Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
November 26, 2014, 07:30:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Public Servants or Gods....  (Read 2852 times)
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« on: September 28, 2010, 06:54:05 PM »

Never liked the leftist Spector from Pennsylvania. Glad he is now gone. Too bad not much sooner.

So he lived off the people being a "public servant" for the last 44 years or more. Of course that was after he helped some rather GUILTY people flee the country.... rolleyes

But now, some nitwits are building a pillar at the alter to cast for eternity the idea that this man was more than a public servant, but some Deity.

A gold watch.... I could see as I think it would be nice gesture as we boot him out the door.

But 10 million dollars for a Specter library? We must all be idiots to allow this stuff to happen.

He was a public servant. He lived off the taxes of others. He was around much longer than any honest man would of sacrificed for the honor to serve. He was a crook!

But now....10 million for a person who was a public servant.

Next, we'll be building shrines for bus drivers, and pooper scooper's and any other public sector worker.

This country is just insane with idiots.

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com
bigbearomaha
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 07:00:07 PM »

all  I can think of to give him would be a prison term.

Seems fitting to me.

Big Bear
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 07:28:29 PM »

But we have built libraries for a lot of public servants.  Jerry

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
asprince
Super Bee

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 07:29:41 PM »

Like the crap I hear all the time. "It's not going to cost us anything, we're getting a grant."

Steve

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 08:52:04 PM »

But libraries are going to be out dated soon.   Books are going digital.   You want something, go online.   It would be so easy to put an entire library online.  Just another reach around for the politician to keep his name alive.  Using borrowed money that we will have to pay back with interest for his name.   Name a prison after them.
tecumseh
House Bee

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 08:42:05 AM »

Bjorn writes:
Never liked the leftist Spector from Pennsylvania.

tecumseh:
and so my case for some folks not being able to distinguish the left from the right is precisely made.

evidently (guessing for certain) name calling (lefty or righty) means the fellow (Spector in this case) didn't agree with Bjorn on each and every point over the entire span of his political career.  since the consuming public (in this case voters) buys into this name calling so eagerly, it does tell ya' quite a bit.  perhaps more than you really wanted to know.   

I am 'the panther that passes in the night'... tecumseh.
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2010, 09:38:11 AM »

Ah yes, the stone caster throwing stones at the public.

The public being disgruntled and voicing their views is to be expected and tolerated. Public officials are fair game from both ends of the spectrum.

The person denigrating the very public expressing their views, shall we say...may be a bit self righteous and denigrating in their own way...but just a tad more incorrect, even if the person does not see the difference.

Me calling Spector an idiot is one thing.

You calling me or any "voter" an idiot or assuming the same, for feeling that way, is a whole different thing.

But I would not expect anything different from a academia elitist leftist U.N. loving beekeeper... rolleyes

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
L Daxon
Field Bee

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2010, 09:53:53 AM »

I have long believed we needed a custom (I hate to say "law" as we have too many of those already) that anything built with public funds (libraries, roads, bridges, schools, lakes, etc.) should/could not be named after elected officials.  Certainly not sitting elected officials.  We have public buildings/facilities in Oklahoma named after elected officials who have since gone to jail!!!! 

I don't care how "instrumental" the elected official, be he governor, senator, legislator, county commissioner, etc., was in getting the thing built, the fact is it was still built with public money, not the official's money!  There are plenty of hardworking, honest citizens that deserve things named after them.  The elected officials get too much credit/acclaim as it is.

linda d
bigbearomaha
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2010, 02:49:03 PM »

Bjorn, if  I ever get to visit your area of PA,  I am definitely gonna buy you a soda ( or whatever you drink)  I may not agree with everything you post, but doggone it,  I gotta give you credit for not being afraid to speak your mind.   applause

honestly,  I probably agree with about 90% of your posts as read so far, but that's neither here or there.  There are some folks out there in this world who feel compelled to make things more difficult than they have to be so they can feel good about having to explain it to everyone else.  it makes them feel smarter.  nevermind that the issue didn't need to be made complicated in the first place.

not only that, but making things more difficult than they have to be gives them the illusion of accomplishment.

why, by doing things *this* way, we can create jobs and money and titles and authority that can only exist as long as the pretension exists.

regardless of party affiliation, I tend to look more critically at those in office who are making things harder than they have to be and who is maintaining the status quo so as not to lose all the perks of what the convolution has gotten them.

Big Bear
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2010, 04:41:43 PM »

or naming schools after presidents that haven't even completed a full term

Keith
hardwood
Galactic Bee

Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2010, 04:48:56 PM »

I want a strip club named after me! grin

Scott

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
dennis2021
House Bee

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2010, 07:04:40 PM »

Scott

Saint Scott's Topless Bar  ...... grin grin
G3farms
Queen Bee

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2010, 09:01:58 PM »

Scott

HARDWOODS

see my swarms and cut outs at https://www.youtube.com/user/soapy22bullet?feature=mhee

those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your @ss is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2010, 09:45:21 PM »

Oh no you didn't  shocked

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2010, 09:48:59 PM »

that's just......WRONG!   shocked   evil

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
hardwood
Galactic Bee

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2010, 11:12:11 PM »

I'm lovin' that! I think I'll bring that up at the next county council meeting!

Scott

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
tecumseh
House Bee

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2010, 08:35:53 AM »

Bjorn writes:
You calling me or any "voter" an idiot or assuming the same, for feeling that way, is a whole different thing.

But I would not expect anything different from a academia elitist leftist U.N. loving beekeeper...

tecumseh:
reading comprehension still a problem for ya' huh Bjorn?  just show me where I use the word idiot?

ps... I may be a loving beekeeper but I am definitely not either an academic, nor an elitist, nor a lefty (well actually I am right handed).  the name calling, right vs left, does seem to work for certain folks.

I am 'the panther that passes in the night'... tecumseh.
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2010, 05:13:57 PM »

Hey Tec,
I'll show you where you called me an idiot, when you show me where I said you did.

I think I gave you a choice....calling me an idiot OR assuming the same. I never said you did called me an idiot. Maybe you should go back and read that again.  Wink

I think you have fetish about worrying about others in comprehending what you say, while you also seeming suggest from post to post that the average person visiting this site is unable to comprehend the boorish slop you throw around. Oh wait...need I point to your other denigrating comments thrown around now...or wait for you to claim that you don't do that either....  lau

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
hardwood
Galactic Bee

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2010, 05:16:37 PM »

Can we please just get back to my strip club? grin

Scott

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2010, 05:17:59 PM »

Oh what the heck...lets just jump this discussion a few feet forwards and just point at one of those denigrating boorish comments.... See Post #54

http://forum.beemaster.com/index.php/topic,29924.40.html

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next