Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 29, 2014, 07:09:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Working with bugs in general  (Read 468 times)
bigbearomaha
« on: September 13, 2010, 07:20:45 AM »

After getting countless calls that someone has bees and they turn out to be (what else) yellow jackets instead,  I got tired of losing the money from going out there and turning the case over to an exterminator.  leading me to get my exterminators license this year.

next year will be an expansive year for me in terms of bee pollination accounts locally, bee removals, yellow jacket and wasp eliminations, and running the bee market selling everything from honey and wax based items to beekeeping equipment and supplies locally (I am a Brushy Mtn reseller as well as building and making tbh products myself).

anyone else that works with bees also a pest control business person as well?

Big Bear
VolunteerK9
Super Bee

Gamecock fan in UT land.

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 08:58:59 AM »

Not yet but I have thought about doing the extermination business as a sideline. How hard was it to obtain the necessary license(s)?
bigbearomaha
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 09:12:09 AM »

In Nebraska, there is a general test and then there are specific work area tests, especially for restricted use pesticides. so I had two tests at a minimum.  The tests aren't really that hard if you prepare for them.  The biggest thing is being careful in usage and documentation.  got to keep very detailed documentation.

Big Bear
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next