Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 22, 2014, 07:34:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "PLEASE DON'T PEE ON MY LEG AND TELL ME IT'S RAINING."  (Read 5472 times)
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2010, 06:44:10 AM »

Let me get this straight....

So we let the imported pythons grow and grow, and when they start destroying the natural habitat, run amuck, kill family pets, and start endangering our children, we stand back and suggest because many of the snakes that were already here that never harmed anyone (or at least most did not), we should also let these pythons take over and accept it?

You may not get the above post if not from Florida.

If you have a problem you deal with it. You don't rationalize it, slice and dice it, appease it, or hide your head in the sand. And if you have two problems, you deal with both. You don't use one problem to justify acceptance of the other. Is it that hard to comprehend. But to stand and argue which is the bigger problem, makes neither problem go away.

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2010, 07:04:15 AM »

Ft. Hood,World Trade Center,Lockerbie,1993 world trade center attack,Ft Dix,5 /8/07, and I think after the 9/11 attacks that flight 800 should be investigated further.These attacks go after large groups of people.And the American people are not proud of the homegrown terrorists and would likely lock up more of them if we weren't so 'compassionate".
 It seems our justice system seems more bent on trying to "reform" than serve justice.
tecumseh
House Bee

« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2010, 08:09:56 AM »

bulldog writes:
this is the first i have heard of this. i might be inclined to believe that a certain portion of white America may have danced at mlk's death, although i never heard anything about it, but kennedy ? did this really happen or are you fabricating ?

tecumseh:
I do fabricate, but only in metal and only with a hot welding rod in my hand.

I seem to recall a picture in Life Magazine of southern fraternity member (Mississippi was the location I think) dancing when they announced that Kennedy was dead.  This was long before the days of photo shop so I assume the photograph was not manufactured.

I am 'the panther that passes in the night'... tecumseh.
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2010, 08:46:00 AM »

Let me get this straight....

Wow, you are such an islamophobic bigot to call all Muslims snakes.  People like you don't belong in America.

rolleyes
The French and the rest of europe is in the stranglehold of pythons.

Rick
beek4018
House Bee

« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2010, 09:18:55 AM »

Bee Happy,

I said worldwide, not on one battlefield.
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2010, 10:39:44 AM »

Are we picking nits?  beat a dead horse

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2010, 02:17:10 PM »

Bee Happy,

I said worldwide, not on one battlefield.

Of course, which I took to mean "overall total"

be happy and make others happy.
David McLeod
Field Bee

Georgia's Full Service Wildlife Solution

« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2010, 11:29:47 AM »

My point was that profiling is a fairly inaccurate tool for meting out justice.

I will choose to disagree. It can be quite accurate applied appropriately. A simplistic example that I am acutely aware of occured during my time in the service. While performing morning inspections of the barracks my drill sargeant found trash in a trash can (contrary to what one may think a trash can in a barracks SHOULD NOT contain trash at any time) since he did not have the time nor inclination to determine the exact identity of the offender but he did know it was a young male recruit under his charge he decided to drop the his entire platoon into the front leaning rest position and leave them there to consider the finer points of barracks room maintenance. I guarantee there was never trash in that trash can again. It even works when the offender(s) are known and repeated individual efforts fail. The same drill observed poorly made bunks on repeat occasions and as only one recruit per occupied said bunks the identity was known and corrective actions taken. That failing, the entire platoon was again given the opportunity to consider the failings of a few. In this case predjudicial profiling got the desired result, though we were sure not to leave any marks.

Profiling works quite well in my experience.

Georgia Wildlife Services,Inc
Georgia's Full Service Wildlife Solution
Atlanta (678) 572-8269 Macon (478) 227-4497
www.atlantawildliferemoval.net
georgiawildlifeservices@gmail.com
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2010, 11:35:42 AM »

of course you can't leave trash in the trash can.  it makes a mess when the Gunny pitches the trash can down the center of the barracks!  trash on the floor will have all cleaning and waxing that floor on your hands and knees.   evil

profiling is one tool in the tool kit.  intel is many pieces leading to a best guess.  sorting intel is not a science.  it's an art.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next