Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 24, 2014, 12:36:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I love it!  (Read 762 times)
Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« on: October 25, 2010, 10:06:24 PM »

I may be double posting this, if someone else put if up and I missed it but I think it's great news.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/voters-defy-debate-moderator-to-make-pledge-of-allegiance/
The moderator b****ed some more at the audience afterwards too - I'm not astounded at wll about where this twit is coming from, but why would ANYONE running for office in THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA - refuse to affirm allegiance to the country with the flag as proxy. "..And to the republic, for which it stands." I think if you refuse to pledge your plans for office are suspect. She was offended at being "disrespected" personally, but had no problem telling the crowd off...
so alll I have to say is HA HA!  - HA HA!  -HA!

be happy and make others happy.
AliciaH
Field Bee

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 10:35:52 PM »

There's a part when she's speaking where she starts to say, "...has never been part of....", and is cut off.  Not knowing how this forum is usually run is irrelevant, however.  Is the opposing party in any debate going to take advantage and make a candidate look bad?  You bet.  So when the man stood up and asked, "Are we going to start with the Pledge of Allegiance?", it doesn't matter what procedurally had or had not been done before, her smartest answer would have been, "Yup, you bet we are!"  It would have ended right there.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 10:49:07 PM »

that was my thought, and then she goes on about it after. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 11:29:03 PM »

I remember My mom telling me that there was a time when both the dominant parties were adamantly American, and their political dialogue was really about who thought they had the best approach to a stronger, more prosperous, better America; now it seems there are lots of folks in politics who despise America, and cover it with a thin, watery - "don't get me wrong, I love America -BUT...." (Best discerned by interpreting their actions, and ignoring their words. IMO)

be happy and make others happy.
bulldog
House Bee

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 06:37:10 PM »

she probably just didn't want to offend all the illegals that wouldn't understand what was being said

Confucius say "He who stand on toilet is high on pot"
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2010, 07:58:05 PM »

She did not want to spend the time to do it because she was missing Dancing with the Stars on TV.   grin  Had to get home early. 
vermmy35
Field Bee

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2010, 09:23:55 PM »

She is a former leader of Acorn and hates America, that is the truth.  She wanted nothing more, than to belittle everyone in the audience.

Semper Fi to all my brothers out there
http://gettingbacktocountryliving.blogspot.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next