Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 21, 2014, 11:31:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm still alive!!!  (Read 2078 times)
Sean Kelly
Field Bee

I Pick; Therefore I Grin

« on: November 02, 2010, 12:27:50 AM »

Wow, it's been forever since I last posted anything here.  I'm still alive if anyone cares.  Been SUPER busy at work, haven't had much time for anything remotely fun.
My bees are good, got 7 gallons this year from my two hives.  Come spring I will be adding at least 4 more (already have the $$ put aside).
Hope everyone's doing good!  Is ventrilo still up?

Sean Kelly

"My son,  eat  thou honey,  because it is good;  and the honeycomb,  which is sweet  to thy taste"          - Proverbs 24:13
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 09:27:34 AM »

Sean, I care, smiling that big smile.  This is a funny thing.  I haven't been on our forum very much over the past many months.  Last night I was thinking about some of the old time members, and there are so many, and wondering if there were any of us that haven't been on the forum very much either.  And guess, what, you were one of the ones that came to my mind.  Just a little diddy about things that go around in my mind.  You did well with the honey gain this year, good on ya.  Remember that you had so many issues and lost all your colonies, but sounds like you are up and running and getting bees happening well again, good!!  Have that most awesome day, with love, with health, Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 09:59:28 AM »

i care too.  we PNW folks have to stick together.  that's pretty good off two hives!  it was a good year for us.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 10:05:01 AM »

Hey man, I think of you whenever the commercials for Ice Road Truckers come on. You still drivin' your rig?

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
Sean Kelly
Field Bee

I Pick; Therefore I Grin

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 12:43:34 PM »

Thanks guys!!!  Yeah, I've been pretty disconnected from just about everything lately.  I also got a new toy (Jeep Wagoneer) that I've been working on that has most of my attention lately.  But I've got a couple new friends that have shown a real strong interest in beekeeping that has kinda rekindled my own interests. 

Yeah Cindi, loosing 5 of my 7 hives was a real downer and I think that's where I kinda fell out.

JP, still driving tanker truck for the same company... kinda.  We got bought out by Kenan Advantage Tank Lines and became KAG West.  Still the same job, just different uniform and a better paycheck.  I FINALLY went to day shift which is also part of why I'm not on here very much any more.  Don't have the alone free time like I did on night shift. 

But I'm going to try and make an effort to hang out here more often.  You guys are awesome, real great friends all over the country.. and world!!!

Sean Kelly

"My son,  eat  thou honey,  because it is good;  and the honeycomb,  which is sweet  to thy taste"          - Proverbs 24:13
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 05:51:27 PM »

Day Shift?  Well that leaves more evenings for for your ole ventrilo frinds. Inviteyour new interest friends in for a chat!!
  Glad to hear all is well,it has been  a while.
AliciaH
Field Bee

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2010, 11:28:03 PM »

Well, HELLO, Sean Kelly!  Glad you are back!  I'm right around the corner from you and glad to meet someone on the site in my neighborhood!  Congratulations moving to day shift and getting the raise, more money for those bees!
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2010, 11:16:00 AM »

Yeah Cindi, loosing 5 of my 7 hives was a real downer and I think that's where I kinda fell out.
Sean Kelly

Way to go Sean, you had the butt kick, but you kicked right back.  Keeping that chin up, never giving up -- look what it brought you, the nectar of the heavens above, honey.....glad that you didn't give up completely and you are gung ho on gung ho.  Beautiful days, love, peace and health.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Sean Kelly
Field Bee

I Pick; Therefore I Grin

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2010, 02:43:50 PM »

Well, HELLO, Sean Kelly!  Glad you are back!  I'm right around the corner from you and glad to meet someone on the site in my neighborhood!  Congratulations moving to day shift and getting the raise, more money for those bees!

Hey, way cool!  Another person from the plateau!!!  There's another one of us on here, Jody (poka-bee).  She also lives in Buckley.

