Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 25, 2014, 01:10:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NPR is a joke  (Read 6817 times)
Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« Reply #80 on: October 27, 2010, 10:36:59 PM »

..I might also guess some folks missed how the american approval rating of the war went quickly south when Clayton Powell informed folks ...
I know I dont have any solid proof other than timing, but I think a major factor along the same time as no WMDS to be found (with a peculiar refusal on the part of 'the media' to emphasize that Hussein was playing a shell game with fake WMDs to keep Iran at bay, while telling the truth that he had no WMDs - he was still unable to do anything to prove it for certain - forced to continue the shell game to keep Iran from "uniting" them back into 'Persia'.)
         ON TOP OF: a bunch of college students (whose motives I think are unclear to me and deeply suspicious at best) stringing together a conspiracy theory that 9-11 was a false-flag attack using garbage data like the presence of sulfur (from drywall) and claiming that it was from thermite (in spite of other critical chemical residues starkly  missing) and the use of |cleanup demolition pictures| of torch-cut I-beams to dupe the ignorant  into believing some thermite had been used and when challenged over the absent other residue - they simply pulled a 'top secret super duper ultra untraceable' thermite from about the same place their heads were lodged. and then "expert testimony" from people that the airliners were military or missiles - like the overheard voice of some random chick in a video whose military analysis credentials probably included - how to elbow your way through line at a shoe sale. (I don't want to go further into this with anyone who supports the 9-11 conspiracy 'theory', simply because I've been there before and it's almost as big a PIA as a religious conversion)

Americans of today have plenty of skill, backbone, and tactical ability in war, but parts of our civilian population can be the most pliable dimwits on the planet.  

be happy and make others happy.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #81 on: October 27, 2010, 10:45:53 PM »

he was still unable to do anything to prove it for certain - forced to continue the shell game to keep Iran from "uniting" them back into 'Persia'.)

i would only change that to unwilling and chose.  if you consider that Saddam and his regime kept detailed records on everything else done, it is not likely that he did not document the disposal of WMD.  if you read the UN inspection reports,  he played the inspectors at every turn.  it is true that he wanted iran to believe that he had WMD, but he seemed to think it was a good thing if everyone thought that.  it's also hard to believe that he didn't use that year of us dinking around with the UN to his advantage.

population can be the most pliable dimwits on the planet. 

grin  the French were not particularly helpful either.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Bee Happy
Super Bee

« Reply #82 on: October 27, 2010, 10:53:39 PM »

he was still unable to do anything to prove it for certain - forced to continue the shell game to keep Iran from "uniting" them back into 'Persia'.)

i would only change that to unwilling and chose.  if you consider that Saddam and his regime kept detailed records on everything else done, it is not likely that he did not document the disposal of WMD.  if you read the UN inspection reports,  he played the inspectors at every turn.  it is true that he wanted iran to believe that he had WMD, but he seemed to think it was a good thing if everyone thought that.  it's also hard to believe that he didn't use that year of us dinking around with the UN to his advantage.

population can be the most pliable dimwits on the planet. 

grin  the French were not particularly helpful either.

I wouldn't disagree with your assertions on hussein, I just decided to give him more benefit of doubt than he was really entitled to.

as to France, I remember someone whose military opinion I valued greatly telling me during the first Iraq war to note the role the French were given, tactically designed to be able to continue easily without them because of their historical penchant for deciding at the last minute that their help wasn't all that good an idea after all.

hardwood
Galactic Bee

Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude

« Reply #83 on: October 27, 2010, 10:56:23 PM »

Classified ad:

"For sale, french military rifle
Never fired
Dropped once"

Scott

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
Bee Happy
Super Bee

« Reply #84 on: October 27, 2010, 11:06:58 PM »

To be fair to the French, for a long time before and a while after Napoleon - only the stupidest people on the planet dared to mess with them.
I think they're still capable, but today tend to overthink their resolve - which brings us back to the actual topic - the French have a burqua ban, in itself kind of a weak approach to the real problem, but I think they're beginning to wise up.

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #85 on: October 27, 2010, 11:12:58 PM »

i was thinking of the "documentary" that was done in France showing how the hole in the Pentagon was to small to have been made by a plane.  guess whoever made that, had never stood in front of the building to realize that you can't judge it's size from pictures.

it's true that the French were a force to be reckoned with at one time.  even Churchill thought that salvation from Germany would depend, in large part, on the French.  unfortunately, France never really modernized it's military after ww1 and after ww2 they put their energy into becoming a social welfare state. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #86 on: October 28, 2010, 02:07:34 PM »

This started with Juan Williams saying something about people dressed in Muslim garb on planes. Then later on "The View" Whoopie Goldberg walked off the stage because of Bill O'Rilley not using the term "Radical" Muslims.

You know... A few days ago Osama Bin Laden called on the Muslims to attack Americans. There was no huge out cry that he didn't use the term "Radical" Muslims.

There was some talk it would probably not get much response... Fall on deaf ears... stuff like that.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
Bee Happy
Super Bee

« Reply #87 on: October 28, 2010, 03:32:30 PM »

I bet someone can give actual percentages, but even in military forces who are actively in a declared all out war are not ALL combat troops. I bet the number of 'combat support' who may wind up in a fight but whose jobs wouldn't normally involve direct combat would be surprising.
I'd compare bombers to tanks or - bombers, rioters to grunt infantry, 'peaceful protesters' to front-line cooks, supply, etc. and then the Mullahs to generals combined in many cases with psy-ops and 'foreign relations'
I think Juan, voicing an honest opinion, with no consideration to ANYTHING that shaped his political factional leanings he EVER said in the past, has a case to sue for wrongful dismissal.
(I know some folks have a fundamental issue with bringing suit to people, and so do I - if a person wrongs you purely by  mistake - let it go, but if a group, a company, or organization ABUSES your right(s), wilfully 'attacking' you solely because they can - hit them in the wallet - hard.)

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #88 on: October 28, 2010, 05:30:55 PM »

that was the point of one of the annalists talking about % of radicals.  you might only have a couple million willing to die, but behind them you have many more willing to give financial, technical, and moral support.  among those, are some governments and majorities of certain sects of the religion.  
you have some, like that nut in Iran, who believe they need to throw the world into chaos to usher in the 12th Imam.  those who understand his beliefs think that when he has a nuke he'll use it.  he sees himself as John  the Baptist to the invisible Imams return.  others who just believe it is their calling to convert or kill all.
 it's also worth noting that the only guarantee of paradise for them is to be martyred.  other than that, their entrance into paradise is based on deeds and they won't know if they  made it until they die.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Bee Happy
Super Bee

« Reply #89 on: October 28, 2010, 09:18:25 PM »

understanding taqiyya and the law of abrogation has settled the argument entirely for me.
(I know I'm being redundant without being specific posting this in yet another thread, but people have to discover this information for themselves.)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next