Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 18, 2014, 03:34:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brenda's Forever Roasted Pork  (Read 625 times)
Stlnifr
House Bee

« on: September 28, 2010, 07:52:42 PM »

Brenda's Forever Roasted Pork  (Serves about Cool
Ingredients 
2 medium onions, peeled
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt and black pepper
1/2 cup water
8 to 9 pounds pork leg or shoulder, at room temperature
About 1/4 cup your favorite spices mixed
Directions

Thinly slice the onions. Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat until hot. Add the onions and a pinch of salt and pepper. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for about 2 minute. Cook until the onions cease throwing off water, about 6 minutes. Add the water, cover, and cook until the onions are very tender, about 10 minutes. Uncover and sauté until the onions are very soft and the pan is dry again, about 5 minutes. Season well with salt and pepper.
Preheat the oven to 275 degrees. Peel back the pork skin and spread the onions directly on the fat layer. Fold the skin back over the onions and tie closed with string. Season well all over with your favorite spices.
Arrange the meat on a rack in a roasting pan with skin up and cook until the meat is very tender about 8 hours. It is ready when it pulls away easily if picked at with a pair of tongs. I place mine in oven at 9 PM and take out at 6 AM. It does not need to be attended at this temperature.
ENJOY George

Brenda is my Wife had her for the last 35 years she is a good cook.

Jesus Christ--The reason for the season!

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a veteran.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next