Presidential wish list  (Read 4676 times)
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« on: November 04, 2010, 09:52:16 AM »

So who would you like to see as the GOP nominee?

My thoughts are as follows.....

Sarah Palin. No. Although I have great respect for her, I think she would be divisive. I think what she has done for the tea party is tremendous. I think she is a great promoter and can probably be very effective as the next RNC chairman.

Newt Gingrich. No. To much baggage and to divisive. I actually love the guy. But I don't think this would be a good selection.

Huckabee. No. A man of much respect and knowledge. I think he is dead on in many thoughts. But do we need a baptist minister in the white house?

McCain or any other old long lived politician....No.

Here are a few I would like to consider....

NJ Gov Christy. Like his passion and path to common sense. I would support him.

Bobby Jindal. His policies are spot on and I could also vote for him.

Mike Pence. Very respected and liked.

I think the republicans would be better with fresh blood, a younger candidate, and one with passion and an independent new voice. There are several up and coming republicans that I think will quickly get a shot in the near future, but perhaps not this time around.

Interesting to ponder, but I'm not sold....

D. Trump. May have the guts to actually do what is right and run the country as a business.

I'm sure I missed a few good possible candidates. So who do you think would be a possibility, or what do you think of those mentioned?

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 09:55:33 AM »

i have been pretty impressed with Eric Cantor so far.  we should probably see how some of these new gov's do also.  there are a couple who look like they might be something. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 10:58:36 AM »

Anyone that would be a great choice is too smart to take the job.   Why when they can make it in the private sector?  I don't know if there is one out there in office that I like.
bigbearomaha
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 11:09:44 AM »

Why when they can make it in the private sector?

This is my concern...

Why must it be about money?  Why isn't a person doing it for the good of the community, seeing it as a "civic duty" good enough?

I'm not picking on you Allen, the idea of money holding back good people is very common.

I question though how did it come about that politicians have made the government service environment so 'negative' that it isn't palatable to someone who is seen as successful or having the skills to be a good elected representative.

I guess I am just 'wishing' out loud for the time that someone would take elected office because they beleive in doing a good job instead of it being an opportunity to make money  and gain power.

I don't see anyone in any political party who fits that description.   I just see more and more criminal liars and people seeking to take advantage of their office for personal gain.

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 11:41:05 AM »

i think a lot of people do run for the good of the country, state, whatever.  it's probably more true at the state level.  look at some of the people who won this time.  they all have given up the life they had, and some gave up some pretty good careers, to run.  the real question is: are they incorruptible? seems many who "serve" are not.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 12:09:57 PM »

its not just the money issue.
I think more do not run because of the attacks the media will throw out. Lets just pick a former CEO everyone knows Bill Gates
most people like him he gives to charity maybe a little to liberal for me but for the sake of argument lets say he wins the Rep nomination to run against obama

First thing will be the media investigations into everything his company did while he was ceo. Next the media and left will go after his personal history, so he will end up having to answer to everything he ever did wrong in his life maybe these are indiscretions his family might not know about and he would rather keep it that way. Clinton had to answer about smoking a joint in college twenty thirty years ago. Bush had to answer to  a DWI when he was in school also 30 years ago neither incident had anything to do with the run for office. Except to hurt their ratings versus a challenger, personal attacks pure and simple. Everyone did something stupid in the past

Finally if elected he makes 400k versus the millions he would normally make

Keith
VolunteerK9
Super Bee

Gamecock fan in UT land.

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 12:29:23 PM »

Finally if elected he makes 400k versus the millions he would normally make

Keith

Yeah, but show me a recent, past president that has ever left office in worse financial shape than before he entered.
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2010, 12:37:10 PM »

not saying they would be worse off, if anything look at the perks they get. Lifetime of servan..... errrr secret service agents, pension ,book deals, public speaking yeah they do ok. I think Jimmy Carter came out of office broke but not sure, I heard something to that effect somewhere

Keith
thebalvenie
House Bee

Vote Ron Paul!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2010, 12:40:23 PM »

Ron Paul for pres...the most consistent congressman in office...his voting record, his platform, and actions all speak for themselves.  if you don't know much about this guy then check him out if you have a moment. 

