Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 21, 2014, 11:43:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 3D GLASSES - question about your theaters  (Read 1641 times)
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« on: September 15, 2010, 10:15:43 AM »

I just saw a 3d movie yesterday, I remember many places, IMAX and other place LEND you glasses and you go thru the bin looking for the least scratched pair.

Yesterday for Resident Evil 3D, I got a brand new pair at the ticket boot auto added to my ticket price. It was about $2.75 for the glasses. But, I get to keep them (although they have bins to toss your glasses after the movie) but the problem is, they won't let you use them NEXT time. So, what happens, you get a whole collection home for when you get a 3DTV??

I thought it classy being the FIRST and only person to wear the glasses, but I wonder do theaters do that everywhere? My last 3d was at Baltimore Inner Harbor in 2001, so I'm wondering how it works everywhere. Thanks.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
bigbearomaha
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 10:58:08 AM »

you keep them for when you break down and buy the fancy 3d  televisions that are out now.
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 01:06:45 PM »

Sooo....the price of that movie was what...$75??? rolleyes

It is amazing...the theaters  need to do something to keep from being put out of business by cheaper home theater systems, so they respond by raising prices and charging for everything??

Good grief...they just made you pay for recycling.

Rick
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 03:25:20 PM »

I think I paid 15 or 16 bucks to see the last 3D movie for adult price.  12 for the kid maybe.   Way to much.   I don't think they are worth it just for 3D.   
And they ask you to recycle the glasses.   The kid likes them until he losses them.   I like getting a new one better that one that some kid has chewed on or pick out what with it.   
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 06:46:40 PM »

Let's see the movie was $9.25 and glasses $2.75 - but Marquis Cinema gives military employees "senior discount price" which saves about $3. Still too much, but as losing Morse code was inevitable to HAM radio to keep people in the hobby, 3D is the saving grace for theaters, for now at least.

Comcast Cable now has a "SAME DAY AS THEATER RELEASE" on many movies. I think THIS is the fade of the future. Regular On-Demand movies $4.99 but the "same-day as theater" shows are three dollars more - a VERY good deal for the family, or even a single person. If you have a nice TV, stay home and party, not just eat $17 pop-corn.

I fell it won't be long before "home Theater" has a whole new meaning. Not saying movie theaters are going away, just saying that a whole new market is opening for film producers!

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2010, 06:57:58 PM »

our theater hands them out and collects them at the end.  they were pretty nice.  not the old paper ones that i remember.  i think the move was 1 dollar more than 2D.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next