Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 19, 2014, 06:08:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Honey extractors electric versus manual  (Read 109 times)
merryn
New Bee

« on: April 18, 2014, 03:23:30 AM »

I am in Australia and have been using an old extractor given to me but it is very laborious.  It is time to buy one and I am deciding between the  stainless steel 3 frame Manual Extractor with Tank and Strainer or an Aussie Power Machinery 4 frame electric stainless steel one.  They are both similarly priced.  I have two hives planning to increase to 3 in Spring.   I can't find any reviews regarding this electric one.   Any advice would be very welcome.  Thanks Merryn.
amun-ra
House Bee

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 07:34:36 AM »

Aussie power machinery is all Chinese junk if you only have 3 hives manual extracter is the best option I have 12 hives and still extract by hand withought any probs. good exercise.get some friends over and give them a jar of honey each makes life easy and its good to share the fresh produce with your friends and neighbours

Every day the sun shines and gravity sucks= free energy
sawdstmakr
Super Bee

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 12:12:36 PM »

I had 12 hives last year. I use an 18 frame motorized Mann Lake extractor and exrtacted 1200 pounds last year. I would not want to try that manually.
For a start, try to motorize the one you have. I have heard some beeks put drill motors on them.
Jim
merryn
New Bee

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 10:00:49 PM »

Thank you very much Jim and Friend this is what I needed to hear.  Glad I didn't get the chinese electric version and your coments are most appreciated.  I will be buying the manual extractor on Tuesday, enjoy your weekend.  Regards Merryn
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next