Figured this would be the best place to post this since this is the natural area.
If you itch after being stung, I have found that heat will stop the itching. Long story....Short version is....poison sumac and a natural website saved me from a trip to the physc ward.....
So here's the deal-
The poison makes your body react by sending histamine to the area, which is what causes the itch. The heat destroys the histamine for about 4 to 5 hours for most people.
Now, when I say heat, I don't mean a little hot, I mean as hot as you can take it. I started in the sink with the faucet, but found a hair dryer to work as good or better. Apply heat for 1-2 minutes on each sting and walla. You can even scratch it and it won't start itching again.
One of the cool side effects is that while your applying the heat it feels like a thousand needles lightly scratching it....aaaahhhhhhh
Tell me what you think, have you ever tried this or heard of this. Does it work for you?
This works for me on mosquitoes, bees, wasps, poison sumac, etc......any itching