Wink

"Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito"
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2010, 01:57:58 PM »

Obama never really made big money until he got into the Senate and started writing books.   Clinton never made money until he got out of office and got his lawyers paid off.   I think the 2 Bushes had money going into office.   And Reagan was going down hill before he got out of office.

Powell got out of politics and is making the dough now giving speeches.   I would have liked to see him run.  Newt is writing books as fast as they can print them.  And he knows his stuff and could run a country.  The list can just go on....
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2010, 04:44:52 PM »

Powell

really?

Alexis de Tocqueville
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2010, 06:37:21 PM »

I can only hope whoever comes forward isn't completely full of the "political correctness" crap. We need someone who will call a rat a rat and not a cute little mouse.
 I think we need to raise kids with thicker skin to better prepare them for real life when they grow up and we need someone to stand up and say the nanny state is over. We can not afford all these feel goodisms any more.
  Instead of pandering to every little wimper,we need to start telling people to suck it up and move on.
 I am far from the most eloquent writer, but I believe I get my point across.
Does any one else feel this way or am I sailing alone in the ocean?
David McLeod
Field Bee

Georgia's Full Service Wildlife Solution

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2010, 07:21:24 PM »

Your not alone. I would like to see a strong charactered person like the stereotypical John Wayne role that said whatever came to mind at the moment. Something like when Cheney told Leahy to go ---- himself. LOL
Someone like that would be a very refreshing breath of fresh air to hear it straight from the gut for once rather than the measured words of a bottom feeder. Unfortunately someone like that would be branded the worst sort of bigot, racist, chauvanist, homophobe, islamaphobe and definitions yet to be created by the real haters in the media.
The best examples in recent memory were Zell Miller of Georgia, wasn't it wonderful to see him challenge Chris Matthews to a duel on national TV, and Ronaldus Magnus who could turn a phrase or tell a joke that hit directly home.

Georgia Wildlife Services,Inc
Georgia's Full Service Wildlife Solution
Atlanta (678) 572-8269 Macon (478) 227-4497
www.atlantawildliferemoval.net
georgiawildlifeservices@gmail.com
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2010, 07:30:26 PM »

problem is that as much as we say we want non-political types, we don't aways seem willing to vote for them.  they next president is still going to have a lot of this mess to deal with and  he/she is going to have to be a really strong leader with a very clear vision of how to (continue) to get us back on track. 

Alexis de Tocqueville
troutstalker2
House Bee

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2010, 08:49:11 PM »

My personal choice would be Mitt Romney. He has alot of executive experience in the private sector and  was a governor. I've always been impressed with him. We need a President that knows how manage something.

David
fish_stix
House Bee

« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2010, 08:58:17 PM »

Ever heard of Romneycare? The health care boondoggle that Romney saddled Mass. with, that's bankrupting the state, just like Obamacare is going to do to all of us.
Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2010, 08:59:26 PM »

I would be the fool to vote for a straight talker. Just imagine how much time there would be to talk about real issues if a false claim (Like the "taliban[ray?] ads) were met with gems like "They're full of crap." - and then on to the issues.

be happy and make others happy.
VolunteerK9
Super Bee

Gamecock fan in UT land.

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2010, 09:36:07 AM »

The problem is that by the time they have made it to the top, the candidate has already promised every special interest group that they have came in contact with the moon. I'm all for another Teddy Roosevelt but it would be terribly hard for one to come out now I think.
thebalvenie
House Bee

Vote Ron Paul!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2010, 09:47:16 AM »

so none of you think ron paul is a viable choice?  just another whacko? 

hmm

"Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito"
L Daxon
Field Bee

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2010, 10:40:05 AM »

Governor Christy from NJ is as close to a straight talker as I have seen in a while.  He doesn't seem to be pulling too many punches and is actually making progress with budget, unions, etc.

The problem with higher political office is that by the time someone has been around long enough to be considered for president, he/she has pretty much learned to speak out of both sides of their mouths.  If you listen to what Obama says, I usually agree with a lot of it. (aren't speech writers/teleprompters great?)  but when you look at what he has done, it is a disaster.

Reagan was good because he knew what he believed and had a solid political philosophy to steer the ship of state from.  You didn't have to guess where he stood or what he was going to do next.

....And Ron Paul isn't a wacko.  He just doesn't nuance every statement so people hearing it can read whatever they want into it the way Obama does.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 02:44:36 PM by ldaxon » Logged

linda d
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next