Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 26, 2014, 02:26:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: we're really moving now  (Read 907 times)
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« on: September 24, 2010, 10:46:07 AM »

Our scientist in charge, "Today we are starting a little experiment. We have two ladies that have been in labor for several hours awaiting a count down so they can have their babies at the exact same moment. One is on the South pole axis and the other is at the equator."

"Are you ladies ready?"

South pole lady, "YES YES GET THIS STARTED. I'M FREEZING MY PATOOTY OFF."

And at the equator, "WHEN THIS IS OVER I AM GOING TO RIP YOUR FACE OFF AND STICK IT UP..."

"Ok. Start the count down."

Count down done and BAM two babies. Now we are going to leave this little scenario and return after the Earth has circle the Sun 100 times. And here are a few little things to think about while we wait.

The Earth spins on it's axis. Our new born at the equator is traveling about 1000 miles per hour where as the new child at the pole (turning blue!!! Get some cloths on that kid) is sort of sitting still, but spinning.

And think about this. The Earth travels around the sun at over 67,000 miles per hour.

AND... the sun (along with us) travels around the galaxy at an eye popping 483,000 miles per hour. Take that Richard Petty.

And this will blow your skirt up. The Galaxy is racing across the Universe.... hold on to your hats.... 1,300,000 miles per hour.

Now if our baby at the Equator was aligned up just right he could be going over 1.9 million miles per hour.

(100 years past)

We are revisiting our lab rats today what we would call their 100th birthday, but let's see if it really is.

South pole, how old do you think you are.?

Well I have seen 100 days so I would say I am just a little over three months old.

And the guy at the equator, how old are you?

I have seen 36,525 days...

Really!?! So that makes you about 365 times older than the guy at the pole. There you have it folks. You grow older slower the further you get from the equator.

Hang on we are getting there.....

If you had identical twins, one stays on earth and the other hops onto a rocket and takes off at the speed of light.... (For the sake of this argument... NO! It does not kill him  rolleyes) He shoots off into space for two days and then turns around and comes back. Another two days of light speed travel.

Now the twin in the rocket has traveled approximately 62,899,200,000 miles. While his twin as gone no where. I for one believe they are still the exact same age. (Yes they managed to squeeze out of the womb at the same time. Sorry Mother.)

Now think about all this high speed movement we are doing all the time. Does speed influence time? Really? I think Einstein was full of it.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=130077353&sc=emaf

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
BeeHopper
Queen Bee

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 04:17:42 PM »

J,

Sometimes you give me headaches  Sad

Wink
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 06:11:38 PM by BeeHopper » Logged
Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 04:38:17 PM »

someone came up with a formula that shows time as being related to distance from sea level. Sorry, I don't have any of the exact info, but I'm starting to want to search it.

be happy and make others happy.
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 05:11:15 PM »

Yeah I believe I have heard of a formula that proves we don't exist also.

Weird huh?

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 08:46:07 PM »

I getting dizzy thinking about it.
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2010, 02:18:09 AM »

Here is another one. All it tells me is they made a clock run faster.... or slower.... doesn't prove that time changes any at all. I can take clocks and watches and stop time with the help of a magnet.  rolleyes

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100924/sc_afp/scienceusresearcheinstein_20100924153520

Jerry

Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2010, 05:04:18 AM »

I understand the question now - I'd have to do some digging to find out how they provably, reliably believe that time is a function of speed of distance.

be happy and make others happy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next