Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 18, 2014, 03:48:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Screw the Republican establishment!  (Read 4797 times)
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« on: September 15, 2010, 10:22:54 AM »

I have always been a conservative. I have always voted republican. I do not like the liberal leftist side.

But a few years back the Pennsylvania republican party shoved Lynn Swann down our throats in some lame attempt to use his name and color as a viable candidate. No public appearances, no public debate, no nothing but here is WHO YOU WILL VOTE FOR! And Lynn Swann got his butt kicked.

I have never donated to the state republican party since.

Now the national party is dumping the republican party victor in Delaware. They will not support who the republican VOTERS WANT, they want to back who they want. And if they do not get their way...then they walk away.

Well you know something, Republicans can walk away too. They do not need my support, money, or vote.

Politics on both sides suck. They shove preselected picks and insiders, who are at odds with what the voters want.

I applaud the voters who dumped the "established" candidate thrown out there by the parties.

For years, people have said a two party system was a broken record. And I wholeheartedly look forward to the parties either changing to the will of the voters, or seeing them go down in flame.

For years, I was given the option of some Dem candidate, or Arlene Spector, who was for years a Dem in sheep's cloths.

The republican party is going to go through some changes, and some will be painful. If they do not take control of the senate, then so be it. To say that the only option we had in Delaware was a republican who said he will vote for Cap & Trade, is sickening.

Better to clean your own house, before you think you can change others. And I hope the voters continue to clean the republican ranks of RINO's. I'll take the one step back, to move two steps forward.

And in the meantime, the republican party will not get any support from me, .......the voter.

It's real simple. When the establishment says within hours that they will not back the person the voters put in by vote, what does that say to the voters of Delaware? They could of held back any comment, worked things out behind closed doors, or just supported in a limited capacity. But for them to come out and say "We will not support the republican voters in Delaware, by not supporting their candidate", I'm sure they will not be getting any support soon by some republicans. Me being one of them.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 10:49:00 AM by BjornBee » Logged

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com
L Daxon
Field Bee

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 10:46:45 AM »

---------------
Here, here.  Right on.  So what if the repubs don't take control of the senate this time around.  There is always 2012 or 2014 (if the economy doesn't totally collapse before then.)  We can't keep sending the establishment types to Washington and expect anything to change.  The repubs didn't seem to get the message when they got shellacked in 2006 and 2008. Establishments types on either side still don't understand the Tea Party and have ignored them at their own peril.  You are right. This political change is going to be painful, but not as painful and the entire economy/country collapsing if we don't change direction, and fast.

linda d
bigbearomaha
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 11:02:46 AM »

can't disagree with a thing you said here bjorn.

only thing  I might add is that it's never about the what the people want with these parties.  it's what the party leadership wants.  to hell with the public.  They (the party leadership) has it's own agenda and it does not necessarily coincide with the intent or will of the people at large.

it's a power platform, nothing more.  same goes for the dems.

Big Bear
VolunteerK9
Super Bee

Gamecock fan in UT land.

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 11:40:08 AM »

I vote to go treatment free and all small cell and to not buy paint at Walmart ever again due to selling out on my convictions  grin
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 11:51:04 AM »

I vote to go treatment free and all small cell and to not buy paint at Walmart ever again due to selling out on my convictions  grin

Baby steps...baby steps.....

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com
jgaito
House Bee

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2010, 12:31:13 PM »

both the "throw the bums out"  and "vote for the electable" sectors have valid points but it's time to send a message to the fair weather conservatives and rinos.   any Republican that voted for the 2000 page unread unread health care legislation should be banished from Washington for eternity. yes, the country is divided.  now it's time to show the GOP exactly where the line is drawn.
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2010, 03:44:59 PM »

Get rid of all parties and put in term limits.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2010, 04:23:43 PM »

we will never have a better chance than right now to get rid of not only the "progressives" but the RINO's.  they both need to go.  i will not vote for someone just because the party thinks they are most likely to win.  sometimes that's the only choice, but not this time.  this time we need to be all in!

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2010, 06:19:32 PM »

Vote early, vote often.
CountryBee
House Bee

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2010, 06:36:37 PM »

Bad things happen in PA elections yesturday my friend?  NY was good! grin  Independent businessman won by a petition of 30,000 votes to be put on ballot.  And we all then voted him in! grin
tecumseh
House Bee

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2010, 09:49:52 PM »

the republicans can't get along, the democrats definitely can't get along, the muslim world doesn't appear to have ever gotten along and us christians right now ain't gettin' along so well either.

sounds like a lot of folks just can't get along?

if any group airs every issue in a 'not liberal enough' or 'not conservative enough' rhetoric pretty soon they are likely to be occupying the tent all by themselves.