Day Shift?  Well that leaves more evenings for for your ole ventrilo frinds. Inviteyour new interest friends in for a chat!!
  Glad to hear all is well,it has been  a while.

I've signed onto Ventrilo a couple times and no one's ever on.  I'll keep trying.  smiley

Sean Kelly

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2010, 08:45:43 PM »

Sean, those east coasters must be gone by the time i can get on also.  sometimes there are a few folks on.  bud is usually there.  also seems that others come on when they see a couple of people in there, so it's worth it to hop in and see who joins.  besides, talking to bud is always great!   grin

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Sean Kelly
Field Bee

I Pick; Therefore I Grin

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2010, 11:20:13 PM »

I talked with Bud a little today while I was in line to load my truck.  I finally replaced my broken laptop so mobile internet is back too.

Sean Kelly

buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2010, 06:15:03 PM »

what time you left coasters grin grin prefer to chat!!
Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2010, 10:18:49 AM »

That hurt Ken  grin Wink

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
Sean Kelly
Field Bee

I Pick; Therefore I Grin

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2010, 07:15:42 AM »

lol....  left coasters.... 

Sean Kelly

buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2010, 07:27:19 AM »

We are having breakfast club on ventrilo right now! 7:27 am eastern
poka-bee
Super Bee

I am NEVER bored!!

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2010, 12:03:45 AM »

Sean I think of you everytime I'm workin the farm & see bees.  I wonder if they are mine or yours!  The girls are probably big now and have opinions on everything I'm sure!  I have 2 hives on Jens farm.  Didn't take any honey cause they were new this spring.  Haven't been to a bee meeting in forever & 5 days, how bout you?  You will be amazed at how much better you feel on days, specially with kids!  For most people day sleeping just isn't the same. Have fun w/your jeep project!

Jody

I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2010, 10:22:45 AM »

Jody,  Sad, where have you been?  You haven't been here since May, what you been up to?  Make a post, have a beautiful and most awesome of a day, with health, peace, Cindi

Sean Kelly
Field Bee

I Pick; Therefore I Grin

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2010, 11:57:05 AM »

Jody, I haven't been to the PC Beek's club since I last saw you there.  lol.  I'm planning on going next month, you wanna go?  I signed up for the Journeyman level class but never did any of the work.  Now that I'm on day shift I should have a little more time to work on it.
Where are your hives at Jen's farm?  They must be hiding someplace.  I don't think they affected my honey production since I got 7 gallons from my two hives this year and I didn't even try.  lol
Yeah, the girls are growing like weeds.  Grace started kindergarten this year and June has grown into a holy terror!  lol. 
Workin on the Jeep today, gunna try and finish rebuilding the brakes.  If there's time I need to replace the blower motor resistor for the heater so the fan works.  I think I'm gunna create a "build thread" in the outdoor section here.    grin

Sean Kelly

AliciaH
Field Bee

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2010, 04:10:50 PM »

PCBA, right?  Contact Louis Matej at the website.  They're restructuring the journeyman meetings, which is hard because there's so much individual study involved.  Starting in January, the journeymen students that are interested will be meeting from 6:45 - 7:15, before the general meeting.  You'll have to ask Louis to describe the location to you; it's on campus, but across the street (in front) of the Allmendinger Building.  I think one of the first things that will be discussed is what we'll want to do with our meeting time.

Hope you guys decide to come!
Sean Kelly
Field Bee

I Pick; Therefore I Grin

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2010, 09:18:46 PM »

AliciaH,

Jody and I have been going to the PCBA meetings for a couple years now, we just havent been in a few months.  We both completed the Apprentice level last year and started the Journeyman level last Jan.  I'm very familiar with the club's website since I'm the Web Editor for the clubs site.  My pic is on the Officer's page.  lol

I'll be there December.  Will be brining a friend from work too!  Look forward to meeting you! 

Sean Kelly

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next