Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 20, 2014, 12:22:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Web ring popups  (Read 3189 times)
Bee-Bop
Field Bee

« on: November 04, 2010, 09:29:31 AM »

What the heck is the deal with these continuous stupid Web Ring pop ups on this Beemaster site !!

Once it starts I can't get rid of it !!

OVER & OVER & OVER

Bee-Bop

" If Your not part of the genetic solution of breeding mite-free bees, then You're part of the problem "
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 09:52:01 AM »

same thing here.  happens sometimes, not others.  i end up going to beemaster.com and entering the forums from there.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 11:05:04 AM »

I am not getting any popups.
Shawn
Queen Bee

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 11:31:50 AM »

I was getting them. I went in and deleted my browsing history and they did nto come back. Have not seen anything pop up for awhile now.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 11:42:13 AM »

i have done that, but it still happens.  not often, but annoying when it does.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
nella
House Bee

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 12:40:24 PM »

This is what I use to clean up my computer an it seems to work very well(free).

http://www.stevengould.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=15&Itemid=69
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 06:57:49 PM by nella » Logged
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 12:53:24 PM »

in this case, i don't think it's a computer cleaning thing.  it's not really a pop up either.  it's a re-direction.  i think it's just a glitch in the web ring program.

Alexis de Tocqueville
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2010, 01:52:45 PM »

I am running Mozilla.  I wonder if that has something to do with it since I am not seeing it pop up.   I had it one time months ago (about when Beemaster got his new computer) and that was it. 
Bee-Bop
Field Bee

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2010, 05:13:24 PM »

I'm running Mozilla, and the durn things just keep reappearing. Over & Over & Over

Seems to happen most when I'm scrolling down.
The only way to stop them is to close the window.
In the past week has happened 4-5 times.
I'd like to tell them were they can put their "Web Bee Ring"

Bee-Bop

" If Your not part of the genetic solution of breeding mite-free bees, then You're part of the problem "
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2010, 06:11:40 PM »

I run firefox and have never had this happen.Did you go under the tools menu at the top of the browser,select options then check the block popups box?
 I also run adbloc plus,but not sure if it is still a free program for download.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865/
Bee-Bop
Field Bee

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2010, 12:37:04 PM »

Nov. 9

Add blocker is on and working !
Still getting this bee web ring page coming from some place, when on Beemaster.com forum.

Bee-Bop

Here is what keeps showing up !!

http://www.webring.org/hub?ring=beemastersbackya

Sean Kelly
Field Bee

I Pick; Therefore I Grin

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2010, 01:00:13 PM »

Started happening to me now too.
I used to also be able to access the forum from my smart phone but now says my IP has been put on a blocked list.

Sean Kelly

"My son,  eat  thou honey,  because it is good;  and the honeycomb,  which is sweet  to thy taste"          - Proverbs 24:13
winginit
House Bee

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2010, 01:23:37 PM »

I kept getting it last night, so just quit trying to get on to Beemaster. Today I had no problem. Same thing a few days ago. It's not a pop-up, it's a redirection.

It could be a virus on my computer but seems more likely that it's coming from the forum.

Sometimes I can't even open the forum--it flashes on the forum then redirects immediately. The speed of the redirect might be a clue as to whether this is on my computer or the forum. But if it's a virus on my computer, then it seems like a virus that was designed just for Beemaster as this doesn't happen on any other site.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2010, 01:31:02 PM »

when it has happened to me, i go to beemaster.com and enter the forum from there.  that seems to do the trick.  has not happened for a few days, but it's pretty aggravating when it does.

ran ccleaner, spybot, and virus program and found nothing on my computer other than the usual crap.

Alexis de Tocqueville
KD4MOJ
Field Bee

Bees... Motorcycles... amateur radio...

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2010, 03:19:14 PM »

I'm running Chrome and have not had it happen. I also don't see the webring thing either...

...DOUG
KD4MOJ
Bee-Bop
Field Bee

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2010, 03:33:23 PM »

At least it isn't just me !

Look's like its has to do with Beemaster.com,only happens on this forum !

Get's dern tiresome.

Hope their checking in to it,

Bee-Bop

Robo
Technical
Administrator
Galactic Bee

Beekeep On!

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2010, 05:22:25 PM »

I don't know why this is happening, and can't reproduce it.  I have made some adjustments today to see if it helps.  Please let me know if you still get it.

Rob....

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Bee-Bop
Field Bee

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2010, 07:41:20 PM »

Robo;

I tried to use the forum this evening [ Tue. 11-9 about 5:45 Central ] silly thing kept coming on about 6 or 7 times !

I gave the address of the darn thing a couple of posts back.

I click the back arrow, forum comes on for a second, and then it pops right back again.
After about 6-7 times I gave up, turned off modem, about 6:25 turned on modem and here I am, so far about 6:34 and has not happened yet.

Thanks
Bee-Bop

Just noticed at the bottom of this page, is a { add ? } for the silly
Huh? BeeMasters International Beekeeping WebRing Huh?? that keeps appearing,how are they connected ?

winginit
House Bee

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2010, 08:09:19 PM »

I have that ad, too.

"Beemaster's International Beekeeping WebRing" in a box (with Beemaster logo) at the bottom left. Do you have that Robo?
Robo
Technical
Administrator
Galactic Bee

Beekeep On!

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2010, 09:49:10 PM »

Yes the link (box at the bottom)  has always been there.   Some seem to be seeing a pop-up/redirect that is not something we have done.

Please keep me informed if you keep getting the pop-up, while I try to isolate the issue.

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next