Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 20, 2014, 10:28:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FINALLY!!!! Hernia Surgery Aug 12, 2010  (Read 1148 times)
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« on: July 27, 2010, 06:42:21 PM »

This one has been a long time coming, been fighting the insurance company a long time. But here it is.

About a month before my car accident in 2008 (where I went unconscious and hit a tree head on) I noticed my belly button sticking out little - thinking that strange, but I have added a lot of weight over the last 2 years, thought it might be normal. I remember being sore after getting stuck in the boiler entry door - a small 11x19.9 doorway 16 inches thick and line with metal studs to scew nits on to hold the door in place.

I got caught on a stud and couldn't get in or out, I was stuck and my spotter didn't know how do proceed, so I finally wiggled out and except for being a little sor, nothing hurt and I went about work. So a month later I'm in a car accident and CT scans were taken of my waist and the imbecilic hernia showed up on the report.

So, since then I have tried to get this hernia taken care of and EVERY TIME I'd see doctor, etc., the health care insurance refused to pay for it saying it was from a "CAR ACCIDENT" it took my wife threatening to drop their covrage at re-up time, then magically bills started getting paid.

So, I've had my final exams, EKG, blood-work and Chest X-rays - all done and FINALLY today I get a call with the date and time.

Not that I want surgery, but I need it, it hasn't gotten any better all this time. So, just an FYI to anyone following this, I should be out of work approx 5 weeks.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
hardwood
Galactic Bee

Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 06:50:01 PM »

Our best wishes for you John. I hope the surgery goes well and the recovery is swift!

Scott and Peggy

(To everyone else...Better watch out...that means he'll be on here every minute for 5 weeks watching every word you post grin)

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 08:03:56 PM »

Yeah, but at least we will know where he is Kiss

John take care and keep us informed all along the way.

Sincerely
Annette rainbow sunflower
Pillpeddler
New Bee

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 10:19:28 PM »

Prayers from Ky...  and by the way, you will probably be real sore for 2 or 3 days, better after that. 

Pill
beee farmer
House Bee

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 10:35:19 PM »

John,
  I had the same surgery 4 years back, you will be back a couple of weeks, sore and tender but definatly computer able and willing.  Especially since you wont be doing any crawling through boiler hatches, lifting, standing up fast, bending at the waist, sneezing, caughing or grunting for a few weeks.  For me it was 2 weeks of kicking myself for getting it fixed followed by a couple of months of indifference follwed by 4 years of OMG it sure is nice not having that "thing"sticking out.  I wish you good luck and little discomfort.  We will have to have a belly button scar competition at buds next year.  LOL

Always,
Mike

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do"  Benjamin Franklin
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 10:42:36 PM »

I'll say a prayer for you too, John, and hope that it goes well for you.  My daughter had one too, but got it fixed at age 3 and barely noticed she had an operation but age three heals faster than age 43 ....

Rick
KD4MOJ
Field Bee

Bees... Motorcycles... amateur radio...

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 06:51:52 AM »

Godspeed on your recovery John!

...DOUG
KD4MOJ
johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2010, 06:14:30 PM »

Yay John!!!
 I just saw the date of this post, so I guess everything went good huh? GOT ANY PICS? was it fun bein off? I had sick leave and vacation pay and I loved every minit being off!!!..I could do it again!!!
your friend,
john

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next