I am 'the panther that passes in the night'... tecumseh.
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2010, 10:47:45 PM »

I have always been a conservative. I have always voted republican. I do not like the liberal leftist side.

The republican party is going to go through some changes, and some will be painful. If they do not take control of the senate, then so be it. To say that the only option we had in Delaware was a republican who said he will vote for Cap & Trade, is sickening.

Better to clean your own house, before you think you can change others. And I hope the voters continue to clean the republican ranks of RINO's. I'll take the one step back, to move two steps forward.

And in the meantime, the republican party will not get any support from me, .......the voter.

It's real simple. When the establishment says within hours that they will not back the person the voters put in by vote, what does that say to the voters of Delaware? They could of held back any comment, worked things out behind closed doors, or just supported in a limited capacity. But for them to come out and say "We will not support the republican voters in Delaware, by not supporting their candidate", I'm sure they will not be getting any support soon by some republicans. Me being one of them.
My Grandfather was an Island County Commisioner for 1 term.  As a result of his experience he used to say that an Honest Politician never gets re-elected.  He voted for what was best for the his Constiuents, not how the Republican party wanted him to vote.  So when it came time for re-election the party selected a different candidate.  That was in 1951 and nothings changed.  That's why the Tea Party movement is so important.

Edit:  That's the way I meant it.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 09:39:49 PM by Brian D. Bray » Logged

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
Mason
House Bee

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2010, 11:46:09 AM »

RINO and Progressive Republicans are arguably worse than a Democrat.  A wolf in sheep clothing. 

What I think is kind of funny is that the Democrats are spinning Tea Party victories as GOP losses.  In a sense that is correct but am I the only one that thinks this spells disaster for the Democrats?

Hardcore Dems will vote on the Democratic ticket no matter what.  The same holds true for hardcore Republicans.  Now enter a Tea Party candidate in place of a Republican candidate AND now supported by the GOP.  Seems to me they will get the votes of all the independents as well as disgruntled Dems and Republicans.  That's a win!

This is a revolution.  Those in power are not going to give it up without a fight regardless of their party.  Beware of corruption and voter fraud unlike we have ever seen in this country.  I think I am speaking for everyone when I say I much prefer a revolution at the polls instead of the traditional way of revolting.  We need to stay energized and continue to pay attention.  The internet is our weapon of choice and the powers at be are unprepared and defenseless to our firepower.

Former beekeeper until March....maybe next year...RIP
L Daxon
Field Bee

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2010, 12:00:13 PM »

Mason,

De ms are hoping that the Tea Party victories will make Independents think twice about dumping ABM, his agenda and his aiders/abeters in public.  Not all Independents necessarily think the Tea Party is swell.    Hopefully, at worse, their lack of enthusiasm for the rightward lurch (return to home base?) of the GOP will just make the Independents stay home.   Which is fine.

I think I heard Karl Rove say on Greta last night that for the first time since it has been tracked (ever) more votes are being cast in Republican primaries than Democratic primaries.  That is the enthusiasm gap in action.  Can't wait for November!

linda d
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2010, 12:07:39 PM »

the so called "moderates" are not a dependable voting block for anyone.  if they don't know what they stand for how can anyone figure out how they are going to vote?

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
thebalvenie
House Bee

Vote Ron Paul!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2010, 04:15:46 PM »

VOTE PLATFORM! NOT PARTY!

enough said from me.

"Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito"
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2010, 04:32:50 PM »

Vote term limits.  Eliminate the establishment.
thebalvenie
House Bee

Vote Ron Paul!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2010, 05:37:29 PM »

Vote term limits.  Eliminate the establishment.

ha! that too!

VOTE RON PAUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO.

"Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito"
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2010, 05:55:09 PM »

I can't vote for him because he is not running for anything in my district.

Question, I like Ron Paul's voting record and ideas, and he has tried to push term limits through since the 70's.   But he has been in congress for 13 years straight now, right?  Or am I mistaken?
L Daxon
Field Bee

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2010, 09:43:30 PM »

Congressmen & and congresswomen who say they are for term limits and then stay in Congress forever use the "seniority system" to justify their hanging around.  "I am for term limits but I am not going to self limit and let the opposition amass power because of longevity," the Republican running to be my next congressman told me recently.  I told him that was just a cop out and an excuse to stay around. 

If you really believe in citizen legislators and not career politicians you just got to Washington, serve a few terms and get the heck out.  There are lots of ways to be a "public servant" besides serving in Congress. 

linda d
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next