Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 29, 2014, 12:53:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Event  (Read 1820 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« on: September 29, 2010, 02:12:02 PM »

i think i like this show.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 02:21:37 PM »

I watched the first episode. Fixing to go watch the 2nd in a while.

I thought the whole time the plane was coming towards them that the scene was done wrong. All the wind and the shaking seemed more like they were behind the thing when it was taking off.

And then at the end it was..... "OH! That is why all the wind and shaking".  shocked

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
AliciaH
Field Bee

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 03:38:38 PM »

I watched the first episode but haven't finished the second, yet.  I was a bit worried when they started jumping around in time.  It's why I quit watching "Lost".  But they don't seem to stay there for long periods of time (like entire episodes) and the story keeps moving, so I'm gonna keep with it.  I've liked it so far!
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 03:48:13 PM »

Just finished both episodes.    Planes and time travel?   I think I might like this show.   (I liked Lost a lot, brother.)
winginit
House Bee

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 11:55:41 AM »

Like it! Even if it is a knock off of Lost.

Also, I can admit it, I love Hawaii 5-0. It has the cheesy element, done much better than the original. And I can't wait for the music. I remember dancing to it with my cousin when we were was 11. Turns out that music is as imprinted in my brain as the Coke brand. Who knew? Well, I guess the producers did. Brilliant marketing, a bit manipulative, but you gotta hand it to them. NeuroMarketing, an insidious but fascinating trend.
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 02:14:51 PM »

Just as long as the show keeps you guessing where you can not figure out what is going to happen next, it should sell.   How many seasons before they tell us what the event is?
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2010, 02:22:00 PM »

we are being prepared for the truth  evil

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2010, 02:22:54 PM »

Is the truth out there?  I never found it watching x files.
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2010, 06:12:52 PM »

My wife started watching it with me last night and said, what is this Lost?   She didn't like it, too scattered, she said.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2010, 07:20:59 PM »

the first episode jumped a lot.  by the 3rd, it smoothed out and was easier to follow.  the farther it goes the more i like it, but i was always a sucker for the scifi stuff.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2010, 07:30:34 PM »

Is the truth out there?  I never found it watching x files.

They said it's "out there" I guess it still is.

be happy and make others happy.
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2010, 08:57:06 PM »

Ok, just talked the wife into watching it tonight when it comes on in 5 minutes.  I had to promise her that I would turn it if polar bears came out.  rolleyes  One more time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next